Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

culabula wrote: »
    Is it possible to change an add-on?

From my call to CC it appears you can change but at the next billing cycle. I was caught between free landline or downtime calls, gonna try this one first and maybe switch to free landlines. What a dilemma...

Give them a ring, mine went live within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

culabula wrote: »
    Is it possible to change an add-on?

Yeah, I specifically asked and was told I could change the add-on for any billing cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

unlimited landline calls now applied. huzzah. localphone.com here i come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yeah, I specifically asked and was told I could change the add-on for any billing cycle.

Grand job, will do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Spipov wrote: »
    unlimited landline calls now applied. huzzah. localphone.com here i come.

Unlimited?

• Advertisement

Yep.

unless im missing something. however i still dont get where that 0.29 cent thing is coming.

my last bill was 30.99 but that was my first bill.

but eh, 1 euro more. bah.

3usage.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Wow, I just found out flexi units work to Landlines and to UK (Calls, although not tested yet!)

That just made the flexi units alot more appealing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Do you guys know, if the pay as you go iphone's in Three are simlocked?

I presume they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

valdigre wrote: »
    Do you guys know, if the pay as you go iphone's in Three are simlocked?

I presume they are?

99% sure they are, for €30 more you can get it directly from Apple and they are unlock, but you will have to wait 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Spipov wrote: »
    localphone.com here i come.

How's that compare to gocall.ie when using 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Has anyone ever had their number ported from 3Pay to Pay Monthly with 3? How long did it take?

Signed up yesterday eve but still not ported. I'm expecting a few calls so getting anxious.

Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had their number ported from 3Pay to Pay Monthly with 3? How long did it take?

Signed up yesterday eve but still not ported. I'm expecting a few calls so getting anxious.

Call customer care it should have happened this morning, they need to do an internal port, if you call now it should be done by about half 7 this evening.

Call customer care it should have happened this morning, they need to do an internal port, if you call now it should be done by about half 7 this evening.

I called yesterday eve to do it. Thought it might be done by now. Have just been told I've to "give it 24 hours". Internal ports are more complicated apparently.

Elessar wrote: »
    I called yesterday eve to do it. Thought it might be done by now. Have just been told I've to "give it 24 hours". Internal ports are more complicated apparently.

Have they confirmed it's in progress, they port a few times a day. Shouldn't take 24hrs. If there on the case it should be done this evening around 7ish.

Have they confirmed it's in progress, they port a few times a day. Shouldn't take 24hrs. If there on the case it should be done this evening around 7ish.

Yeah they said it's in a queue but they put it through a second time. Give it 24 hours I was told, though it could be done within 3 to 4 hours. Frustrating, I'm waiting on a few calls. Hopefully in the next few hours......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Just got a text saying free landline calls now active

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Walkman wrote: »
    Just got a text saying free landline calls now active

Same here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pluie

I bought mine yesterday too. Texts to my original number are coming through to my iPhone now (and I can text back), but I've lost internet services**. I called customer care this time yesterday and was told that porting and transferring my contacts will take 24 hours.

** I assume this is the "disruption" that I was told would happen during the process?

How's that compare to gocall.ie when using 3?

havent personally tried the 3 call thing, but for me id want to keep a cap on things and not get mad bills.

this way i put in a certain amount of money in localphone and keep to it. and this is done with credit card.

localphone way saves a massive amount of time as well.

you dial one number and you get the contact you want to call straight away. so if you ring different people in different countries, its more of a pain as you need to sign each number in on the website (your account).
    but you are given a dublin number, so with the 3 unlimited landline, what you are paying is zero + the call amount from the site. (for me, mauritius landline - 6.6cents before vat)
    and i think its 8 cents with gocall.ie (maybe .4 cent difference when you factor in VAT).

with gocall.ie, you are given one access number and then you dial the person you want to call's number (kind of a conventional calling card). upside is you can call many different people, downside = it takes longer and comes out of your bill.

hope that answers that

ah yes, call quality is fantastic with localphone, its like talking to someone on the same network in the same country.

Eh, Just got a text there while on edge coverage, Saying I had a voicemail, Checked and it was UPC about 2 minutes before, It seems I can't receive calls while on edge either :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

This is a common problem I had with my iphone 2g. When using EDGE data it is not possible to make/receive calls at the same time. It happened to me on meteor, Im assuming Vodafone have the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is a common problem I had with my iphone 2g. When using EDGE data it is not possible to make/receive calls at the same time. It happened to me on meteor, Im assuming Vodafone have the same problem.
    This is not a problem with the phone or the network, it's a technical limitation of 2G - EDGE and GPRS. It's simply incapable of doing two things at once, the protocol was never designed to do that, so it will never be "fixed".

I'm on a 3GS, is there any fix available?

Edit: Just seen the other post, that's alright, Then glad it's not an issue with three/iPhone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Eh, Just got a text there while on edge coverage, Saying I had a voicemail, Checked and it was UPC about 2 minutes before, It seems I can't receive calls while on edge either :(

I've got calls before from UPC going straight through to voicemail. AFAIK it's they way they do some of their outbound calls, reminding of installation times etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

hi
    i recently bought the iphone 4 and am having serious issues with the signal dropping to one bar when holding the phone,pretty much no internet most of the time and dropped calls,calls taking ages to go through or failing altogether.

i rang cs and they told me to update via itunes and it would sort this out.
    i did and it didnt basically.
    i live in galway city and if its this bad in the city im dreading how bad it will get.
    this is a business phone so i cant afford any messing around.
    should i return it and go back to o2?
    any advice would be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Does one of the free Three add-ons include free text abroad? I got my bill and noticed I'm being charged for SMSs outside Ireland (hadn't realised that, oops).

Also, what's the workaround to avoid being charged for ringing voicemail?

Cheers,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

hi
    i recently bought the iphone 4 and am having serious issues with the signal dropping to one bar when holding the phone,pretty much no internet most of the time and dropped calls,calls taking ages to go through or failing altogether.

i rang cs and they told me to update via itunes and it would sort this out.
    i did and it didnt basically.
    i live in galway city and if its this bad in the city im dreading how bad it will get.
    this is a business phone so i cant afford any messing around.
    should i return it and go back to o2?
    any advice would be helpful

I was in Galway and Salthil a few weeks back and had no issues with the signal, even tethered my iPad from the phone. Could be a faulty iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

naasrd wrote: »
    I was in Galway and Salthil a few weeks back and had no issues with the signal, even tethered my iPad from the phone. Could be a faulty iPhone.

well i'll be calling cs again tomorrow to see what they say.
    also i got a etxt during the week in france saying i had been charged for roaming costs,something like 11 euro for one google search!
    now im sure i was told it was going to be free but i was wary of using it anyway but in this one instance i needed something urgently.

for both issues it will be interesting to see what they have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

also i got a etxt during the week in france saying i had been charged for roaming costs,something like 11 euro for one google search!
    now im sure i was told it was going to be free but i was wary of using it anyway but in this one instance i needed something urgently.

Data roaming is inluded as part or your allowance only when connected to other 3 networks more info on their help about Data Roaming

Included countries are
    # 3 UK

# 3 Italy

# 3 Sweden

# 3 Denmark

# 3 Austria

# 3 Hong Kong

# 3 Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

seamus wrote: »
    This is not a problem with the phone or the network, it's a technical limitation of 2G - EDGE and GPRS. It's simply incapable of doing two things at once, the protocol was never designed to do that, so it will never be "fixed".

Edge data is supposed to be dropped when an incoming call occurs. I noticed this when originally working that way on Meteor with an N95.

Here's some relevant info:
    The "may not be able to receive calls" portion stems from the fact that there are two types of EDGE network types, NOM1 and NOM2. When your iPhone is connected to a NOM1 network, the data transmission will generally be interrupted, and the incoming call allowed to come through. When your iPhone is connected to a NOM2 network, however, the EDGE data transfer process cannot be interrupted, and the call will generally go to voicemail.
    Fortunately, there is a way to check whether you are connected to a NOM1 or NOM2 network. First, put your iPhone in field test mode by accessing the Phone application, tapping Keypad, then entering *3001#12345#* and pressing Call.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10115034-233.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement