Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

culabula wrote: »
    I sincerely hope so: impossible to lock on to the network from Newry to almost Drogheda today. Infuriating. Yet no such problems with a 3UK SIM or a 3 Italia SIM.

When you do a network search using the 3uk or Tre sims, which networks does it list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

im under the impression since 3 opened the gprs data that this thread has considerably slowed in terms of posts... sign of good things?

anyway, does anybody on carrier 7.1 have that annoying call fowarding >dismiss thing come up?

if no, are you using your voicemail number as 171 or *5005* etc etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Spipov wrote: »
    im under the impression since 3 opened the gprs data that this thread has considerably slowed in terms of posts... sign of good things?

anyway, does anybody on carrier 7.1 have that annoying call fowarding >dismiss thing come up?

if no, are you using your voicemail number as 171 or *5005* etc etc ?

On 7.1. No message coming up and using 171.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Are three still working on the problems with their network I wonder... ??

There are two issues:

Some people have no 2g data. No blue o. Thankfully we got this resolved on Friday. Turns out it was a provisioning issue that meant the GPRS settings were wrong. 2nd tier iPhone technical support sorted this out.

Unresolved issue still where the phone spends most of its time on 3 when there is sufficient 3G coverage. I'm told they are working on it. Not as big a deal now that GPRS is working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭electrolinks

Yeah I rang technical support and they took a while but they fixed something and now 2g works on my iPhone 4. Its very very slow, and still has issue still where the phone spends most of its time on 3 when there is sufficient 3G coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Kaskade wrote: »
    There are two issues:

Some people have no 2g data. No blue o. Thankfully we got this resolved on Friday. Turns out it was a provisioning issue that meant the GPRS settings were wrong. 2nd tier iPhone technical support sorted this out.

Unresolved issue still where the phone spends most of its time on 3 when there is sufficient 3G coverage. I'm told they are working on it. Not as big a deal now that GPRS is working though.

I'm not getting the 2G signal either, I'm on pre-pay. Can you tell me the steps you did to get it working?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Walkman wrote: »
    You need to pay €60 to activate full international roaming as it stands now you can roam in the EU and 3like home countries. This needs to be done 24 hours before you travel and the money will be credited to your next bill

They didn't ask me for any money, and I was only with them a month before I went to France. 3 told me I was clear to roam, and it worked perfectly while away with SFR, Orange and Bouygues Télécom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

whiterebel wrote: »
    They didn't ask me for any money, and I was only with them a month before I went to France. 3 told me I was clear to roam, and it worked perfectly while away with SFR, Orange and Bouygues Télécom

this is limited eu roaming. full international are countries that are not listed on the website with rates on it. i think band 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dsender

Here Lads, has anybody got data working on the 2g network on 4.0.1?
    I was on to support on they want me to update to 4.0.2 which they say will fix the problem. I can't see how os update affects data/network and obviously don't want to update for jailbraking reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Went to the Three store in Cavan to sign up for 3cover, the staff were totally incompetent and basically told me to put it on my house insurance and not bother them, they had more important things to do like spend half an hour explaining Best of Both to two attractive polish women.

As a matter of interest whats the coverage (3g) like in and around Cavan. Am out of contract and am thinking of switching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Eh, that's cause France us in the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

dsender wrote: »
    Here Lads, has anybody got data working on the 2g network on 4.0.1?
    I was on to support on they want me to update to 4.0.2 which they say will fix the problem. I can't see how os update affects data/network and obviously don't want to update for jailbraking reasons...

I'm the same, I'm on 4.0.1 and I've not got GPRS/2G to kick in if my 3g signal drops. I've tried turning on data roaming and going through the different carriers but no luck unfortunately.

Anybody out there with GPRS/2G working on 4.0.1. Likewise I'd like to be still able to jailbreak, sbs settings alone is so handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Ya I do, don't update whatever you do

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Eh, that's cause France us in the EU.

Won't get much past you will we?:rolleyes:

I asked him if I was OK to roam or if I needed to do something to access it. He didn't ask whether it was EU or not. He just advised that was I ok to roam, and that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Won't get much past you will we?:rolleyes:

I asked him if I was OK to roam or if I needed to do something to access it. He didn't ask whether it was EU or not. He just advised that was I ok to roam, and that was it.

Well lucky you, if anyone who signed up since June 2009, they need to pay €60 to activate full international roaming if they are on the network less than 6 months

Well lucky you, if anyone who signed up since June 2009, they need to pay €60 to activate full international roaming if they are on the network less than 6 months

Yes, hence my call to them enquiring about it. O2 had charged me €120 for the privilege previously.

I'm the same, I'm on 4.0.1 and I've not got GPRS/2G to kick in if my 3g signal drops. I've tried turning on data roaming and going through the different carriers but no luck unfortunately.

Anybody out there with GPRS/2G working on 4.0.1. Likewise I'd like to be still able to jailbreak, sbs settings alone is so handy.

I also have it working on 4.0.1

I was told there was a provisioning error on my account that meant the gprs settings were not configured correctly. I spoke to 2nd tier iphone technical support to get this sorted but it took a good 2 weeks of hounding them to get it escalated. Look at this thread for more info

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67731651&posted=1#post67731651

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thor wrote: »
    Actually it technically does.

http://www.three.ie/skype.htm

No where does it state on that page, Is it dependent on a specific phone.

Also clicking on skype phones, Up will show a list of all the phones and guess what!!! The iphone 4 is there.

Did anyone find out if this is correct?

If not, and Skype isn't free, I presume that means you're charged for the data cost of the Skype call? For example, if I ring a Skypeout number using the Skype application, it means I'm charged against my Skype account for the per-minute cost, and from my Three data allowance for the data transfer?

P.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Kaskade wrote: »
    I also have it working on 4.0.1

I was told there was a provisioning error on my account that meant the gprs settings were not configured correctly. I spoke to 2nd tier iphone technical support to get this sorted but it took a good 2 weeks of hounding them to get it escalated. Look at this thread for more info

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67731651&posted=1#post67731651

What number do you call for 2nd tier support ?

sharkman wrote: »
    What number do you call for 2nd tier support ?

We are on a business account so we just ring the 1800 business number and I ask to be put through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Are people still being charged the cost of a text to the UK for facetime? May have to hold off until 4.1 to use email for facetime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Rang support again and asked for their tier 2 support.

He didn't put me through and said 3, apple and vodafone have a fix today, 31st.

It should all be sorted by tomorrow (GPRS issue)

Sounds familiar but I'll be calling them again tomorrow if it doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pepfcb

hey lads,

thinking of getting an Iphone 4 on Three's website. As I a am on a 6 months work contract, it would be rather stupid to get a 18months bill pay contract, therefore I am gonna go for the 3Pay.

is that a wise move? wud you recommend three and their 3G network? Ive been through a good 20 pages of that topic and can't really make up my mind, seems like there were loads of issues in the first weeks following the release of the iphone4 on three, has the situation improved since?

Also do you have any idea how long does it take for the phone to get delivered? And which firmware version would it be? 4.0.1? I will need to get it jailbreaked in order to be able to use it in Belgium when I get back.

Thanks in advance for your assistance on this :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

jonseyblub wrote: »
    As a matter of interest whats the coverage (3g) like in and around Cavan. Am out of contract and am thinking of switching.

I find it very good. But beware, coverage can be good in one place, but crap 10 meters in the other direction.

You should grab a free sim from 3 and test it out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

jonseyblub wrote: »

Cavan town is good. I'm in Cootehill, good coverage around town and apparently the people out in the sticks are getting hooked up with the National Broadband Scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

After 1 month of my 3 bill going up, 2c here, 40c there, it has just dropped 13c on the eve of the bill being issued. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Rang support again and asked for their tier 2 support.

He didn't put me through and said 3, apple and vodafone have a fix today, 31st.

It should all be sorted by tomorrow (GPRS issue)

Sounds familiar but I'll be calling them again tomorrow if it doesn't work
    What kind of fix ?? Carrier update ??

cian1500ww wrote: »
    What kind of fix ?? Carrier update ??

Hope it's something concrete as am kinda fed up. This would not apply to most of you, but crossing from one jurisdiction to another (Dundalk/Newry) results in an hour's attempting to log onto the appropriate network. Trouble is I no longer know whether to blame 3 or the handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I'm on a billpay tariff with three for my iPhone, and am heading to the US on Thursday. I have heard horrible mention of having to pay €60 to turn on roaming. IS this true? Which roaming tariff should I be on to get the best out of the phone?

• Advertisement

slasher_65 wrote: »
    I'm on a billpay tariff with three for my iPhone, and am heading to the US on Thursday. I have heard horrible mention of having to pay €60 to turn on roaming. IS this true? Which roaming tariff should I be on to get the best out of the phone?

Officially, you are supposed to be with them for 3 months, in practice not. Check in my 3 to see if you're enabled for roaming or not.

Roaming tariff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement