Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

tis our own fault lads,

ya pay peanuts you get monkeys !

cancelling tomo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

nuttlys wrote: »
    Ok checked just for you - I turned off Data Roaming, death gripped the phone and after just over 6 minutes 3G service automatically came back on - which I'm pretty sure was about the same time it took my old Sony Ericsson to reconnect to 3G after switching to the 2G backup.

I sound like i'm being paid by three here but I'm not. I'm just happy with the service, price and bundle amounts and want to bring a balance to this thread.

+1 Moved from o2 and so far very happy with 3, I am getting 3g where o2 didn't have.
    I know 3g/2g airplane switch is a pain some time but i am sure i can live with that with the value of money i am getting with 3.

Few simple steps:
    1) In the carriers set it to automatic.
    2) if you loose 3g then it should be back to 3g in less than 5 mins, if you can't wait for that long.
    3) try Airplane mode On/Off.
    4) Or simply select the 3g carrier from list and set it back to automatic.

I know you don't have to do all this but really is it a pain if you have to do it once a day? I have only done it twice since bought the ph last friday.

I will happily take this little pain anyday over the extra mins and add-on i am getting and in fairness we all knew about 3g coverage before we signed up contracts anyway.

Don't 3 have to have 100% 3G coverage by the end of the year otherwise they lost their licence???

deep1 wrote: »
    +1 Moved from o2 and so far very happy with 3, I am getting 3g where o2 didn't have.
    I know 3g/2g airplane switch is a pain some time but i am sure i can live with that with the value of money i am getting with 3.

Few simple steps:
    1) In the carriers set it to automatic.
    2) if you loose 3g then it should be back to 3g in less than 5 mins, if you can't wait for that long.
    3) try Airplane mode On/Off.
    4) Or simply select the 3g carrier from list and set it back to automatic.

I know you don't have to do all this but really is it a pain if you have to do it once a day? I have only done it twice since bought the ph last friday.

I will happily take this little pain anyday over the extra mins and add-on i am getting and in fairness we all knew about 3g coverage before we signed up contracts anyway.

I'm the same. I've lost 3G at home once or twice and it comes back after 5 mins on it's own. I'm happy with the price I'm going to be paying and what I'm going to be getting.

Part of me does wish that the heads of Three would send bigger instruction manuals over to their outsourced virtual assistans in India...

Just another question, do the prices of the bill per month = inclusive of vat? I'm on the classic flex max plan, so far my bill says I owe €42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Lads, whats all this waiting 5 mins for it coming back to 3g...if the network was half decent it wouldnt drop off and if it does should go to edge or similar.

But in places where there is 1 bar of 3g if you grip the phone funny you ve lost it and your connection gone. so either airplane mode it or wait.

Sorry 40pm wont get me pissing around like that. Been with O2 for over 18 months and never had the hassle ive had for 2 days.

I live in Dublin too, just for clarity!

• Advertisement

I'm the same. I've lost 3G at home once or twice and it comes back after 5 mins on it's own. I'm happy with the price I'm going to be paying and what I'm going to be getting.

Part of me does wish that the heads of Three would send bigger instruction manuals over to their outsourced virtual assistans in India...

Just another question, do the prices of the bill per month = inclusive of vat? I'm on the classic flex max plan, so far my bill says I owe €42

Yeah and also sign some sort of data roaming agreement with Vodafone.

Yeah the price is inclusive Vat, The €42 you are seeing is the €40 for package and €2 for days you used upto first billing cycle (1st of august).

deep1 wrote: »
    Yeah and also sign some sort of data roaming agreement with Vodafone.

Yeah the price is inclusive Vat, The €42 you are seeing is the €40 for package and €2 for days you used upto first billing cycle (1st of august).

Ok how does that work when I only got the phone on Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Just a point on the data roaming. Its is normal throughout many other countries to always have data roaming on for normal usage.The data roaming switch is there to give you the option of turning it off and thus avoiding high charges while out of the country.In the states or on the continent all phones would have data roaming on to try and keep picking the best networks.

In your case it could be Call charges or face time sms charges, I have .74 Sms charges for Face time activation.
    I am not sure but if you to go to MY3 you should have the Itemised bill there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

For some reason i have an little phone icon on my top bar of the phone that i never had on my 3G is this normal with the iphone 4?

122879.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm in the same boat but I bought mine before the new billing cycle (2nd August) so I figured thats what extra 2 euro odd was for. I've made sure I'm getting itemised bills by post, suggest you do the same. If there is a discrepancy with your base plan rate Three will credit your account for next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

peterk19 wrote: »
    For some reason i have an little phone icon on my top bar of the phone that i never had on my 3G is this normal with the iphone 4?

122879.JPG

http://www.askmefast.com/What_does_a_blue_telephone_icon_on_my_iphone_mean-qna143962.html

nuttlys wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm in the same boat but I bought mine before the new billing cycle (2nd August) so I figured thats what extra 2 euro odd was for. I've made sure I'm getting itemised bills by post, suggest you do the same. If there is a discrepancy with your base plan rate Three will credit your account for next month.

You'll get charged a fiver a month for admin charges if you get a paper bill ! beware ! I read this somewhere on the three site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

You'll get charged a fiver a month for admin charges if you get a paper bill ! beware ! I read this somewhere on the three site.

I'm pretty sure that is only if you are not paying by Direct Debit (you get charged €4.50 admin fee.) You also get charged €7.50 for every copy you request. According to My3 i'm ok for this month... but i'll keep an eye on it. cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=122881&stc=1&d=1281033486

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Rafloution wrote: »
    Done and dusted got return details and case ref.

Guys if you in the 14 days and you want to return do it within 14 days seriously they will hide behind it no problem.

The what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

€4.50 added for not paying by DD itemised paper balls are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Lads, does anyone know if phoning voicemail comes out of your flexi-units or do 3 charge extra for voicemail?

This is a great thread btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

ToadVine wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone know if phoning voicemail comes out of your flexi-units or do 3 charge extra for voicemail?

15c per minute as far as I know.

Would dialing 0833333171, which is also voicemail be classed a a call to three though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

ToadVine wrote: »

0.15 per minute, doesn't come out of your flexi-units.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

gartcork wrote: »
    15c per minute as far as I know.

Would dialing 0833333171, which is also voicemail be classed a a call to three though??

Thanks.

Is there some way of calling 0833333171 and accessing your voicemail from a landline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

Dial 08x5xxxxxxx

Then enter your number & press # and enter your pin.

This DOES come out of your flex units although it takes a bit longer.
    UNSET.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Under carriers, do you have it set to automatic or 3 (3G) ??

it's set to automatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

For anyone tryin to get back on o2 , i just walked directly across from the 3 shop in limerick into o2 and asked could i resume my previous commitment etc and they said yup no problem... Paid the extra money for an early upgrade and right now i'm happy as a fat kid with cake , three is possibly the worst network i'v ever been on and thats a fact! Im just surprised some people can actually tolerate the crap they are getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Maybe there hoping they fix the main problem.

I really don't want to leave three , I have two iphone 4 with them and it will cost me a lot more each month with either o2 or VF and thats not counting how much it will cost me to buy the handsets. Has anyone been told anything of use from three , ie - have three even admitted there is a problem , is there a solution on the way??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

scwazrh wrote: »
    I really don't want to leave three , I have two iphone 4 with them and it will cost me a lot more each month with either o2 or VF and thats not counting how much it will cost me to buy the handsets. Has anyone been told anything of use from three , ie - have three even admitted there is a problem , is there a solution on the way??

No they will tell you that your in a perfect coverage area which is green area.....but wait till you hear the funny part they email you a biz map of your coverage area thats acutally amber which means you may suffer poor or intermittent coverage yes thats right 3 stupidly sent my father in law this . I couldnt helop but laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I have intermittent 3G reception in Cork since getting the phone last saturday, I've called their helpline twice so far. I was told it was possible a sim issue, that I should try a sim swap/test from the shop failing that have my phone tested,...er I told the 3 person I wanted the problem resolved well within the 14 day period as if it wasn't I would cancel the contract. She assured me it would...yeah right. I lose 3G several times a day often in different locations, often when the phone leaves a wifi location it goes straight to 3 no 3G for a while. Very intermittent service.

Got told the same myself about checking the sims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

I got the iPhone 4 on 3 last night at bout 8pm.

How long does it take to get my number ported from previous mobile to this one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement