Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCARIEST GAMES EVER MADE

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Manhunt 1 was quite scarey in parts, esp in the sneaking missions,

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Def has to be resi 2 with Leon's alt story where the 1st version nemesis is slowly chasing you through nearly every location! Never forget playing that and you get the magnum super early and feel like an utter badass for it..... 10 mins later a chopper drops the nemesis through the police station roof.... still feeling like a badass you unload on him nearly depleating all your ammo and have to leg it!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: You go from swinging big nuts to bricking it in about 2 seconds turn around. fantastic.

The first time you encounter a licker was also another one of those moments!

Who could forget that cut scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That cut scene, acting and effects were better than the resi movie!

I was thinking of getting resi 1 on the Wii (i think its the gamecube version). Anyone play that? worth getting? Id love to play through resi 2 again as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That cut scene, acting and effects were better than the resi movie!

I was thinking of getting resi 1 on the Wii (i think its the gamecube version). Anyone play that? worth getting? Id love to play through resi 2 again as well!

It's quality!!!!! By the way I have a copy I'm looking to be rid of ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resi Darkside Chronicles for the wii is like 22 euro including the zapper. I might just have to make a purchase!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Dead space was my first game in the 'Scary' Genre. Because of nearly shítting myself several times, it didn't get boring. PLus doing it with just the plasma cutter first time probably didn't help. There's possibly worse out there, but that's all i've played. Granted i don't even watch horror movies i'm that much of a scardy pants :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Plus one on AvP. The second one on PC was never completed by myself as a Marine because after seeing what the Alien and Predator were capable of after having played as them I was in no humour to be scared s**tless!

Also, an odd one but, Duke Nukem 3D scared the hell out of me when I first played. Embarrassing to think it now when I see how funny it really was but when I was seven it was horrific!

Also Dead Rising scares me in another way, mainly because the notion of zombie apocalypse just chills, at times if I get surrounded in Dead Rising I just freak and quit the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Not the game itself....

But, the first time i hopped off me horsey in Red Dead Redemption to pick me some Red Sage, and that f'ckin cougar appeared outta nowhere with the RAAEEEWWRRR.

scared the bejsus outta me, jumped outta me seat.
    had the headphones on and it was like 2 in the mornin.

come to think of it, a month has passed and those cougars still give me a slight shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

The Suffering on the org Xbox. The noise of the those blades scraping and scurrying all around you.
    Those mannequins in Condemned were pretty freaky as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Did anyone ever play clocktower on the PS1? That scared me ****less, partly to do with how young i was playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

winston82 wrote: »
    /sits naked in the shower

As opposed to your usual fully clothed standing showers?:confused:

Scariest ever for me was definitely the first Silent Hill... A totally different type of psychological fear, one that I never expected to experience in a video game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Only those who correctly said Alien v Predator are right everyone else simply never played it. Jaysus, I can hear the scanner now!

Resi 1 was great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

gizmo wrote: »
    Thief 3 - The Shalebridge Cradle level.

This man speaks the truth. I'd reccomend this game for anyone who hasn't played it. Shalebridge cradle level is the only time where I really wanted to stop playing in case I shat myself.

IMO alot worse than condemned.

EDIT: Off to get buy this again, apparantly compatable on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

IN YOUR OPINION WHAT ARE THE SCARIEST GAMES OF ALL TIME? F.E.A.R. (Alma made me **** myself )

I used to scream like a girl when playing this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Clive Barkers: The Undying
    I doubt many have played it but man oh man that was a horror story! Set off the west coast of Ireland on a windswept peninsula or maybe an island. Either way it was terrifying at the time (2001 or 2002 I think).

Silent Hill 2 also was nerve wracking, especially when your radio starts going untuned and you know **** is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

D-Generate wrote: »
    Clive Barkers: The Undying
    I doubt many have played it but man oh man that was a horror story! Set off the west coast of Ireland on a windswept peninsula or maybe an island. Either way it was terrifying at the time (2001 or 2002 I think).
    ****ing loved that game. The Howlers were epic but the scene where you use Scrye on the family painting is, oddly enough, one of my fave moments in gaming ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I remember back in 99 i rented out Resident Evil 2 and Silent Hill.

This was the same night of the man utd euro cup final

I was 13 at the time. Turned the match off at 88 mins and went to play Resi Evil. Thought it was ok and not scary.

Went and put on silent hill. I had nightmares for ages. The static on the radio was scary as hell. The midgets in the school and the fog.

Next time that happened was about 3 years later discovered System Shock 2.

That was another game that had my nerves on the edge

recently it was Condemned and FEAR.

All very tense games that build up the fear and atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

A good few games have scared me out of playing them such as Dead Space..

First memory of jumping out of the chair was for a game on the Atari 130XE called Rescue on Fractulus.. Basically you had to fly around an alien planet and rescue stranded pilots, who would run to your ship when you landed nearby.. and every so often one would turn out to be an alien.

The first time that alien appeared I fell off the chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Call of Cthulhu, which is backwards compatable with the 360...... most underated survival horror ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Call of Cthulhu, which is backwards compatable with the 360...... most underated survival horror ever.

I have that as well, scary game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tombones

How about thief 3 deadly shadows. Class game, couple of scary bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Aliens on the C64
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&xl_blz_on=xl_blz_on&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=efolLO2zcpc

Aliens V Predator ORIGINAL one (PC)

Undying (PC)

Call of Cthulhu

DeadSpace

The Penumbra Series

Silent Hill

Close Tread../

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

mise wrote: »
    A good few games have scared me out of playing them such as Dead Space..

First memory of jumping out of the chair was for a game on the Atari 130XE called Rescue on Fractulus.. Basically you had to fly around an alien planet and rescue stranded pilots, who would run to your ship when you landed nearby.. and every so often one would turn out to be an alien.

The first time that alien appeared I fell off the chair.

thats a pixelated deathtrap, terrifying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Dead Space...late at night...surround sound up loud..bloody hell!!!! :eek:

honourable mention to condemned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Forbidden Siren 1 & 2: Two of the most terrifying games I've ever come across

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm agreeing with silent hill, very psychological and down right f*cked up. Pyramid head freaked me out

The most scary gaming experience I've had was Project Zero on Xbox. Haven't played it in 5 or 6 years, so not sure how it would stand up now.

Games like resi 5 and Dead Space didn't actually 'scare' me at all tbh, don't get me wrong I loved them but they didn't get under my skin or freak me out the way project zero did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Silent Hill II is still the scariest game I've ever played. Still makes me shiver nowadays, so it hasn't lost any of it's charm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Keanosmagic

ah has to be the first resident evil on ps1........nearly soiled myself exploring that house never knowing what was around corner or when something would burst through a window

Advertisement