Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime & Manga Battle Royale Tournament

Options
  • 15-07-2010 4:18pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So here we go. 64 contestants, there can only be one winner! Who will the boardsies declare as the most powerful character in Anime & Manga? You decide!

The winner of battle 1 will play the winner of battle 2 and so forth in that fashion

First battle:
    33. Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon)
    Sailor%20Saturn%20Main.jpg
    vs

19. Death the Kid
    vlcsnap-178849.png

First to five votes wins the battle, or highest tally after 24 hours!. Show your enthusiasm by declaring how they'll win too :pac:

Commence battle!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sailor Saturn by attacking in a non harmonized faction causing Death's kid to go into a fit forcing his guns to comfort him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nody wrote: »
    Sailor Saturn by attacking in a non harmonized faction causing Death's kid to go into a fit forcing his guns to comfort him.

That unsymmetrical mummy in soul eater got that fit turned into uncontrolled rage against him. kid is available in HD so his attacks are up to 4x the power. Guns beat magical girl.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Off to an early start, 1-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Just looked up Sailor Saturn and she can destroy bloody planets.. when did that series get so violent?!

planet destruction > guns

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Just looked up Sailor Saturn and she can destroy bloody planets.. when did that series get so violent?!

He's a Grim Reaper (Death it self), Death is even in his name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Art_Wolf wrote: »

Yup, Sailor Saturn is the guardian of the Saturn, the planet of silence - she is the soldier of death and rebirth.

I'm pretty sure she could take on Death the Kid with her Silence Glaive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2-1 sailor saturn, Hotaru are you in favour of SS too?

2-1 sailor saturn, Hotaru are you in favour of SS too?

I am surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Well, if it was Death the adult, I'd reconsider.

But it's not, SS wins

It might help for the votes, if you thanked the post that you agree with.

So if you incorrectly wanted to vote for sailor saturn, have a post saying just "sailor saturn" and people thank it then post their own opinion of the outcome. there would be no need to clarify who someone is voting for then like with Hotaru.

4-1, i hate being a minority. Would it be suspicious if a lot of votes came from people who registered today?

• Advertisement

Sailor Saturn taking a commanding lead! Death the Kid is falling to his knees!

also lol, yeah i see varik2, varik2010 and supervarik are taken now :P

Sailor Saturn taking a commanding lead! Death the Kid is falling to his knees!

also lol, yeah i see varik2, varik2010 and supervarik are taken now :P

You forgot Varik-sama & Varik-dono

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

oh wow,I totally don't know where you got this idea from >.> <.<

as has been said,Sailor saturn has the power of an entire planet on her side

like Ho-ster said,she's the warrior of death AND rebirth,he is only a part of the death concept

Which brings it to 5-1 I think.

@Varik,this has been done in other places on the forum,it tends to clarify the point for both sides if you give some reasoning behind,it might remind someone else of an ablity they forgot or a flaw they may have overlooked.Just my 2c

Yep, that's it! Sailor Saturn annihilates Death the Kid 5-1! Next battle coming up...

Next round:
    23. Celty (Durarara!!)
    vlcsnap-2010-03-28-22h56m04s247-460x258.jpg

vs

60. Atori (Noein)
    Noein_Atori.jpg
    This'll be a close one :pac: First to 5 and or 24 hours blablabla!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Both self healing, both have nice attacks.

Celty is afraid of a policeman though. Atori loses his memory. Gah, they're both wimpy, but I'm gonna go for lightning man

Atori 1:0

EDIT: Though Celty obviously wins on hotness. (ty for reminer on the re-dress, varik :P)

She is a Dullahan from Ireland, they ride a headless horse, and fling blood upon any people who appear in their path or gaze upon them. When the dullahan stops riding, it is where a person is due to die. The dullahan calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish. She is also capable of manipulating a shadow-like, durable substance to form objects ranging from gloves to chariots at her will. it was show she can't die but only feels pain and she can overcome. she can't die he did.

Also durarara24a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

gonna go for Atori too, not sure what exactly would kill Celty but Atori's powers sound like they're on a different level to what we've seen Celty be capable of

2-1 to Atori so far

I'm going for Atori too, similiar reasons to Funky.

3:1 to Atori

• Advertisement

Just five hours remain for voting or Atori gets the nod.

FYI, I havent been voting as I see it unfit as I've organised it, just in case anyones wondering :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Celty *cannot* die.

Also, I'd be afraid of that Policeman too. He was scary.

Celty *cannot* die.

Also, I'd be afraid of that Policeman too. He was scary.

Someone shares my opinion :D

Atori wins 3:2 after the 24 hour period! Next battle coming up

Battle 3!
    55. Lain Iwakura (Serial Experiments Lain)
    lain-omni.jpg

vs

35. Asuka & Unit 02 (Evangelion)
    0asuka216.jpg
    Get voting now! :D

Asuka :D I've never actually watched Serial Experiments Lain so my vote may be a bit biased... but come on, it's Asuka! And Unit 02! Powah <3

1:0 to Asuka.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so much anime I want to watch due to this thread, well like 3
    /googles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Asuka given that unit two does have that whole being awesome thing going on when she fights the MP EVA's

2-0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Third one for Asuka; it is all well to try to become virtual etc. but that will not kill your opponent!

3 - 0

• Advertisement

Going for Asuka as she is very knowledgeable, especially about thermal expansion. I also want to get on to the next round, and seriously Unit 02 ftw.

4-0

Advertisement