Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resigning as moderator for FIFA/PES forum

Options
  • 15-07-2010 6:04pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm stepping down as moderator of the forum. I'd like to thank everyone that has posted here in the last few years which was the main reason that we now have such a fantastic place to meet.

Sadly, I have lost alot of the passion I had for this franchise. As the person that created the boards league for FIFA, I felt we needed a competition where we could play games against like-minded people who wouldn't foul and quit when losing. However, I feel that EA dropped the ball with FIFA 10 and it was just too easy to abuse strategies and formations. Added to the fact that constant fouling and quitting ruined ranked play, I will go so far as to say I hated FIFA 10.

However, thanks to Moon and Axwell, the league is still going strong. They really have brought things to a completely new level and I am completely confident that the forum will keep on growing in their capable hands.

It waswas brought to the attention of the cmods that I wasn't as active as I once was, and I realised today that not only was this right, but it was preventing the community for growing even more. With that in mind, I feel that the community would be better served with an injection some fresh blood!

I have been keeping a close eye on the PES and PS3 posts recently and I do hope that someone from this section of boardsies will step up and fill my spot. Having 3 FIFA XBOX mods will do the community no favours and Axwell and Moon certainly still have the passion for this game!

I'm not sure if I'll be playing FIFA or PES next year, but I'm sure I'll bump into ye playing COD/SF4 etc in the meantime!

FG

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im sure you will be on Fifa at some stage when it comes out! Think ill stay clear of you if I ever get SF4, you play it a lot and I fear you would kick my ass lol! Thanks for all the work you put into the league etc in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Sorry to hear that you are resigning Futureguy - even though you are an Xbox head!! :p

Thanks for all the work you done over the years - you have made a major contribution to this forum and I hope you can continue to do so in the future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Shame, you done a good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

shame to hear your going FG, hopefully you will enjoy Fifa 11.

As a suggestion only, maybe if FG is replaced by a PS3 Fifa mod, i reckon the ps3 community has room to grow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This thread was locked by Axwell because someone began nominating themselves for mod. I'm reopening this thread with a warning that no further nominations or self-nominations are to be made. Futureguy thank you for your hard work and commitment to the forum while you were playing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Great, you kicked my ass in SF4 when still distracted by FIFA 10...I'm doomed now! :)

🤪

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont be a stranger FG, thanks for all the hard work. I think it shows in how much attention we're getting for the launch of 11.

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FG, best of luck in your future ventures on boards, you done a great job setting up the league at the beginning it's a shame fifa 10 didn't keep you interested, maybe we'll see you back in the leagues for 11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah big thanks Futureguy for getting all this started. Its THE main reason I play Fifa and will go out and get 11 when thats released too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

fair play futureguy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dont let the door hit you...... ;) good work mate

Advertisement