Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Jelly sms working fine for me (on gprs).

I had to do a network reset before my 2G GPRS data started working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

corklad32 wrote: »
    Marginally better 3 g in cork today but absolutely no sign of GPRS when 3G drop-off.

Can you chop and change ure roaming? Say gointo uk next week do I activate 3 like home? And then say Italy the week after do I need to swap 3 like home for European roaming. I saw the thing about 3 months a nd roaming is activated I assume u can di this before the 3 months? Jelly SMS on 3 today failing all day for me anyone else?

3 Like Home is activated by default and happily is accessible in Italy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

culabula wrote: »
    3 Like Home is activated by default and happily is accessible in Italy too.

Not anymore it is now an add on which you can take or not. If you take it you get 3 Like Home rates on 3 networks free to receive calls when not on foreign 3 network but in EU and marginally dearer to send texts and calls than EU rate. If you opt out you get charged EU rates but you also get charged to receive calls and no 3 Like Home

Walkman wrote: »
    Not anymore it is now an add on which you can take or not. If you take it you get 3 Like Home rates on 3 networks free to receive calls when not on foreign 3 network but in EU and marginally dearer to send texts and calls than EU rate. If you opt out you get charged EU rates but you also get charged to receive calls and no 3 Like Home

There may very well be this choice but 3Like Home is still the out of the box option:

http://www.three.ie/products_services/international/3likehome.htm

and if you're going to the UK and Italy, then that is the one to avail of.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

decies wrote: »
    Was out in the waterford regional hospital 3g seems ok in car park ,but head into ward and for 90% of time no 3g or gprs coverage on three,chap in same ward also with i phone but with 02 no problem with 3g coverage.

i work on a ward in wrh and i have 3g : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveccork

Just to note, I reset network settings which resulted in GPRS being enabled. Brutally slow but does the basics (down 30kbps, up 5kbps)

Darragh wrote: »
    Hey folks,

3 have been in touch with answers to some of the questions in this thread:

I hope that helps some of our members - I know 3 are keeping an eye on this thread so if you have specific questions you want answered, let me know in the thread below and we'll see what we can do to get you answers!

Cheers (and thanks to 3 for providing official answers)

Darragh

it would be great if 3 have a designated page like VF.

eeloe wrote: »
    Today is another bad day, standing in work here my 3G coverage is fluxing from between 4 and 1 bar! Really starting to bother me now!

even on 1 bar 3g my internet works well

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FC83061

NothingMan wrote: »
    Nothing about the delay in returning to full 3G from gprs in known 3G areas?

Takes up to 20 minutes and sometimes just doesn't return to 3G.

I've been actively monitoring this thread as a potential customer of 3 and although I appreciate the official response through Darragh, I agree with NothingMan that the only question that 3 have not answered (disconcertingly so) is the delay switching to back to 3G from GPRS in known 3G areas.

3 please could you respond to this particular issue...

There may very well be this choice but 3Like Home is still the out of the box option:

http://www.three.ie/products_services/international/3likehome.htm

and if you're going to the UK and Italy, then that is the one to avail of.

It's not. You will now get asked if you want to opt into it or not when signing up. There is no defaul option anymore

• Advertisement

And GPRS gone again today ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

daveccork wrote: »
    And GPRS gone again today ......

Working fine for me. I'm in dundrum.

Did reset of network settings and I an back on GPRS again (hardly acceptable though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

daveccork wrote: »
    Did reset of network settings and I an back on GPRS again (hardly acceptable though)
    What part of. Cork I'm near kinsale and just can't get it. I'm also ported that's hardly causing an issue is it

It's not. You will now get asked if you want to opt into it or not when signing up. There is no defaul option anymore

How recent is this?

corklad32 wrote: »
    What part of. Cork I'm near kinsale and just can't get it. I'm also ported that's hardly causing an issue is it
    Glanmire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I still don't have GPRS, wth is going on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zaxa

I am so happy that I cancelled my contract with three.

Ok i have a question, So feel free to yell at me if im wrong.

The fact that three are now enabling 2g data connections is a complete contradiction of there terms and conditions.

Page three of the bill pay terms and conditions states that 2g and 2.5g mobile broadband is NOT available.

So under regulation 17 of the EC 2003, Everyone has the right to terminate there contract with three WITHOUT penalty, do they not?

Basically stating that they have altered there terms and conditions by allowing the 2g data connection.

Just a taught!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I still don't have GPRS, wth is going on !!

Do you have data roaming turned on? Unless you do, you will never see GPRS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

naasrd wrote: »
    3 Like Home

All 3 customers can avail of our 3 Like Home Service. This means a customer domestic rates when they use 3 networks abroad, like the UK. Data and texts cost the same, too. And remember receiving calls is absolutely free – just like home.

That's good to know.

When I signed up to this, the staff member didn't know what it meant (seriously) and left me opted out. Is there any reason to opt out of this?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

blaz wrote: »
    Do you have data roaming turned on? Unless you do, you will never see GPRS.
    Yep its on, tried rebooting and resetting :(

oceanclub wrote: »
    When I signed up to this, the staff member didn't know what it meant (seriously) and left me opted out. Is there any reason to opt out of this?

P.

I have never heard of being "opted out of this" and would like to see a link to same.

I am using 3 x 3pay SIMs here in Belfast and all are working on 3 Like Home by default.

I am also using my recently acquired 3 contract: again, 3 Like Home is enabled as it has always been since my first 3 mobile BB contract in 2006.

I brought two friends to 3 in the last 7 days. No mention of 3 Like home was made, either as an add-on or option and both parties have availed of it since going live, one in the UK the other in Italy.

PS: a third recently signed to 3 mobile broadband and is happily using it in Austria on a regular business, where he owns a hotel. There was no option, add-on or inquiry. It works on demand (on another 3 network).

Culabula this was only brought in with the new Flex plans 2 weeks ago

@ Thor the simple answer is no as it is not detrimental to your current contract

@ Thor the simple answer is no as it is not detrimental to your current contract

Irrelevant if its detrimental to my contract or not, Any change is a change.

I'm not saying what they are doing is bad, I'm just saying the option is there. Which as it happens is working for people on meteor at the moment.

Which is what I and my two friends are on. I use mine most of the time in Belfast. It doesn't form part of the proposed free add-ons nor was asked to enable it. It just works.

Here is the page with the flexi-units: as you can see '3 Like Home' forms part of the various bundled bonuses to the amount of flexi-units chosen.

http://three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/billpay.htm#

• Advertisement

Which is what I and my two friends are on. I use mine most of the time in Belfast. It doesn't form part of the proposed free add-ons nor was asked to enable it. It just works.

Did they sign up in a store, they obviously opted them out without asking so they could get 3 like home. It's defiantly an option cause when I was getting my iPhone I was asked did I want to opt in or not. You have to opt in or not so it's not included with the other add ons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement