Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all those defending the graffiti and tagging in town.

• 15-07-2010 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Afternoon,

Well its completely obvious that you'll try to twist anything thats posted or done to try and do some good for the city so perhaps you'd like to comment on the following which have been tagged and vandalised:

facebook: limerickagainstgraffiti

15072010791.jpg

15072010793.jpg

15072010794.jpg

Best Regards - MP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I don't mind grafitti, as long as it's got a purpose, or looks good.
    And as long as it's not vandlising somebody's property.

Crap like that just pisses me off.

Why the hell would somebody think that we care about a stupid squiggle that you draw!
    Some graffiti around the world is stunning.
    Taking a train through Holland for instance is a joy, because of the grafitti on the tunnels, but in Ireland grafitti tends to amount to "Decci loves Majella 4VR" or those stupid squiggles.

Depressing really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The graffiti in the skatepark was causing no harm and was actually something to look at. Same as the huge open space at the end of the Dock Road, some great art in there. The people painting over them need to get a life, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭RINO87

Afternoon,

Well its completely obvious that you'll try to twist anything thats posted or done to try and do some good for the city so perhaps you'd like to comment on the following which have been tagged and vandalised:

facebook: limerickagainstgraffiti

15072010791.jpg

15072010793.jpg

15072010794.jpg

Best Regards - MP

Yes the instances you show there are just mindless vandalism. Just like what you did when you decided that YOU wanted to paint over legitimate pieces of art that YOU didn't like.

Mods in my opinion lock this thread, it's all been discussed before, there was a thread about it last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Melion wrote: »
    The graffiti in the skatepark was causing no harm and was actually something to look at. Same as the huge open space at the end of the Dock Road, some great art in there. The people painting over them need to get a life, seriously.

The skatepark graffiti is being painted over :eek:. Thats just ridiculous. I think it added great colour o the skatepark.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Misterypainter, there is already one thread open on this forum to discuss what you have been doing with your paint.

I'd suggest you keep your discussion to that thread, and to respect the differences of opinion that may be expressed by other posters.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement