Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

120 C-41 Processing for only €3.50 a roll

• 15-07-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Thanks to Humberklog, there is a great deal going in Unicare Pharmacy Fuji Lab. Artane Castle Shopping Centre on Dublin’s northside. with 35mm C-41 processing.

5 rolls of 35mm onto CD for €15.

Well there is more news. We tried 120 roll film and as a result of success, John ( The Main Man) can now offer 120 processed in C-41 for €3.50 a roll. And I am sure if you had a bulk order he would negotiate.

This is the cheapest I know of by a long chalk.

He is also going to figure out how to get the 120 carrier into his scanner and soon will offer Dev & CD for 120 ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Good stuff ! now if you could only persuade him to start doing an E6 line as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Right so, off to Artane I am so. I just happen to have 7 rolls of 35 and 2 rolls of 120 waiting to be done... score!

Thanks for the tip-off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how much do gunns charge for 120 C41 processing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I remember paying nearly 30euro a roll in Conns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Dunno but place on Abbey Street want €6 a roll for dev only ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Good stuff ! now if you could only persuade him to start doing an E6 line as well :D

You never know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

gunns are €4.50 a roll b&w; their C41 processing may be more automated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Last time I got C41 120 in gunns it was about €14 for dev + CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think it's €3.50/€4 for the dev in Gunn's, depending on film, and the price for scanning changes as you go higher in resolution. If I remember correctly, the tenner scanning usually gives you 11MB scans, which isn't half bad, considering most places will just give you scans that are about a MB each.

John Gunn told me today that the highest they can scan is 300dpi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

OFF TOPIC: I have a load of unicare 35mm film if anybody wants some. The unicare in naas just wanted rid of it,out of date since june last year.

I think he may have gotten it wrong there.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think he may have gotten it wrong there.
    Yeah, but he was the only one in the shop at the time. He sent me to some other place on lennox street. I was in a bit of a rush. After not getting a pass at oxegen a shot I took on a T4 came out pretty nice and a mag in the UK wanted it. Fell through in the end though as they went with something else.

stabo wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC: I have a load of unicare 35mm film if anybody wants some. The unicare in naas just wanted rid of it,out of date since june last year.

I'm all out and would love some if that's cool. Where are you based? I can travel and pick it up.

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, but he was the only one in the shop at the time. He sent me to some other place on lennox street. I was in a bit of a rush. After not getting a pass at oxegen a shot I took on a T4 came out pretty nice and a mag in the UK wanted it. Fell through in the end though as they went with something else.

Those T4's are great.

Just checked some older photos I got dev/scanned in Gunn's, they've been resized for Flickr, but resolution was still higher than a 300dpi scan from 35mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

I'm all out and would love some if that's cool. Where are you based? I can travel and pick it up.
    No probs. Im in Lucan village. Will pm you my no.

stabo wrote: »
    No probs. Im in Lucan village. Will pm you my no.
    Cool. I'll give you a shout tomorrow if that's alright. Thanks.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Those T4's are great.

Just checked some older photos I got dev/scanned in Gunn's, they've been resized for Flickr, but resolution was still higher than a 300dpi scan from 35mm.
    Yeah, I've gotten stuff higher than 300 from them before myself. The T4 is great, had a friend pick me up one in Japan pretty cheap. Was in good condition but I've dropped it a few times since. It's one of my favourite cameras as it's easy to bring on a night out. Going to get an Epson V700 in september so hopefully I can do all my own scanning from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

They probably don't mean 300dpi @35mm negative size. A Fuji Frontier will scan everything at 303dpi (not actually 300.. it's 303 because that's higher than what the average human eye can distinguish at 1 foot from the face... viewing distance for photos.)

In any case.. those 303dpi scans are 303dpi at the print size.. so you can scan 303dpi @ 3.5x5", or 303dpi at 8x12", or 303dpi at 10x15" etc.. (generally 10x15" is the biggest scan a Frontier will do.) So.. 303dpi @10x15" is 3030 x 4545 pixels... a lot higher than 300dpi@35mm frame size. (I don't remember the actual size of a 35mm frame..and don't feel like measuring one on the scanner right now.) ;) but that's 757.5dpi @ 4x6" (or ~13.8 MP)
    Cool. I'll give you a shout tomorrow if that's alright. Thanks.

Yeah, I've gotten stuff higher than 300 from them before myself. The T4 is great, had a friend pick me up one in Japan pretty cheap. Was in good condition but I've dropped it a few times since. It's one of my favourite cameras as it's easy to bring on a night out. Going to get an Epson V700 in september so hopefully I can do all my own scanning from then on.

Heebie wrote: »
    a lot higher than 300dpi@35mm frame size. (I don't remember the actual size of a 35mm frame..and don't feel like measuring one on the scanner right now.)
    36 x 24mm, i think. so 300 DPI would give you a (roughly) 432 x 300 pixel scan, or a grand total of about 130,000 pixels. early 90s-tastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Depending on the scanner, 300 dpi but a much larger scan size can equate to 6000+ dpi at scale...

• Advertisement
Advertisement