Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

How does tethering work with a standard laptop? Does a seperate tethering data plan have to be purchased or does it come out of your standard data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

2gb is included with the price plans and you can choose an extra 2gb as a free extra. So you can have 4gb in total. Just connect the phone to the laptop and off you go. You don't need to buy anything extra. Think of it as you phone becomes like a mifi when you need it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I seriously doubt you can call it camping if you brought a laptop and iPhone. :D

Ouch!

Thanks. I took the extra texts though. Am I able to use it from my standard 2GB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

shouldnt of taken the texts as you can easily use your free extra 333 webtexts with eirtext or jelly apps !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

can you change your addon?
    I picked the calls to europe and since it doesn't activate till Sept I'd prefer the extra 2gb option especially now that I have the sky sports app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I picked the calls to europe and since it doesn't activate till Sept I'd prefer the extra 2gb option especially now that I have the sky sports app.

How much data does 1 match use on your iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can watch skysports through planet 3 and it won't use any of you data. Not sure if it works on the iPhone. There doing a promo at the moment for anyone who gets a galaxy s where you get free skysports for 12mts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

etcetc wrote: »
    How much data does 1 match use on your iPhone

not sure really as I normally use the wi-fi but from checking out a few mins here and there I estimate easily 200+ megs a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sc@recrow wrote: »

You will be able to change the add on but only in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Anyone know what 3care is like? Thinking of signing up for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

It looks like this thread has turned from a '3 is no good' to a '3 is not so bad' kinda thread. Maybe the 'WARNING' part should be removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Anyone know what 3care is like? Thinking of signing up for it....

I second this question, and add 'Does anybody know if you are free to cancel 3Care whenever you want, even within the 3 free months? Are any extra charges incurred?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

fbradyirl wrote: »
    It looks like this thread has turned from a '3 is no good' to a '3 is not so bad' kinda thread. Maybe the 'WARNING' part should be removed?

Deffo, every time I get a thread email with WARNING on it I think for a second I'm getting an infraction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

fbradyirl wrote: »

I still think the warning should apply. We have two iphones that have no data a lot of the time. Data is fine for the limited amount of time we have 3g coverage but there is no gprs data at all when we don't have 3g. This issue is made worse by the fact that the phone seems to prefer being on the 2g network to save battery and there is no way to force it to stay on 3G even though it is available in the area.

This is a serious issue for customers paying up on €95 per month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

Agreed! The problem is far from sorted for me and my wife also.
    Like I mentioned before. I hope the fix is still being worked on and not complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone else having issues with the phone not switching to GPRS ?? Sometimes, when the little circle won't appear, I have to go into the carrier menu, select O2 then select 3 and after doing that the little circle appears. It doesn't happen all of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Got iphone 4 from 3 on last tuesday returned phone on thursday due to numerous

issues with 3G signal was told by 3 rep in dundrum i was making the the right

choice by returning the phone need i say more. Went back to O2 with my tail

between my legs only got the the phone on sat from O2 not one signal issue

since i went back stay clear of 3.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the phone not switching to GPRS ?? Sometimes, when the little circle won't appear, I have to go into the carrier menu, select O2 then select 3 and after doing that the little circle appears. It doesn't happen all of the time.

I never get the circle at all. When I have no 3G coverage I have no data. Even when I am in areas of supposedly good 3G coverage the phone is on 3 2g with no data

Kaskade wrote: »
    I never get the circle at all. When I have no 3G coverage I have no data. Even when I am in areas of supposedly good 3G coverage the phone is on 3 2g with no data

I wasn't getting the circle at all when it was first enabled, to get it I followed this post:
    corklad32 wrote: »
    FOR THOSE STILL NOT GETTING GPRS I DID THE FOLLOWING AND IT WORKED FOR ME:

No matter what i did reset network, data on/off etc this is the only way it worked for me and stayed working since last night
    Settings
    Carrier
    Select meteor if available
    Select o2 if available
    Select 3 (Not 3 3g)
    The circle should now appear
    If it does select automatic again and it seems to unstick whatever is stuck

• Advertisement

I wasn't getting the circle at all when it was first enabled, to get it I followed this post:

Thanks for the advice. I saw these steps about a week ago but it did nothing. Tried again there on both phones and still nothing.

Kaskade wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I saw these steps about a week ago but it did nothing. Tried again there on both phones and still nothing.
    Out of interest, did you port over from another network ??

I've ported over and I'm having the problems.

Out of interest, did you port over from another network ??

Yep we ported over from vodafone. But before we ported we used temp 083 numbers for 3 days and it didn't work on them either.

I have noticed though that when I hang up a call and I'm on the 2g network I see the blue o for 2/3 seconds and then it disappears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

luzon wrote: »
    Got iphone 4 from 3 on last tuesday returned phone on thursday due to numerous

issues with 3G signal was told by 3 rep in dundrum i was making the the right

choice by returning the phone need i say more. Went back to O2 with my tail

between my legs only got the the phone on sat from O2 not one signal issue

since i went back stay clear of 3.
    Agreed - i spent 3 weeks with 3 - horrific - ported to o2 last sat have yet to be without internet of less than 1.5mbps down

Mr.S wrote: »
    How do i check my remaining units etc from the phone? the bookmark "Planet 3" doesn't work!

I think that bookmark only works if you're not connected to wifi.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How do i check my remaining units etc from the phone? the bookmark "Planet 3" doesn't work!
    Go to the 3 website www.three.ie

Go to the page with the units bookmark i and then you'll only have to login

As far as I know that link only works if you're connected to 3's data network and not over wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes, planet 3 will not work over wifi only 3G.

http://mobile.3ireland.ie/sdf/p3iphone

Is the full address for Planet 3 on the iPhone, you can then click on My3 and bookmark that to your home screen for easy access

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement