Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League LOI fixtures tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

I'd say the lads that left tallaght stadium early are a bit sickened now. 1-1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

It seems like it was crazy last 15 mins or so.

They equalise on 79 then go ahead a few mins later, we then equalise with a minute to go and they get a 95th min winner:(.

Still all to play for and hopefully a 1 nil victory at home. Roll on next week. I cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Rovers 1-1

The stream is really dodgy but from what i seen, Bailey has just scored the greatest goal in the history of football. I think it was just the stream though :D

franglan wrote: »
    I'd say the lads that left tallaght stadium early are a bit sickened now. 1-1 !

Great to hear

I never understand why fans leave early. You pay in to an event and then leave before its finished:confused: Never makes any sense (to me anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

And the commentary on the rovers game- amazing. "game back on with a dead body with me here" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great to hear

I never understand why fans leave early. You pay in to an event and then leave before its finished:confused: Never makes any sense (to me anyway)

I'd never leave a game early, but I can understand why some do!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Delighted Fingal lost, pity about Shams getting the draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Stockholm syndrome is alive and well in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Sparks43 wrote: »
    what £$$%$% stream dont tell me it was shown on the net :mad:

FINAL SCORE 1-1

n1 delighted ireland get something towards our coefficiant even though its the hoops(scum)

I posted the stream twice (both in here and in the stream topic), SRFC TV always stream home games when its not on the tv.

The fans that left early are the tallaght bandwagoners, they see it done in the EPL and they want to copy it, either that, or people with small kids who want to beat the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wexler12 wrote: »

230801650v5_480x480_Front.jpg

god i can see now why it was divide and conquer. typical irish sh1Te........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

frantic190 wrote: »
    I posted the stream twice (both in here and in the stream topic), SRFC TV always stream home games when its not on the tv.

The fans that left early are the tallaght bandwagoners, they see it done in the EPL and they want to copy it, either that, or people with small kids who want to beat the crowd.

didnt see it but ty i was searching my usual spots with no luck

fingers crossed for all the irish next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

LiamMc wrote: »
    Richard Lecky scores for the Ports and gets booked in the process.
    Portadown 1-0 Qarabag/Garabag of Azerbaijan

How was the draw done for this round? It would appear that Portadown got an easier tie, was this just luck of the draw or were they seeded and the LOI clubs weren't, which wouldn't make much sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

carlop wrote: »
    How was the draw done for this round? It would appear that Portadown got an easier tie, was this just luck of the draw or were they seeded and the LOI clubs weren't, which wouldn't make much sense?

they lost 2-1 btw:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Shams have given themselves a good chance now as well. They just need 1 goal in Israel and it's wide open. Unlucky for Fingal but 2 away goals could prove valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Well done Shams and Fingal.

Don't like either clubs for different reasons but fair play, especially Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Reports coming back from Portugal that only 4 mins were put up but the goal came in the 95min+15seconds.

Mass complaints after the game, also judging by the stream at the Rovers game the ref was a joke as well.

At least the LOI refs know they ain't the only cowboy officials in Europe anymore.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Reports coming back from Portugal that only 4 mins were put up but the goal came in the 95min+15seconds.

Mass complaints after the game, also judging by the stream at the Rovers game the ref was a joke as well.

At least the LOI refs know they ain't the only cowboy officials in Europe anymore.

I guess it depends on whether there was any subs made or other stoppages after the board went up.

There wasn't. Lorcan scored in the 89th minute.

Liam and Co had it timed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

arsehole complete and total

if you cannot support or say anything constructive then fo
    Says the man who referred to us Hoops as scum a few posts ago :rolleyes:

Great that we were kept alive at the death. Should give us the confidence to go try nick an away goal next week. KOH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Well done Fingal! No shame in 2 away goals to the team who finished 5th in the Portugese League last year. Cant wait for the 2nd leg next week. :D

Fair play to Rovers who kept going til the end.

Hard luck to Dundalk. What doesnt kill ya makes you stronger. Chin up lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

you are some arsehole tbh

i dont support the franchise (pats myself)

but ffs give them a little bit of support in Europe any wins/draws benefit the league as a whole

sorry mods

Arse.

Pats earned our Coefficent, the fact it benefited Rovers Dundalk and Fingal is irrelevent. IF we get into Europe in the next 5 years we are seeded due to OUR results.

**** the rest, let them earn their own co efficent rather than hanging onto ours.

We play Dundalk on sunday, its rare an irish team does well after a euro game and they havent scored vs us in Oriel for nearly 12 years. Nailed on Dalk win :(

Rovers done well, i hope they win next week :)

Fingal have a chance.

Referee Luc Wilmes from Luxembourg signalled for three minutes of stoppage time, but five minutes was played... very dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Arse.

Pats earned our Coefficent, the fact it benefited Rovers Dundalk and Fingal is irrelevent. IF we get into Europe in the next 5 years we are seeded due to OUR results.

**** the rest, let them earn their own co efficent rather than hanging onto ours.

We play Dundalk on sunday, its rare an irish team does well after a euro game and they havent scored vs us in Oriel for nearly 12 years. Nailed on Dalk win :(

Rovers done well, i hope they win next week :)

Fingal have a chance.
    Jassus if Dundalk were tired after a match against Luxembourg's second finest I can only imagine what they'll be like on sunday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Go on Israel, I hope they hammer those Shams *****

We don't like Bohs.

Pats, Dundalk and Shels annoy us at times.

Sligo don't figure in the list. They are irrelevant: just another culchie pig-sty we have to visit twice a year.

As for the game: just back and thought we were well worth the draw. At the very least. They definitely had the technically better players: good on the ball and kept possession very well. They definitely seemed to come for a 0-0, and then sat behind the lead which resulted from some Rover's sloppiness. I thought we created some decent chances and the performance augers very well for the league, if not the second leg which may be beyond us now.

Think there was around 5000-5200 there and the atmosphere.was incredible when the equalizer went in around the 91st minute. Even the Gardai were smiling.

Sorry about Dundalk in fairness. Don't like to see any Irish team get leathered that badly.

That's pretty impressive for Fingal. Possibly the best chance to progress of all three tonight.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Jassus if Dundalk were tired after a match against Luxembourg's second finest I can only imagine what they'll be like on sunday :pac:

its not like they had much of the ball tbh, their keeper may be knackered tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gwan Maritimo:D

stovelid wrote: »
    Sorry about Dundalk in fairness. Don't like to see any Irish team get leathered that badly.

you brought "10-0 to the refugees" A4 printouts to our next match after the Zimbru incident.

Forgive me if i say i hope to bejaysus they beat you 11-0 in the 2nd leg :D

dont like to see any irish team beaten my arse :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    you brought "10-0 to the refugees" A4 printouts to our next match after the Zimbru incident.

Forgive me if i say i hope to bejaysus they beat you 11-0 in the 2nd leg :D

dont like to see any irish team beaten my arse :D

Needs must for a piss take. I'm just in contemplative mode.

Plus it was Dundalk, not youse or Bohs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

but ffs give them a little bit of support in Europe any wins/draws benefit the league as a whole

Support you're rivals in Europe? Ye I'd say Man Utd fans are up for Chelsea in the Champions League all the time. And how does it benefit the league?

Many Dundalk and Fingal fans travel abroad? Many away fans in the Community Stadium in Tallaght tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Liam and Co had it timed.

May come as a surprise to you, but nobody knows when the ref stops his watch, so it's impossible for anyone else to have "timed". :rolleyes:

I can't imagine Franchise were in too much of hurry towards the end of the game.

Many Dundalk and Fingal fans travel abroad? Many away fans in the Community Stadium in Tallaght tonight?

Feeling pissy about Fingal?

Looked like a very small knot of them in the main stand as they were waving an Israel flag but hard to tell how many as they were not in the away section.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So...Billy Dennehy copied Luis Suarez and now Robert Bayly copies Maicon*

Fair result, Murray, Price and Mannus all miscommunicating for the goal. They're very quick side on the break and good on the ball when 1-0 up, but before the goal they were not great. Rovers played too narrow for me with Chambers and Kavanagh pushing infield with not much creativity coming from Turner or Rice.

Stewart was very good upfront..and Twigg had a great chance just before half-time..

A defeat from their only sojourn forward would've been an anti-climax..Hooperman is part-time mascot, part-time conductor:)

*I'm ignoring the deflection off the keeper:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Fair play Fingal and Rovers tonight, two very creditable results, unlucky Dundalk but it was on the cards. Bit of a joke the way some LoI fans give out absolute sh1te about people not supporting Irish sides and then they turn around saying things like they're delighted to see Dundalk get battered and for Fingal to have lost.

dfx- wrote: »

*I'm ignoring the deflection off the keeper:pac:

For our goal - was it?

Thought Twigg's deflected one wad going to go in. Very close.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    May come as a surprise to you, but nobody knows when the ref stops his watch, so it's impossible for anyone else to have "timed". :rolleyes:

I can't imagine Franchise were in too much of hurry towards the end of the game.

Why your post failed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm pretty sure it did. Maybe off the foot of a tackling defender...I was up with the rest of the Main Stand rain refugees in the normal away corner.

It wouldn't be the first time a big late goal was scored off a deflection and then a post at that end.. (Podge) :)

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it did. Maybe off the foot of a tackling defender...I was up with the rest of the Main Stand rain refugees in the normal away corner.

I was actually on the other side, but couldn't really tell.

Re: away area. There were actually some Israeli supporters nearer to the Glenmalure Suite entrance. Or maybe they were Loyalists. :)

Goals from our game. Some really bad defending at the end cost us the game. They where not defending too well either by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Support you're rivals in Europe? Ye I'd say Man Utd fans are up for Chelsea in the Champions League all the time. And how does it benefit the league?
    Barstooler :P

Was a surreal experience to play in Europe in our own ground. This **** should have worn off by now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Bit of a joke the way some LoI fans give out absolute sh1te about people not supporting Irish sides and then they turn around saying things like they're delighted to see Dundalk get battered and for Fingal to have lost.

+1111111.

I love supporting my team (Fingal) and just ignore the bitterness and cynical attitude of some 'fans'. Very best of luck to the remaining Irish teams left in Europe! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Id like to see tital rivals remain in Europe for obvious reasons and moving up the coefficient ladder is important but other than that couldnt really care less about how the other teams do. Pats or Rovers getting hammered would always be funny though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

fair play to sporting fingal. their first game in europe and they done themselves proud and i might be right in saying that judging by them highlights they could be slightly annoyed that they lost the game.

to the begrudgers go in sh1te, crowe still has it:pac:

dundalk and rovers i couldnt give a rats arse about i will never support them in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Fantastic result for Fingal last night pity about the late goal. Not a bad result for Rovers, gives them a chance away that late equaliser. Poor Dundalk were just outclassed, a bit of pride next week to go out and win the match which would improve Ireland's co-efficient.

Hope Fingal and Rovers can sneak through to the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Absolutely shameful result from Dundalk though. But given the amount of goals they've been conceding lately it's not a big surpise.

Knew this was coming but thought we'd but up more of a fight. No confidence in the team at all and playing a far superior team. Unless foster brings in a couple of defenders and a box to box midfielder we'll slide down the table bigtime.

bohsman wrote: »
    Id like to see tital rivals remain in Europe for obvious reasons and moving up the coefficient ladder is important but other than that couldnt really care less about how the other teams do. Pats or Rovers getting hammered would always be funny though.

I think this is how most supporters would feel about rivals, but you'd hardly bother with dribbling spite all over the results thread on the night unlike some clubs who try (and fail) to manufacture rivalry from nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Congratulations and commiserations to both Fingal and Rovers - looks like both could have got a little more from their respective games, but both still well in with a shout of progressing.

As for Dundalk, nobody likes to see a LOI side get a pasting like that - it reflects poorly on the league as whole. I think we'll put it down to lack of confidence and probably a little inexperience.

I think the sides from the North deserve a mention too - good result for Cliftonville last night. The Irish League is currently enjoying its best European campaign for at least a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When the board is held up it's to signal the minimum amount of injury time to be played, the ref is can add more after that if he feels it should be.

The winners of the game against CS Maritimo and Sporting Fingal will play the winners of the game between FC Honka Espoo (Finland) and Bangor City (wales). That game finished 1-1 in Finland so Bangor have the advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement