Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Would you buy and then keep a car that you found to have no left indicators, just because you mostly turn right anyway??

Lol will be the only one left on 3 at this stage .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Na ill still be with em :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Have noticed since yesterday that my 3-3 calls no longer appeared to be free and instead coming out of my flexi-units.

I have just now made two fairly lengthy 3-3 calls and I can confirm that this is the case. Around 30-40 units were taken from the flexis while just 14 units have come out of my 3,000 3 units since the 01/09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

culabula wrote: »
    Have noticed since yesterday that my 3-3 calls no longer appeared to be free and instead coming out of my flexi-units.

I have just now made two fairly lengthy 3-3 calls and I can confirm that this is the case. Around 30-40 units were taken from the flexis while just 14 units have come out of my 3,000 3 units since the 01/09
    Any reason why, have no friends on three anyway !

decies wrote: »
    Any reason why, have no friends on three anyway !

Well, no apparent reason.

• Advertisement

Furthermore, have fired off 3 emails of complaint re anomalies, especially the Facetime charges and they are actually arguing the toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Hi
    i'm sure this has been answered before but am not looking through the massive post but do three charge for voicemail on all their smartphone plans or is it taken out of your units.
    Thanks

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Hi
    i'm sure this has been answered before but am not looking through the massive post but do three charge for voicemail on all their smartphone plans or is it taken out of your units.
    Thanks

Smartphone plans -YES. Classic plans, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Smartphone plans -YES. Classic plans, no.

wasnt there a number you could call to take it out of your flexi units? with a 6 somewhere in it?

Spipov wrote: »
    wasnt there a number you could call to take it out of your flexi units? with a 6 somewhere in it?

There's a star hash command that you can send to reset the voicemail so that the calls come out of your flexi-units instead. Search this forum for it. Begins with something like *5005*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Could you have broke the fair usage policy on the 3 to 3?
    * Fair usage policy of 3000 minutes per month applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Unless the 083 numbers have ported to another provider?

naasrd wrote: »
    Unless the 083 numbers have ported to another provider?

No, but the common denominator is that they were all ported FROM other providers to 3. However until a few days ago, they were all working correctly.

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Could you have broke the fair usage policy on the 3 to 3?
    * Fair usage policy of 3000 minutes per month applies

You're kidding, right? ;)

Have used 14 minutes so far this month and you're wondering if I broke the FUP?

Fup's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

an update on my problem a such
    had no reply by today despite their 24 - 48 hour claim on sunday.
    been told ny 3's cs it is not their fault that it is a problem with the ip4.
    when i told her that i had friends with the same phone and on the same network she was lost for words.
    phone being returned tomorrow.
    very poor service imo
    anyone know how to wipe all my details off the phone?

when i told her that i had friends with the same phone and on the same network she was lost for words.
    very poor service imo

complete reset in "settings".

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Looks I will be handing mine back also, as unfortunately where I live there seems to be terrible 3G reception from three (had a look at their coverage map and it is at the edge of an 'out and about' area) and having to go into airplane mode every 5 mins as the phone decides to drop out of 3G is going to annoy me no end. I am thinking of going Vodafone but I am a little worried I might experience similar issues, as 3 is just piggy backing on Vodafone, anybody know if the 3G on 2 is the same as Vodafone or are 3 just not getting as strong a signal?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

very poor service imo

I've also come to the end of my tether, excuse the pun.
    Rang Three and went through the problem again, no connecting to 3G in a good 3G network area unless Airplane mode toggled on and off, or set the operator from auto to 3G and back.
    They are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. I was told that over 2 weeks ago. They will let me know when it is fixed.
    No. They are now on notice, that in one week, 23rd Sept, if I don't have a call back to say it is fixed, I will be cancelling. I made it quite simple.
    I am not the only only suffering this problem.
    It isn't an iPhone problem, because a 3G and the 4 both suffer it, but only on the 3 Network.
    I have had the iPhone since they launched it, and have been very patient up to now, but I am paying for a service that I am not getting.
    Advised them not to even consider mention contract or anything else, or I will be on to ComReg or the Small claims court faster than they can say Three, for charging me for a service, that they have acknowledged they can't provide.
    Sanjay says he has put all that on my file (yeah, right) and that someone will call me back by the 23rd to advise me of the situation, and that if it is not fixed I can hand back the phone and walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I cant believe 3 dont have social media looking after this thread,all the other big companies do. I'm a 3 customer and have trouble with them to the point i fixed my own problem and they told me a week later they had solved the problem, in fact i had!

A big company like that should be looking after their customers better, I found this great blog post that agrees with me totally

http://www.digitalwaves.ie/index.php/socialmedia/warning-three-ie-badly-need-social-media

Sort it out 3!

They'll know about the important problems enough from people ringing them up. Why add the extra burden of having to sift through the slurry here. Would a Three rep posting "We're aware of the problem, working on it" really bring you peace of mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Has anyone actually got the lack of edge connectivity issue resolved?

I'm currently waiting for tech support to get in contact with me to tell me they've fixed it, I've been waiting a week now though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got the lack of edge connectivity issue resolved?

I'm currently waiting for tech support to get in contact with me to tell me they've fixed it, I've been waiting a week now though.

Edge? If you mean GPRS, the guy I was talking to this morning thought that is what I was talking about it, and told me they are still working on the fix for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

whiterebel wrote: »
    Edge? If you mean GPRS, the guy I was talking to this morning thought that is what I was talking about it, and told me they are still working on the fix for it.

Yes, I thought it was using vodafone's edge network or something!

I'd believe that anyway, I've had a good experience so far with three's customer care, Been very prompt with issues and have made follow up calls too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just saw an O2 advertisement giving 350 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gb internet per month for JUST €60!

I have exactly the same package with 3, for €30 a month and it's a 30 day rolling contract!

How on earth can they justify the 100% extra? Rip Off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Elessar wrote: »
    I just saw an O2 advertisement giving 350 minutes, 150 texts and 2Gb internet per month for JUST €60!

I have exactly the same package with 3, for €30 a month and it's a 30 day rolling contract!

How on earth can they justify the 100% extra? Rip Off.

I'm on 60 a month with Three.
    650 flexible units. If I work that against what O2 are offering, it works out as 600 mins and 150 texts. Or 350 mins and 900 texts. Either way (if my calculations are right) it's a Mahoosive difference for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

650 flexible units. If I work that against what O2 are offering, it works out as 600 mins and 150 texts. Or 350 mins and 900 texts. Either way (if my calculations are right) it's a Mahoosive difference for sure.

Yes but can you actually use their bb service? I couldn't in cork city so I went to o2. It's an extra €20 per month for the same stuff but the service works perfectly for me so the 20 extra a month is worth the hassle free service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

corklad32 wrote: »
    Yes but can you actually use their bb service? I couldn't in cork city so I went to o2. It's an extra €20 per month for the same stuff but the service works perfectly for me so the 20 extra a month is worth the hassle free service.

I presume by bb you mean mobile internet. They are completely different things. (and i can use mine fine).

My calculations are wrong....I was working it out as a flexi-unit = 3 texts (as I was told by the guy in Three shop in Dundrum. The website tells me its actually 2 texts per unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

My calculations are wrong....I was working it out as a flexi-unit = 3 texts (as I was told by the guy in Three shop in Dundrum. The website tells me its actually 2 texts per unit.

2 texts for iPhones(/All smartphones?), 3 for the rest.

Anyone use the tethering option?
    Just wondering if light usage, web surfing will eat up the 2 gig allowance as opposed to surfing using the phone itself.
    For example would opening this page on the tethered laptop use more of my allowance than opening it on the phone?
    Any other hidden dangers?
    I can possibly think of if the laptop decided to download an update in the background while I was tethered, it would eat up the allowance.

• Advertisement

Anyone use the tethering option?
    Just wondering if light usage, web surfing will eat up the 2 gig allowance as opposed to surfing using the phone itself.
    For example would opening this page on the tethered laptop use more of my allowance than opening it on the phone?
    Any other hidden dangers?
    I can possibly think of if the laptop decided to download an update in the background while I was tethered, it would eat up the allowance.

No, you would be a long time eating it up. Besides, you can keep an eye on usage on my3/planet3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement