Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

What are people using for international texts. Also, how do you do the calls to uk mobiles using your units? I'm wondering if I'm missing a special 3 app on my iPhone 4? (upgraded from a 2g and it carried my apps and settings over).

Is 4.1 that great? I'm thinking of hacking to tether to my iPad...

The only reason I jailbroke was to tether ti iPad. It's brilliant, the app costs $19.99 but worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fritzbrilly

so bottom line should i or shouldn't i get a iphone 4 from 3??? can't get one from 02 yet they are not releasing them to new customers yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

so bottom line should i or shouldn't i get a iphone 4 from 3??? can't get one from 02 yet they are not releasing them to new customers yet

Moved from o2 to three. No problem. check coverage in your area before you make move.
    I have used it all around Dublin and loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've noticed no difference with 8.0 carrier update, it did seem to reconnect to 3G quicker than usual, but then I never had an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I've noticed no difference with 8.0 carrier update, it did seem to reconnect to 3G quicker than usual, but then I never had an issue.

It now says 8.0 in the 3G iPhone too, no discernible difference. Same goes for O2UK, SFR France, 3 italy and so on in either iPhone.

What's in a name?

• Advertisement

Hey all, I'm having a slight issue regarding a tesco mobile (ported 087 number) user I can't contact, I'm wondering if anyone here could PM me if they'd be willing to send a text to it or reply to here(i don't want to take it off topic), and just see if when they ring the number does it say "The number you have called is not recognized, please check the number and call again"

Anyone, please? :)

edit: You need to be on three pay/three bill pay though, which is why I posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buzzymam

Hey all, I'm having a slight issue regarding a tesco mobile (ported 087 number) user I can't contact, I'm wondering if anyone here could PM me if they'd be willing to send a text to it or reply to here(i don't want to take it off topic), and just see if when they ring the number does it say "The number you have called is not recognized, please check the number and call again"

edit: You need to be on three pay/three bill pay though, which is why I posted here.

PM'd you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

deep1 wrote: »
    Moved from o2 to three. No problem. check coverage in your area before you make move.
    I have used it all around Dublin and loving it.

Hi, I like their competitive pricing and also spend 90% of my time in Dublin city and county. Should I just make the leap and get it from 3? I assume the 16GB is plenty in terms of space? (I'm not a big camera/video user)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

16GB could be enough... depends how many apps, music, etc you have... etc. For example I have 32GB and I have problems with space. I have LOTS of apps and some of the apps are really big 200-500Mb, and with new retina display, all the apps are much bigger cos of higher resolution. Also most of my music is in losless quality, when one album is between 200-400Mb and so on. So I would love much more space... maybe 250GB would be perfect form me... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

definitely recommend the 32gb...I have music and a few movies on mine and I'm down to about 16gb left out of the 32gb..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm having the same problem with a tesco number, ported from Meteor. Same message. I was going to start a thread about it today, actually.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with a tesco number, ported from Meteor. Same message. I was going to start a thread about it today, actually.

Thank god it's not just a specific issue to the number I'm trying to call .

I've been in contact with three, They say it's a routing issue, As It's not specific to my sim, But seemingly the whole three network.

I rung tescos, Totally confused the fella' on the other end, And in the end he asked for both numbers and said he'll sort it out as quickly as he can... Hopefully he will!

Martynet wrote: »
    16GB could be enough... depends how many apps, music, etc you have... etc. For example I have 32GB and I have problems with space. I have LOTS of apps and some of the apps are really big 200-500Mb, and with new retina display, all the apps are much bigger cos of higher resolution. Also most of my music is in losless quality, when one album is between 200-400Mb and so on. So I would love much more space... maybe 250GB would be perfect form me... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

whiterebel wrote: »

Please tell me tesco now sell iPhones .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    So answer me this? If i buy an i phone i can work it this way?

40euro per month

350 flex units which one unit gets me a min calls or 2 texts?
    Use the free ad on to get 150 any network texts?
    Free 3 to 3 calls?
    2gb internet use?
    And then i get 333 web text on top of that?
    Also can i get a app to send web texts off the phone?

Just to update people on this plan - it's actually only €30/month sim-only. A very very good deal I've just signed up to it. Got 150 free texts, 350 minutes and 2GB internet. Superb for me, as I'm starting to use more than €20 a month. No more no-credit situations. 30 day rolling contract aswell!

Elessar wrote: »
    Just to update people on this plan - it's actually only €30/month sim-only. A very very good deal I've just signed up to it. Got 150 free texts, 350 minutes and 2GB internet. Superb for me, as I'm starting to use more than €20 a month. No more no-credit situations. 30 day rolling contract aswell!

I think the post is referring to the plan that includes an iPhone 4 for 40 a month.

naasrd wrote: »
    I think the post is referring to the plan that includes an iPhone 4 for 40 a month.

Yep but people may not be aware it's only €30/month sim only. It appears as €40/month when you try to select it on the website too, might confuse people.

Yep but people may not be aware it's only €30/month sim only. It appears as €40/month when you try to select it on the website too, might confuse people.

To be honest I think 30 a month sim only is very steep considering for and extra €2.50 a week you get a 4 thrown in.

To be honest I think 30 a month sim only is very steep considering for and extra €2.50 a week you get a 4 thrown in.

Plus a couple of hundred euro.

Link?? The iPhone 4 on the €40 18-month bill pay contract is €219 in store. It's only free with the 95/month contract. The €30/month sim only plan is a very good deal compared to the competition IMO.

• Advertisement

Link?? The iPhone 4 on the €40 18-month bill pay contract is €219 in store. It's only free with the 95/month contract. The €30/month sim only plan is a very good deal compared to the competition IMO.

Opps. I forgot about that having sold my old one off to pay for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Opps. I forgot about that having sold my old one off to pay for it.

Are you Brian Lenihan, by any chance?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

I just got one on PAYG from Three, but I don't think the 3G is working at all. THE 3g icon appears but just won't connect. I've managed to transfer 10MB of data somehow, but I think that was GPRS. But it cuts as soon as it switches back to the 3G. Has this happened to anybody else? Any suggestions? I've jailbroken it, could that have broken something?

Thanks. Loving it otherwise, moving from a 1st gen with a big crack in the screen to this thing is mindblowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Just checked my usage and the free add on has been activated for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Free calls to landline ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Jimdagym wrote: »

Yeah mine was activated last night as well, free landlines..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

decies wrote: »
    Free calls to landline ?

Free landline calls were just activated for me aswell.

I had to ring up and activate mine, went for 150 minutes weekend & evening to mobiles and landlines. Just checked my account and they've given me 300 minutes instead of 150...have they been reading my posts?!

I had to ring up and activate mine, went for 150 minutes weekend & evening to mobiles and landlines. Just checked my account and they've given me 300 minutes instead of 150...have they been reading my posts?!

Is it possible to change an add-on?

• Advertisement

Just checked my account in Planet 3 and it says add-ons: empty. I know what it means, obviously, but are they enabling these on a phased basis?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement