Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Fried - Can I Use my credit online somehow to send a text?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 4:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

my phone got drenched at oxegen last weekend and I have to wait till i get paid next week before i can buy a new one. But I have about €10 credit on it at the moment. Does any one know of a way I can use that credit to be able to send texts online (I know about web texts, I need to send an international text)

I'm with meteor BTW

Thanks,
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

dannym08 wrote: »
    Hi,

my phone got drenched at oxegen last weekend and I have to wait till i get paid next week before i can buy a new one. But I have about €10 credit on it at the moment. Does any one know of a way I can use that credit to be able to send texts online (I know about web texts, I need to send an international text)

I'm with meteor BTW

Thanks,
    Dan
    Is the sim damaged?

Can you not go into Meteor shop and they will give you a new sim? All your numbers will be gone but you will still have the credit?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Is the sim damaged?

Can you not go into Meteor shop and they will give you a new sim? All your numbers will be gone but you will still have the credit?

no no the sim is fine, its just that all my family is on o2 so i cant use my sim in their phone. And my phone is not even turning on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

dannym08 wrote: »
    no no the sim is fine, its just that all my family is on o2 so i cant use my sim in their phone. And my phone is not even turning on.

Take the battery out and leave it in the hot press for about a week, it might come back to life again.

I was gonna buy a new one anyway, have my eye on one of those HTC beauties. But thats not really what I was asking.

Does anyone know a way I can send International Webtexts, using the credit on my phone. I have never heard of a way to do this and was just wondering if it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thanks didn't think so, just making sure. sound

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Chargeable call or send a text from the phone every 6 months is correct for o2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

o2 will send you a new sim free of charge: http://sim1.o2online-media.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I got one of the free O2 sim cards (with 50p credit on it) almost 2 years ago - ordered it online. Still have 10c left from that original 50c and I'm still good to go on the free webtexts :D. I keep it in an old unlocked phone so I can get replies.
    At the time I got it, Vodafone didn't have the international webtexts and I was keeping in touch with a relative in Australia. Best ever value for money I didn't spend.

Advertisement