Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning to work part time

• 15-07-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi.

I was made redundant in October and have been claiming the dole since then.

I've been offered a job which will be four days per week, beginning next week.

I have a number of questions.

1.I won't get paid until the end of the month, so can I continue to claim benefits until then, or do I have to sign off as soon as I start work?

2. I'm working 4 days per week so is there any way of claiming any benefit for the day I'm not working? I understand that job seekers benefit is paid for a 6 day working week.

I don't want to claim anything to which I'm not entitled, so I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 quibbles

Here's what you could do...

CLOSE your dole claim, you can do that online

https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/azindex.aspx

Find the name of your local office in the a-z menu, ie. if your office is Athlone, look under A, ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You need to sign off as soon as you have a job. Also, you can only claim jobseekers if you're working 3 days a week or less, so you won't be entitled to anything if you're working 4 days, unless you're working under 20 hours in total as far as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

1 = No. You can't continue to claim.
    2 = No. You can't claim for either day 5 or day 6.

Congrats on the job.

Advertisement