Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie rejoins Take That

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Well...

....nope, don't care, off to Celebrity & Showbiz with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

oooh interesting.It'l be weird seeing them all together again.

I wonder If he's sing some of his solo stuff on the Take That tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ugh no, he's dead weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He has a greatest hits album coming out and his last album bombed so this will help him sell a few more

I think they are better off without him imo I prefer how they sound since they returned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Worst kept secret in showbiz the past few months but it'll be interesting to see how it comes together. I think they could both do with this at the moment. Robbie and his ever falling record sales and the band with all their scandals lately. Looking forward to seeing how it works out though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The bug-eyed tool's american dream is in ruins and his crappy albums are no longer shifting so he's back to his old band to make a few bob...what a surprise.

Maybe if he hadnt said this at a press conferance he might still have a "career"...nothing like a spot of boasting to piss off the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I'm delighted :D:D

It'll be like being 11 again....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Robbie once had a very successful solo career and happily spewed venom about his former group Take That, especially Gary. Then Robbie's career went down the toilet, while the That reformed and became mega-sellers again, while Robbie slipped further and further off the radar.

Then Robbie rejoined Take That.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I think people forget how phenomenonally successful Robbie has been in his own right. He has sold 55 MILLION albums worldwide; none of the others will ever have a solo career anywhere near that level. They've sold maybe 5 million albums in the last 5 years, whereas Robbie Williams is one of the most popular solo artists to come out of Britain.

So yeah, he's probably doing it in part to raise his profile a bit, but he's had enough success not to be forgotten anytime soon. And he has more personality than the other 4 combined! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dudess wrote: »
    Robbie once had a very successful solo career and happily spewed venom about his former group Take That, especially Gary. Then Robbie's career went down the toilet, while the That reformed and became mega-sellers again, while Robbie slipped further and further off the radar.

Then Robbie rejoined Take That. The end

'nightynight! :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a244929/take-that-to-earn-millions-from-reunion.html
    Take That will reportedly earn £75 million following Robbie Williams's return to the group.

Williams, who left the band in 1995, confirmed yesterday that he will rejoin them for an album and arena tour.

According to The Sun, each member of Take That stands to make £15 million from the deal, including record sales, royalties, endorsements and concert tickets.

A source told the newspaper: "Robbie has some commitments with Live Nation and a couple of appearances with Gary for the new single lined up.

"But after that, Take That's creative tour team will be working on the biggest show they have ever put on. Kim Gavin, who has worked with Take That on all their spectacular tours, is already briefed and ready to start coming up with amazing ideas."

Yesterday, Williams unveiled the tracklist and artwork for his retrospective LP In And Out Of Conciousness - The Greatest Hits 1990-2010.

The album will feature a duet with Take That frontman Gary Barlow, called 'Shame'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

lol jk I don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Brendog wrote: »

lol jk I don't care

If you weren't the number one fan, you wouldn't have gone to all that trouble with all those OMGs, so quit pretending that you don't care.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I wonder will he finally reveal the truth? The truth that everyone knows, and everyone will be so 'shocked' when he reveals it..........

Sure isnt there one in every boyband.

MJ23 wrote: »
    I wonder will he finally reveal the truth? The truth that everyone knows, and everyone will be so 'shocked' when he reveals it..........

Sure isnt there one in every boyband.

Isnt Jason Orange bisexual?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Careful now..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Dudess wrote: »

Then Robbie rejoined Take That.

I think Gary is having the last laugh, like I always knew he would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I read in The Mirror yesterday that the live tour will consist of Robbie opening the show with his own material, then Take That as a 4 piece, then Robbie joins them on stage for the final few songs.

I also read that this is only a one year deal.

So basically, Robbie is only using TT as one last hope to keep his career from going into the abyss. Should it be successful for him, he'll just **** off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

Now their Gheyness is complete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

HATE the man.... "oh I'm depressed. I've got million in the bank, and any woman I want, but still .. poor me". :(

I hope they just let him back in the band so that they can fire his "fat dancer" ass again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ...he'll just **** off again.
    Wish he would; permanently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Shelga wrote: »
    I think people forget how phenomenonally successful Robbie has been in his own right. He has sold 55 MILLION albums worldwide; none of the others will ever have a solo career anywhere near that level. They've sold maybe 5 million albums in the last 5 years, whereas Robbie Williams is one of the most popular solo artists to come out of Britain.

So yeah, he's probably doing it in part to raise his profile a bit, but he's had enough success not to be forgotten anytime soon. And he has more personality than the other 4 combined! :pac:

+1
    If Robbie wanted to do he could do a sell-out tour of the UK+Ireland easily. I dont think this is about him making a comeback.
    I think he genuinely wants to go on tour with the guys

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

HATE the man.... "oh I'm depressed. I've got million in the bank, and any woman I want, but still .. poor me". :(

I hope they just let him back in the band so that they can fire his "fat dancer" ass again..

Amen to that brother,I just cannot stand this chancer,can't stand his stupid smug face.
    Just do the right thing,realise that people are no longer interested in you and the sh*te "music" you make,just go away and spend the money you've somehow managed to make,leave us alone,and while you're at it,take the other four with you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

robbie-williams-1.jpg

A face i would never tire of punching.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

Degsy wrote: »
    robbie-williams-1.jpg

A face i would never tire of punching.

Ah here Degsy,how can you say that about Robbie Williams.

Oh hang on,I thought you meant the Robbie Williams who isn't a smug,arrogant,talentless chancer who bragged about the size of the record deal he signed a few years ago.......

This fella,yeah,I could punch all day,only to stop for toilet breaks ..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Shelga wrote: »

The only reason that gobdaw was successful was he had a great songwriting partner in Guy Chambers and then shat on the guggies by trying to lock him into an exclusive deal. Bet Chambers is glad he told him where to get off now.

Will he fill Slane again? noooooo.
    Will he fill Knebworth again? noooooo.
    Only if he slithers back to Take That - the band he vilified for feckin years.

I'm only sorry Gary Barlow is such a soft touch.

washiskin wrote: »
    The only reason that gobdaw was successful was he had a great songwriting partner in Guy Chambers and then shat on the guggies by trying to lock him into an exclusive deal. Bet Chambers is glad he told him where to get off now.

Will he fill Slane again? noooooo.
    Will he fill Knebworth again? noooooo.
    Only if he slithers back to Take That - the band he vilified for feckin years.

I'm only sorry Gary Barlow is such a soft touch.

Well not really, although have to say during the late 90's he was very dignified despite all that happened,(how he remained so dignified I'll never know) also you have to remember that before Take That reformed Gary was doing very nicely having secured a writing contract with Sony and writing and working for other artists after moving to the States where he didn't have all the negative press.

Obviously since the hugely successful reform with Take That, Gary has gone from strength to strength in the music industry with Take That really being just a side project,(this is Take Thats last contracted album) he is a hugely sought after songwriter, has been given his own record label (Future Records) has successfully launched the classical singer Camilla Kerslake.

Williams who is releasing his greatest hits album later this year, it will be a big seller especially with him getting back with Take That, and who has written a couple of tracks on his album, yes thats right Gary Barlow ;) one track which will be released as a single, more royalties for Gary ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 butterflykiss

I think its good for Robbie cos he's been off the scene for a while but its not good for TT, they're an established foursome now and have been sucessfull like that for a couple of years. They don't need Robbie but Robbie needs them :rolleyes: Still like him though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 robbiettmark

Dead excited!!!! The next concert is going to be amazing with Robbie back!!! Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

washiskin wrote: »
    The only reason that gobdaw was successful was he had a great songwriting partner in Guy Chambers

And dont forget Ray Heffernan..

It was Angels that pretty much saved his solo career. If Robbie was a decent bloke he would have fired Ray a few quid when the song became such a huge success or at least brought him on tour as his guitarist (as a token gesture). ..

absolute pr1ck. Can believe Barlow let him back in to the band after all the derogatory remarks he made about them when he left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Moi!

Personally I don't like Robbie one bit, but from a showbiz level, the five of them together performing-its just going to be amazing! They are magical! Without doubt, I'm getting a ticket for Croke Park *fingers crossed!*

Yea..I find it hard to believe that all is forgiven just like that. Robbie was beyond horrible to Gary, and you have to admire Gary for not saying one bad word about Rob to the press. He kept his mouth shut. Gary is a top class guy.
    But to forgive him and let him back into the band, it must be more about ambition (making the band even bigger!) and giving it back to the fans, as I can't imagine Gary would want Robbie back for any other reason.

Read somewhere today also that Take That are going to try and break America. Not a good idea in my eyes....they would be risking a lot to try and make it big when they have all the fans they need in Uk and Ireland.
    But I doubt its about money, they seem like they have enough, probably motivated by egos and ambition..

And egos... They are the biggest boyband ever and they obviously know it, so can you imagine them five egos in a room discussing whatever they need to decide..like who gets lead on that song? etc.

I really hope it works as Im a huge Take That fan and would be gutted if they broke up again, after egos come crashing.
    But I have hope, because these guys (well Gary Barlow anyway..! :p) are extreemly clever and they know how the industry works so maybe there is a possibility that this will work perfectly and be beyond brillianTT! ;)

Moi! wrote: »
    Personally I don't like Robbie one bit, but from a showbiz level, the five of them together performing-its just going to be amazing! They are magical! Without doubt, I'm getting a ticket for Croke Park *fingers crossed!*

Yea..I find it hard to believe that all is forgiven just like that. Robbie was beyond horrible to Gary, and you have to admire Gary for not saying one bad word about Rob to the press. He kept his mouth shut. Gary is a top class guy.
    But to forgive him and let him back into the band, it must be more about ambition (making the band even bigger!) and giving it back to the fans, as I can't imagine Gary would want Robbie back for any other reason.

Read somewhere today also that Take That are going to try and break America. Not a good idea in my eyes....they would be risking a lot to try and make it big when they have all the fans they need in Uk and Ireland.
    But I doubt its about money, they seem like they have enough, probably motivated by egos and ambition..

And egos... They are the biggest boyband ever and they obviously know it, so can you imagine them five egos in a room discussing whatever they need to decide..like who gets lead on that song? etc.

I really hope it works as Im a huge Take That fan and would be gutted if they broke up again, after egos come crashing.
    But I have hope, because these guys (well Gary Barlow anyway..! :p) are extreemly clever and they know how the industry works so maybe there is a possibility that this will work perfectly and be beyond brillianTT! ;)

Please don't refer to them as a boyband, the fact that they have multiple Ivor Novello winner Gary Barlow saves them from that title imo ;)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Please don't refer to them as a boyband, the fact that they have multiple Ivor Novello winner Gary Barlow saves them from that title imo ;)

Um..ok..what else would u call them?? and please do not say manband...

Um..ok..what else would u call them?? and please do not say manband...

Good God no!!! they are a group end of imo, yes some of the fans do not help the credibility of the group some times imo, I really cringe when I hear some of the fans interviewed, please please please talk about the music not how fit they are :mad::mad: in Gary Barlow they have an excellent songwriter who sure can write a melody and its great to see him finally get the credit he deserves.

• Advertisement

Good God no!!! they are a group end of imo, yes some of the fans do not help the credibility of the group some times imo, I really cringe when I hear some of the fans interviewed, please please please talk about the music not how fit they are :mad::mad: in Gary Barlow they have an excellent songwriter who sure can write a melody and its great to see him finally get the credit he deserves.

I totally agree about Gary. He is such an amazing songwriter and he is just a pure genius. I admire Take That for their music more than anything else but you can't blame the poor fans who like who like the look of them!! :P

I totally agree about Gary. He is such an amazing songwriter and he is just a pure genius. I admire Take That for their music more than anything else but you can't blame the poor fans who like who like the look of them!! :P

Oh I do, now Mrs Barlow on the other hand,now thats a different story :p as a male fan I will be hoping they bring her on tour as one of the dancers again :p

Oh I do, now Mrs Barlow on the other hand,now thats a different story :p as a male fan I will be hoping they bring her on tour as one of the dancers again :p

Omg, a male Take That fan. Im intrigied...:p

Yea..she is some stunner. They are just so cute together. Do u think she will even be on the next tour? Wasn't she pregnant for The Circus? She's nearly forty so is she still even dancing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

0001fd2710dr.jpg
    Not bad at all. Er, his missus, that is!

blueser wrote: »
    0001fd2710dr.jpg
    Not bad at all. Er, his missus, that is!

God she is even better looking then I remember.

• Advertisement

Omg, a male Take That fan. Im intrigied...:p

Have been a huge Gary Barlow fan for years, loved his solo albums, hence my username :p and really loved the stuff he has written for other artists also.

http://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/uk/43709/coke.bp?ref_w=frontdoors&.ysid=XLuUpUnuKeKLxjLIsEkpTVpR&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb

It appears that Robbie Williams really is set to quit Take That once again after he confirms plans for a solo tour.

He let slip news of his departure on his official website following a question from a fan asking what he wanted to say to critics of his solo performances during the Take That live shows.

"I must say I am aware that there is a perception in certain quarters and I'm enjoying throwing that perception down people's throats when I jump through the wall in L.M.E.Y (Let Me Entertain You)...I've never felt more on my game ..and it's thanks in part to the nay sayers....they have put a fire in my belly and in turn a smile on my face," (sic) he wrote on his blog.

[See also: Robbie Williams injects testosterone to ‘boost sex drive']

"I'm blessed to have them... and when the tickets go on sale for my next tour I think we'll see what 'dwindling' looks like ;)" (sic).

The group has recently been reunited with Williams after he famously fell out with band mate Gary Barlow at the peak of their fame almost 15 years ago.

The news that Take That were back with their original line-up sparked unprecedented demand for tickets to their huge UK tour and their latest album as a five-piece, ‘Progress', was the biggest-selling album of last year in the UK.

However, the 37 year-old singer has been getting a lot of stick for his 40 minute solo sections during the live shows.

One fan, gercia82, wrote on YouTube that Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald were "better" without the singer while another user wrote: "OMG.. Robbie's performance was terrifying"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/uk/43709/coke.bp?ref_w=frontdoors&.ysid=XLuUpUnuKeKLxjLIsEkpTVpR&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb

It appears that Robbie Williams really is set to quit Take That once again after he confirms plans for a solo tour.

He let slip news of his departure on his official website following a question from a fan asking what he wanted to say to critics of his solo performances during the Take That live shows.

"I must say I am aware that there is a perception in certain quarters and I'm enjoying throwing that perception down people's throats when I jump through the wall in L.M.E.Y (Let Me Entertain You)...I've never felt more on my game ..and it's thanks in part to the nay sayers....they have put a fire in my belly and in turn a smile on my face," (sic) he wrote on his blog.

[See also: Robbie Williams injects testosterone to ‘boost sex drive']

"I'm blessed to have them... and when the tickets go on sale for my next tour I think we'll see what 'dwindling' looks like ;)" (sic).

The group has recently been reunited with Williams after he famously fell out with band mate Gary Barlow at the peak of their fame almost 15 years ago.

The news that Take That were back with their original line-up sparked unprecedented demand for tickets to their huge UK tour and their latest album as a five-piece, ‘Progress', was the biggest-selling album of last year in the UK.

However, the 37 year-old singer has been getting a lot of stick for his 40 minute solo sections during the live shows.

One fan, gercia82, wrote on YouTube that Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald were "better" without the singer while another user wrote: "OMG.. Robbie's performance was terrifying"

Don't always believe the press.

Just because Robbie is making a new solo album and planning a tour DOES NOT confirm he is leaving Take That.

He could always do what Ronan Keating is doing with Boyzone by dividing his time between that and his solo career.

I'm just wondering if all the touring, both with Take That on his own will be too much for Robbie or not.

Perhaps if he only tours during the summer because Rob doesn't like playing gigs away from home (England) for longer than half a year. It almot caused him a mental breakdown on the Up Close And Personal Tour.

Advertisement