Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about eircom line stats data path

• 15-07-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

for the last while ive noticed that my data path was set to fast, today i log into my router and its now showing up as Interleave?

anyone know why this setting would just change by itself?

could the wet weather be doing this? as my line stats are diff too

Sn margin is now at a shocking low of 3dB!!! when its normally around the 6-8dB mark, now my line never drops a connection or anything like that, so im not really too worried about it, just wondering whats goin on with my stats

i am also normaly synced at above 15000 kbps and my line attenuation was 31.50 to start with when i first got upgraded to the so called "upto 24MB" service and now its showing up as 33.50, how can my line be getting longer as each day/week/month goes on?

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 14773 765
    SN Margin (dB) 3.00 15.70
    Line Attenuation (dB) 33.50 15.00
    CRC Errors 0 0

speed tests are a little better then normal now too, strange that, as i always thought the fast data path helped out with pings and speed

speedtest results are

Ping : 34ms
    Download Speed: 12658 kbps (1582.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 640 kbps (80 KB/sec transfer rate)

im using the netopia modem if it makes any difference, i find it works a lot better then the new black one they sent out

EDIT : thses are the stats with the black Zyxel one

DSL Mode: ADSL2+
    Speed: 14301 kbps /765 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 32 dB /17 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 5 dB /15 dB

speed test results are
    Ping : 37ms
    Download Speed: 11302 kbps (1412.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 650 kbps (81.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

anyone able to help?

Advertisement