Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

nava wrote: »
    Yes also would like to know that, if there's no connection problems I will probably move to 3.

Still not happy about waiting 18 months for the phone to be unlock when O2 does it straight away.

Is that the same O2 that refused to unlock iPhones AT ALL, even if contract was finished, until they got some competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Mr.S wrote: »
    how do you check how much data is left on your allowance?

Visit http://mobile5.3ireland.ie/837_sc through you 3 mobile connection and then click "Check my usage"

Or phone 1913 press 1 when prompted, then 1 again and then 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Do you not get free 3 to 3 texts with bill packages?
    I see you gety 3 to 3 calls free but i want texts :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Davexirl wrote: »
    So everyone is pretty happy with 3 now????

I think the general consensus is that now that GPRS has been activated, and that it is working for the vast majority of people - three customers are pretty happy with their service.

No backup network for data was the biggest problem people had with three, and the majority of the complaints in this thread relate to that problem - now that it has been resolved I for one am happy with their service and so are many others.

No network is flawless, and each carrier come with there ups and downs - but if you're looking for value I think three is definitely the way to go in the case of the iPhone 4 and bill pay plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Oliver1985 wrote: »

Afraid not.

• Advertisement

However, you do get 333 webtexts which can save you as much as 111 units for texts. Get more SMS, with your free add-on.

culabula wrote: »
    However, you do get 333 webtexts which can save you as much as 111 units for texts. Get more SMS, with your free add-on.

So answer me this? If i buy an i phone i can work it this way?

40euro per month

350 flex units which one unit gets me a min calls or 2 texts?
    Use the free ad on to get 150 any network texts?
    Free 3 to 3 calls?
    2gb internet use?
    And then i get 333 web text on top of that?
    Also can i get a app to send web texts off the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

40euro per month

Free 3 to 3 calls?
    2gb internet use?
    Sounds like a good plan. There are a few apps to send webtexts, i have always found jelly SMS to be the best

40euro per month

Free 3 to 3 calls?
    2gb internet use?

Yes, yes, yes.

You can get JellySMS or EirText to send your webtexts.

You ALSO get:

3 Like Home
    The ability to use your units to call British landlines or mobiles, should you wish.
    Access to Bitbuzz in this country and in the UK.
    Free Skype.
    Access to gocall.ie for cheapish calls to other destinations.

Yes, yes, yes.

You ALSO get:

3 Like Home
    The ability to use your units to call British landlines or mobiles, should you wish.
    Free Skype.

Great and is there a way to monitor my bill/addon/web text? I really dont wanna go mad over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Mr.S wrote: »
    I've tried this but it says nothing about my 2GB data package, and when i go to "my3" online it says nothing about having a data ad on.

I've been on the new iPhone plan for about 3 weeks but have gotten no new updated bill as of yet.

Sounds like im still stuck on my old plan? hmm what to do?

If you have upgraded your new plan won't kick in until your next billing cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Great and is there a way to monitor my bill/addon/web text? I really dont wanna go mad over?

My3 gives you real time usage on your phone, view via Planet 3, best to add shortcut to home screen, you can also view bill summary for last 6 months

Walkman wrote: »
    My3 gives you real time usage on your phone, view via Planet 3, best to add shortcut to home screen, you can also view bill summary for last 6 months

Great so you really know where your at all the time :D

My3 for info in real-time on your a/c. The two apps mentioned will display how many webtexts remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

whiterebel wrote: »
    Is that the same O2 that refused to unlock iPhones AT ALL, even if contract was finished, until they got some competition?

Yes it's lol but wasn't just O2 Ireland who did that, O2 uk and other networks that had the exclusivity of the iphone didn't unlock it till they got some competition.

I think for contract customers they should unlock as requested as we are tight to a 18 months contracts, looks like Vodafone are also waiting for the 18 months to be over to unlock the Iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Quick question: Im thinking about switching to Three and getting the iPhone on billpay, how likely would it be that I would be eligible for an upgrade in June for the next iPhone? (yes i know Im a sucker for apple products :D)

I know its crazy talking about the next one before Ive even got the 4, but I like to plan ahead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Yes, yes, yes.

You ALSO get:

3 Like Home
    Free Skype.

Do you have a link about the calls to British mobiles? Not that I don't believe you, just for peace of mind and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Do you have a link about the calls to British mobiles? Not that I don't believe you, just for peace of mind and whatnot.

Well Thomas 3 have had included calls to the uk & ni landlines and mobile since they started in ireland, it's not any kind of new offer, flexi units can be used, it uses 2 units for a 1minute call when calling the uk

rivalius13 wrote: »

Well, it is buried deep in their .PDF somewhere, but I would refer you instead to my bill of three days ago: all calls to UK landlines and mobiles were included and all calls made while roaming on 3UK either to the latter or to any Irish landline or mobile were also included.

It has always been thus.

How many units does it use for a text to the uk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    How many units does it use for a text to the uk?

Your charged for texts to the UK your better off calling as that's included

Well Thomas 3 have had included calls to the uk & ni landlines and mobile since they started in ireland, it's not any kind of new offer, flexi units can be used, it uses 2 units for a 1minute call when calling the uk

I have never seen any evidence to support that: what they do say is that 50% of units may be used for British calls but in practice it seems to be 100%. On my latest bill, a minute of talktime be it to an Irish or British mobile has cost 1 unit.

Your charged for texts to the UK your better off calling as that's included

Except the galling thing is that whereas a UK text within the state costs 20c, it costs 10 while roaming. Crazy.

Plus VAT, of course.

FaceTime activation sends a uk text and I am thinking of switching to there's best of both plan where the bill is capped at 20 a month and int. texts are not included in that. Suppose if I just ring them again and get them to wave the cost that should do it?

FaceTime activation sends a uk text and I am thinking of switching to there's best of both plan where the bill is capped at 20 a month and int. texts are not included in that. Suppose if I just ring them again and get them to wave the cost that should do it?

Hopefully, that will cease after Wednesday. I will be demanding the 2€ I have been charged for FT activation back, in the meantime.

Hopefully, that will cease after Wednesday. I will be demanding the 2€ I have been charged for FT activation back, in the meantime.
    Hopefully the FaceTime costs will cease after Wednesday? Why is that?

I have only had a three prepay sim for 4 days and customer care have already refunded about €5.50 worth of credit. 50c for FaceTime activation and €5 for data charges that occurred before I bought the add on. It seems that their customer care is good so far, and they are reasonable which is arguably the most important trait for a customer care team to have

Hopefully the FaceTime costs will cease after Wednesday? Why is that?

I have only had a three prepay sim for 4 days and customer care have already refunded about €5.50 worth of credit. 50c for FaceTime activation and €5 for data charges that occurred before I bought the add on. It seems that their customer care is good so far, and they are reasonable which is arguably the most important trait for a customer care team to have

Because 4.1 will bring FaceTime activation by email. As I am already using it, I can confirm that.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I will be waiting until 4.1 is jailbreakable to update tho. So now that FT activation is thru email, does that mean FT will work even with unofficial iPhone carriers (meteor)?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I will be waiting until 4.1 is jailbreakable to update tho. So now that FT activation is thru email, does that mean FT will work even with unofficial iPhone carriers (meteor)?

Wasnt aware that it wasn't, since it depends on Wifi. I set up a mate's iPhone with his Meteor SIM some time back, and had no FaceTime, issues, worked straight away.

• Advertisement

Wasnt aware that it wasn't, since it depends on Wifi. I set up a mate's iPhone with his Meteor SIM some time back, and had no FaceTime, issues, worked straight away.
    Really? Was he factory unlocked? I could never get FT to activate for me on meteor.

Just out of interest, has anyone used FT over 3G? What is the quality like etc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement