Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it inevitable you become a one clicker/less active for a few seasons

Options
  • 15-07-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Facilities Level 4, Coaches all level 4, 3 Trainees for the next 3 or 4 seasons using up training slots, squad of 30 players strong enough to do well in division 3 and in time good enough to survive in division 2, stadium expanded and with the new contentment rules big enough for the next 3 or 4 seasons………. What next?? I am actually bored and can see myself becoming a one click (weekly) manager for the next few seasons (until I can give Division 2 a proper go)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I hope you're right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Hard to see how I can keep playing as I have been for the next few seasons... What next really??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'd agree, I basically log in these days to check energy levels, maybe tinker slightly with training and check training reports. infact I often don't actually log into BR to check energy recuperation as I use the BR Manager V3 and update that.

Compared to the first two/three seasons I do nothgin!:eek: log in on a monday to set team for friendly, tuesday to scroll through training report and then sat fri/sat for matches. occassionaly click in & scroll through the clubrooms just cos!:D

the team really ticks over mid season without much needing to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I change training every week, and usually do my homework on my opponents, depending on how good they are. Thats largely it.

I can't change training as have 3 trainees taking up my slots for the next 3-4 seasons! I am currently in Division 2 and now know what it takes to compete up here (I am easily 3 seasons away from theses guys with teams of 60k-70k CSR players) Every season, now that the upgrading is over I can probably buy one big CSR player to add to my team. I just can't see what more there is to do??? I might take on the mammoth task of updating all the jerseys, faces and player database of my Pro Rugby Manager 2 (loved that game)- that should take a while:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    I'd agree, I basically log in these days to check energy levels, maybe tinker slightly with training and check training reports. infact I often don't actually log into BR to check energy recuperation as I use the BR Manager V3 and update that.

Compared to the first two/three seasons I do nothgin!:eek: log in on a monday to set team for friendly, tuesday to scroll through training report and then sat fri/sat for matches. occassionaly click in & scroll through the clubrooms just cos!:D

the team really ticks over mid season without much needing to be done.

Maybe that's why Orizio keeps beating ya!

I'm afraid this whole Blackout Rugby lark comes down to commitment Fewcifur. There are people who log on every few days in a fit of boredom, set some random thoughtless tactics, shift a few players around and then go back to normal life...and there is Orizio. ;)

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm afraid this whole Blackout Rugby lark comes down to commitment Fewcifur. There are people who log on every few days in a fit of boredom, set some random thoughtless tactics, shift a few players around and then go back to normal life...and there is Orizio. ;)

who has no life and gets all his self actualisation from BR.... ;)

who has no life and gets all his self actualisation from BR.... ;)

Hang on a second, I just have to go look up the term 'self-actualisation' so I can come up with some kind of witty retort...

As an aside, I've been playing longer then anyone here and I am not bored, even though I'll be stuck in the same division for probably 5-6 seasons.

• Advertisement

It's just a case (for me anyway) I have a squad of 31 players, they should keep me going up and down between Div 2 and 3 over the next few seasons! I have 3 trainees using up all my slots - so apart from logging in to set which team plays on a Saturday I have nothing to keep me really active! I have no access from work so can't offer to help much on the national side. I really think it's time they had an alternative cup for people when they get knocked out of the national cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Phonehead wrote: »
    It's just a case (for me anyway) I have a squad of 31 players, they should keep me going up and down between Div 2 and 3 over the next few seasons! I have 3 trainees using up all my slots - so apart from logging in to set which team plays on a Saturday I have nothing to keep me really active! I have no access from work so can't offer to help much on the national side. I really think it's time they had an alternative cup for people when they get knocked out of the national cup.

Boards Cup champion right here! :)

The Almost There Title looks like my only chance of silverware.... (in best eamo dunphy voice) TNT all the way baby;)

As an aside, I've been playing longer then anyone here and I am not bored, even though I'll be stuck in the same division for probably 5-6 seasons.

I think I would have got bored by now if it wasn't for the banter on here and the boards cup. really i only get satisfaction from beating people on here, when playing unknown managers I don't watch it live etc. "knowing" the opposition adds an extra dimension!:)

I think I would have got bored by now if it wasn't for the banter on here and the boards cup. really i only get satisfaction from beating people on here, when playing unknown managers I don't watch it live etc. "knowing" the opposition adds an extra dimension!:)

I apologise for your future descent into manic depression then. :(

I apologise for your future descent into manic depression then. :(

if these accounting exams dont send me over first you mean!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Phonehead wrote: »
    I can't change training as have 3 trainees taking up my slots for the next 3-4 seasons! I am currently in Division 2 and now know what it takes to compete up here (I am easily 3 seasons away from theses guys with teams of 60k-70k CSR players) Every season, now that the upgrading is over I can probably buy one big CSR player to add to my team. I just can't see what more there is to do??? I might take on the mammoth task of updating all the jerseys, faces and player database of my Pro Rugby Manager 2 (loved that game)- that should take a while:D:D

Pro Rugby Manager 2! Awesome. Played that for about a day before going back to Football Manager. :pac:

Advertisement