Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western union

Options
  • 15-07-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I need to send some money to a friend in the Ukraine (not a lotto winner or anything :) )

I tried to Paypal her, but Paypal do not pay out to Ukranian bank accounts. This pissed me of, so i said id Western union her the money instead. So when i went to Western Union the money online, it rejected my transaction (after making me ring a Premium phone number and holding for ages).

So anyone got any idea on how i can send the money to her? Its just 80euros.

Another thing to note is the crazy fees WU charge...13.80 for a transaction plus a terrible exchange rate...crazy fees!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you could go into a local shop or post office that does western union and do it in person? have you looked at your options of transferring direct to her bank account from yours?

Advertisement