Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Upping Prices on Special Offers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

maringo wrote: »
    Hardly likely a shopper will stack 40 packs of higher priced items in the offer spot - its simply sharp practice designed to fool the customer - as an eagle-eyed shopper i've come across it too many times for it to be accidental - seems to have taken hold during the Celtic Tiger when supposedly we all had money to burn! And its not confined to any particular supermarket.

If this is the case report it. It's illegal......very illegal!

If the product packed above a price is the wrong item then it is illegal. Of course mistakes do happen and a small percentage would be expected but say more than 15 items out of 200,000 items would be illegal in my eyes. ( I don't know what the actual threshold is)

Where I work we do an hourly check of the special offer section to make sure no items are left there. The usual is 4 value brand items left there because the branded one is cheaper on offer. SO we move them immediatly.

Advertisement