Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID a plant please

Options
  • 15-07-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

2rrwg1x.jpg

Highly scented and hardy ,I've had it for about 3 years now ,even survived the frost last year no problem oh and I took cuttings from it in early summer which are triveing if that helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think its Phygelius, Cape Fuschia.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Thanks but I don't think so , no mention of scent from what I have read about the cape fusia , my plant has a very powerful scent , the fusia also seems to be tender in Ireland , my plant outlived the last winter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Is it herbacious, looks like some kind of nepta/mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

has the very same leaves as my nepta/ mint, and has a huge cent, a fab plant, will give you plenty flowers and scent

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

You could be right , it is herbacious but doesn't have the spreading habit of a mint

• Advertisement
Advertisement