Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCARIEST GAMES EVER MADE

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Trekmad wrote: »
    Doom3 on the xbox scared the bejesus out of me. Stuck in a pitch dark level with a sh*ty flash light and you don't know what's going to pop up in front of you next.

Alone in the house
    Lights off
    Doom 3

Think I lasted a good 20 minutes before I turned it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

apart from resi 1 and dead space, haunting ground(or demento as it is also known) on the ps2 was scary. i remeber where this big monster keeps running after you, was scary sxxx! also final doom on ps1, late at night with lights off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Actually the new Silent Hill on the Wii is pretty scary. Not too many jumpy moments, but the tone and atmosphere can be very unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Irish Fox

dead space or alien vs predator their really scary games.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

Minecraft Hard Difficulty Alone in the dark nothing in your inventory nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Resi Evil Remake on the Gamecube, Crimson Heads, many a time the controller went flying when one of them popped up.

System Shock 2 : those damn spiders and trying to open fire and your gun breaks.

Call Of Cthulu: The fight on the boat as you approach the reef and the race from the hotel with no weapons.

Silent Hill 2: The one bit that really got me when you go into that lift that requires you to leave most of your inventory behind and as it goes down, it starts to fill with water. I was bricking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Got Resident Evil 1 for PSX back in 1996 the scariest part was when Jill/Chris started walking through that long corridor (bottom right of the mansion) and demon hounds from hell come crashing through the windows to tear you apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was on Zavi last night and was looking at Kinect games to see what else is on it worth buying and there is a horror game coming out on March 25th. Hope it's good.

Last good horror game I played was Condemned 1. Fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Why is this in Xbox and not in Games?

Anyways, the original Resident Evil had so much atmosphere. Was the perfect mix of scary enemy\finite ammo (unless you had the directors cut and did the cheat for double pick ups. I know you did! ^_^)

That's why I was hesistant to pick up the newer ones (4 and still haven't played 5!). Four was good but at times it felt like a third person Space Invaders ('oh more enemies to clear in this area <pew pew pew>.....ok').

For sheer terror and pant-wetting moments I'm going to have to go for the FEAR games. Just completed the second there and there were a few times I jumped a mile. Feckin' Alma. They borrowed the best bits from the Grudge\Ring movies (the originals not the terrible remakes).

Dead Space is steeped with atmosphere but the scares are cheap. So you feel like a bit of an eejit when you do get a shock. Although a few are amazingly done. I don't like the 'stuff-falling-at-you-when-you-open-a-door' bits. But when you're walking along, hear something and then see a can roll across the floor in front of you..........that's when I have to pause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The most scary gaming experience I've had was Project Zero on Xbox. Haven't played it in 5 or 6 years, so not sure how it would stand up now.

Games like resi 5 and Dead Space didn't actually 'scare' me at all tbh, don't get me wrong I loved them but they didn't get under my skin or freak me out the way project zero did.

very scary game, there is one part, (i think its just before you are either facing a ghost in a kimono or are in a room woth a kimono, or something like that..) anyway you open a door, and this image of a ghost just flashes up in the doorway. Nearly put the pad through the tv.

Clockwork tower 3 (i think..) for the ps2. When the guy with the sledgehammer is chasing you around all over the level. He'd disappear for a while and then come crashing back in the door.

And finally, as someone mentioned on here, Clive Barkers Undying. I actually located that and gave it a play through recently enough. What a game. The bit towards the end when the woman is in the mirror. Great game.(not to mention the alsolutely awesome cheats, conjuring up donkeys never got old)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

IN YOUR OPINION WHAT ARE THE SCARIEST GAMES OF ALL TIME?

I'll start things off, in no particular order

Resident Evil (PS)
    Silent Hill (All of them, especially SH4: The Room)
    Dead Space
    Left 4 dead
    Left 4 dead 2
    Alien Resurrection (PS)
    F.E.A.R. (Alma made me **** myself on numerous occasions)
    F.E.A.R. 2 (Alma continued to have an influence on my ****ting regime)
    Doom
    Quake (N64)
    Clive Barker's Jericho
    Alan Wake
    Realms Of The Haunting (PC)
    The Thing
    Yep! said game was a nightmare!
    just couldnt finish it.
    Also gears of war on the xbox was the same at the start too, but i got really into it in the end.
    and finally, world cup 2002 on the ps2 was the scariest of all. schurr twas that bad a game wasnt it?:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

You forgot a VERY scary PC game... Amnesia Dark Descent.
    You will crap your pants garanteed :D

Oh and Parasite Eve 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

justryan wrote: »
    Oh and Parasite Eve 2

Dam evil game (Down the bottom :P )

148190.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Have to agree with the fatal frame / project zero series.

Tried playing them a month ago at night with surround sound. I had to sleep with the lights on for two days.

It's the one series I thought would translate really well on the wii so I looked it up and found fatal frame 4 is on wii but it's a Japanese only release. Gutted.

Other then that the original Condemned has a few jumps.
    Skinned man in the locker, anyone?

Have to agree with the fatal frame / project zero series.

Tried playing them a month ago at night with surround sound. I had to sleep with the lights on for two days.

It's the one series I thought would translate really well on the wii so I looked it up and found fatal frame 4 is on wii but it's a Japanese only release. Gutted.

Other then that the original Condemned has a few jumps.
    Skinned man in the locker, anyone?

I'm pretty sure there's a mod for the wii that unlocks the region so you can play Europe and Japanese releases

Advertisement