Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Scottish wrote: »
    Something similar happening to me. Ran speedtest today, got 3.5mb download . Could I use the Internet? Nope.

I'm wondering is it something to do with the jailbreak or three (most probably three, but until I could be bothered restoring [if I have to] I won't know for definite.

tethering works perfectly, and when I tether the internet on the iPhone automatically works but sometimes before I tether I can't even visit a webpage even though it shows 3G coverage

wierddd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

Yeah, I get that as well, and I had it before I jailbroke, so I don't think it's anything to do with that. To my mind, it's a worse problem than not switching back to 3G from 2g, because you've no idea it's happening until the page just doesn't load. You end up staring at the address bar and praying every time you click a link. Pain in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

City Centre of Dublin this morning.

3-4 bars of 3G Signal. Ran Speedtest, showing digiweb as the server host.

Download speeds - 0mb
    Upload speeds - 1.5mb

What is going on with them? This went on for a period of about 10 minutes, and it only briefly flickered into life after that.

Their network appears to be full of bugs.

And the phone would still rather be on the dataless network a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Scottish wrote: »
    City Centre of Dublin this morning.

3-4 bars of 3G Signal. Ran Speedtest, showing digiweb as the server host.

Download speeds - 0mb
    Upload speeds - 1.5mb

What is going on with them? This went on for a period of about 10 minutes, and it only briefly flickered into life after that.

Their network appears to be full of bugs.

And the phone would still rather be on the dataless network a lot of the time.

funny you mention that, this morning i tried a 3 sim, in a 3g blackberry set the network to 2g/3g auto mode.

the phone spent a lot of the time on the vf 2g network, along the m1
    after a while i set it to 3g only and signal was not great, 1-2 bars... some no signal pockets around..

i thought signal would have been better at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I just did the test 3 times and got wildly different readings - download anything from 0.17 Mbps to 0.65Mbps, upload from 1.5Mbps (!) to 0.05Mbps.

What should we be getting?

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I am getting well over 2.5 Mb every time i have done test this morning, City centre area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yep i have,given up.

Spent most of the weekend turning that aeroplane mode on and off in an area i hd no problems the days before

The phone is going back today. I am still within the 7 day cooling off period so i am okay to.

Dont get me wrong, its a great phone, great features and a gret screen but it just doesnt work that well with 3 at times.

I am going to buy the phone sim free and use it on either meteors or o2s network as they have EDGE. Would rather use EDGE as it doesnt use u battery like 3G does and is quiet faster thn GPRS!

deep1 wrote: »
    I am getting well over 2.5 Mb every time i have done test this morning, City centre area.

I just got over 2mb up, and 1.5mb down.

My problem is the total and utter lack of reliability. 3-4 bars of 3g and 0mb download speeds - is that acceptable at any time?

I'm going to keep checking it every 30 minutes today to see how it varies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

fbradyirl wrote: »

Shocking PING though!!

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    Shocking PING though!!

You think thats bad. I saw 20000+ this morning! Admittedly, I had 1 bar of 3g coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Calypso

Perhaps not directly comparable but I just ran a speedtest on both my iPhone3G on O2 and iPhone 4 on 3. Both are running IOS 4.0.1. I'm based in an office on Nassau St btw.

Overall, I've had no real issues with 3 so far, save for the lack of a fallback to Edge or GPRS on a couple of occasions. The 3G reception has been generally excellent though it's hard to know if it's down to the phone or the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Well, I got my phone on Wednesday, and my billpay Vodafone number still hasn't been ported over. Neither can I access customer service from my phone - ringing 333 gives a "this number has not been recognised" error.

Not impressed.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Well, I got my phone on Wednesday, and my billpay Vodafone number still hasn't been ported over. Neither can I access customer service from my phone - ringing 333 gives a "this number has not been recognised" error.

Not impressed.

P.

Try ringing 1913

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

I have to say 5 Bars on 3G with 3 does give impressive speeds. @ Oceanclub I went in to three store in Cork to get my phone last week. My Vodafone Sim was dead before I got home 30 mins later - turned on iPhone with 3 Sim card to find my 087 number ready and good to go.

I find this network so flaky it's hard to believe.

Getting a reading of 800kbs down, 1.6 mb UP and I can't access any internet sites.

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I just got hit by the proxy while trying to access UrbanDictionary.com. This is rediculious. Does anybody have a way of getting around the proxy?

Now getting downloads speeds of 0mbs when connected to the digiweb server in Dublin.

Does anyone have any news on the supposed network fix?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

slasher_65 wrote: »
    I just got hit by the proxy while trying to access UrbanDictionary.com. This is rediculious. Does anybody have a way of getting around the proxy?
    Just checked urban dictionary myself and no sign of a proxy for me, I remember some people having to confirm their age to three before to get around this but never had to do this myself

Splinter wrote: »
    Just checked urban dictionary myself and no sign of a proxy for me, I remember some people having to confirm their age to three before to get around this but never had to do this myself

Are you using the preconfigured APN and is your mobile device set to iPhone on your three account?

I get this when trying to visit urbandictionary:
    http://mobile.3ireland.ie/pc/Live/pcreator/live/mwsun

I had heard, if you change your mobile device to a 3modem online, and change your apn to 3internet.ie you can bypass content restrictions but I couldn't get it working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Splinter wrote: »

I'm also getting the proxy issue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Me also blocked on urban dictionary. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

MY number was supposed to be ported over the weekend, but was not, I called them again yesterday, and I found the staff helpful and honest. I was told they have been having problems with the porting database since early on thursday and they will attempt t port myt number again and it may take 24 hours as my number is on a multiple number accound with meteor.

I suspect they still ahve problems with the porting today, or meteor is the problem. Also now im back in the UK, so I don't know if my number will even be ported this week.

Although as soon as I got to London, I got a nice txt from three, that any usuage would be just take out of my normal minutes, and so far this morning I have had great signal and internet here.

Although I did try to download the bitbuzz app from the app store and got a load of html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Furp wrote: »

Although I did try to download the bitbuzz app from the app store and got a load of html

What is the story with this? I think it's another 3 problem yawn as i have yet to see it using wifi but have seen it loads on 3 3g. Would this be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

oceanclub wrote: »

Not impressed.

P.

333 was discontinued as their CC number last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jasonmadigan

Pleased to hear we'll have 2G data connectivity (maybe) on the 13th. Would be nice if iPhone users didn't have to deal with their crappy proxy, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Kevin! wrote: »
    Are you using the preconfigured APN and is your mobile device set to iPhone on your three account?

I get this when trying to visit urbandictionary:
    http://mobile.3ireland.ie/pc/Live/pcreator/live/mwsun

I had heard, if you change your mobile device to a 3modem online, and change your apn to 3internet.ie you can bypass content restrictions but I couldn't get it working

I couldn't get access to the APN settings. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

corklad32 wrote: »
    What is the story with this? I think it's another 3 problem yawn as i have yet to see it using wifi but have seen it loads on 3 3g. Would this be right?

same here, perfect on wifi but most dont work on 3g.
    Anyone know anything about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭thomasj

I used,083 3333333

• Advertisement

Yet again, city centre Dublin, this time connected to an eircom server, big fat 0 kbps download speed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement