Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Now in Dublin, 3-3 calls are working properly again. This means that they do not work (as they should) outside the 26 counties. However a) they used to b) they do on 3Pay and c) it negates the whole notion of "3 Like Home".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

So in theory, surfing boards on the tethered laptop should use the same amount if allowance as doing so on the phone itself?
    If so, sounds good.

I'm getting more and more happy with this phone.
    Long time since I got an expensive toy and didn't suffer "buyers remorse"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

My calculations are wrong....I was working it out as a flexi-unit = 3 texts (as I was told by the guy in Three shop in Dundrum. The website tells me its actually 2 texts per unit.

If you figure in the free 333 webtexts that you can use from the phone with a Jelly/Eirtext app you're more or less right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just to update on the blocked sites people were seeing on the iphone 4 with 3. I was in contact with 3 technical broadband support.
    3 are not blocking any sites, it's safari that's doing it.
    A mate using his nokia phone on 3 was able to access all sites as well on his phone.
    Using opera bypasses the safari filter list.
    I had the same problem when the iphone was tethered to my pc but it now works ok accessing those sites with firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Just to update on the blocked sites people were seeing on the iphone 4 with 3. I was in contact with 3 technical broadband support.
    A mate using his nokia phone on 3 was able to access all sites as well on his phone.
    I had the same problem when the iphone was tethered to my pc but it now works ok accessing those sites with firefox.

If it's Safari then how come it works on Wi-Fi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

deep1 wrote: »
    If it's Safari then how come it works on Wi-Fi?

never checked that..if that's the case it seems to suggest 3 were blocking sites (i still can't access it via safari on the iphone over 3g)
    What is strange is last week I couldn't even access a particular download site with firefox when my iphone is tethered and today it works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

culabula wrote: »
    No, you would be a long time eating it up. Besides, you can keep an eye on usage on my3/planet3.
    If you use tethering you WILL use up your allowance way faster as the pages you will be viewing on your laptop will be regular pages and not mobile slimmed down ones.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I presume by bb you mean mobile internet. They are completely different things. (and i can use mine fine).
    No they're not - mobile internet is mobile broadband for all intents and purposes. The only difference will be the device you're using to view the pages and that you may view the mobile pages rather than the full pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

And safari just happens to know to send you to a Three splash page letting you know the page is blocked? It's obviously Three cock blocking the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 .stranger

Not true. I contacted 3 customer service and this is the reply I got:
    ... because ‘3’ filters out content which are restricted by IWF (Internet Watch Foundation)...

So, the DO block sites!

• Advertisement

.stranger wrote: »
    Not true. I contacted 3 customer service and this is the reply I got:
    ... because ‘3’ filters out content which are restricted by IWF (Internet Watch Foundation)...

So, the DO block sites!

Exactly.
    I was on O2 with my 3GS and now Three with the iPhone 4. Some iof the sites I regularly visited before are now blocked. Using Opera will bypass the block, pity though the browser itself is f**kin horrendous to use.

.stranger wrote: »

I think they are censoring more than just IWF Blacklisted sites though. I use NoDq for some UFC news and that is blocked by Three. Can't imagine why. And there's been quite a few others I've been puzzled to find out are blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

corklad32 wrote: »
    No they're not - mobile internet is mobile broadband for all intents and purposes. The only difference will be the device you're using to view the pages and that you may view the mobile pages rather than the full pages

Lol, they either are, or they aren't. This is one of those cases where they aren't .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

I just rang cc about the 3G connectivity issues. As far as the tech support guy was concerned the problem that most iPhone 4 users were reporting is their handsets not connecting to 3G at all - be it manually or automatically. I told him he had got it wrong and told him about this thread, supposedly he is a member of boards.ie and has commented on this thread?

He says that the issues I'm experiencing (dropping 3G connectivity and not automatically reconnecting - needing to toggle airplane mode etc) are unique to my handset. Rubbish. Looks like I will be switching back to meteor after all

Edit: forgot to mention, he also said to ask everyone with the same issue to call cc so they have it on file that more than one user is reporting the issue. Very poor customer care team if you ask me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    I just rang cc about the 3G connectivity issues. As far as the tech support guy was concerned the problem that most iPhone 4 users were reporting is their handsets not connecting to 3G at all - be it manually or automatically. I told him he had got it wrong and told him about this thread, supposedly he is a member of boards.ie and has commented on this thread?

He says that the issues I'm experiencing (dropping 3G connectivity and not automatically reconnecting - needing to toggle airplane mode etc) are unique to my handset. Rubbish. Looks like I will be switching back to meteor after all

Edit: forgot to mention, he also said to ask everyone with the same issue to call cc so they have it on file that more than one user is reporting the issue. Very poor customer care team if you ask me.

Supposed to be moving CS back to Ireland, but they won't have much to hold onto if they leave it in India for too much longer. They do try and are very nice, but clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

whiterebel wrote: »
    Supposed to be moving CS back to Ireland, but they won't have much to hold onto if they leave it in India for too much longer. They do try and are very nice, but clueless.
    And they are so hard to understand! Most of the time they repeat themselves over and over. I hope they do move their support back to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I use NoDq for some UFC news and that is blocked by Three

It's not blocked by 3, works fine on a Galaxy S over 3G, must be unique to the iphone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

anyone else asked for a €150 six month deposit for the iphone 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

Hi Guys , thanks god I found this forum.
    I have just bought the i phone 4 from three on an 18 month contract and living in Firhouse Dublin.
    I can get on 3gs but the signal is so poor that it then knocks off back to 3 g and I have to go into aerplane mode to turn back on.
    I really dont have an problem as I use wifi mostly at home.
    In the city centre today and it dropped 4/5 times back to 2g.
    I rang CC tonight who tell me i have to bring it to phone menders in sandyford to have it tested, if it comes back that is is normal , what do I do.
    Do I suffer from haveing no 3gs and where would I stand if I was to go back in2 the store ask for a refund and go over to 02 ipone 3gs and If I did is the 3gs network any better.
    I also borrowed a new apple cover to avoid the "grip of death".
    We should not have to tolerate these problems with the advent of new technology.
    Anyone have any advise, by the way I love the iphone4, im officially a iphone abuser, thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

NoDq works fine on iPhone 3Gs on BOB 15 with Internet mini add on.

Doom wrote: »
    anyone else asked for a €150 six month deposit for the iphone 4

My sister was asked for 200 for 3 months. It's to do with credit rating risks.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    NoDq works fine on iPhone 3Gs on BOB 15 with Internet mini add on.

Just checked again, and it's def blocked on my 4. Goes to the Three splash screen thing.

Just checked again, and it's def blocked on my 4. Goes to the Three splash screen thing.

Must be an apple thing, it 100% works over 3G.

My sister was asked for 200 for 3 months. It's to do with credit rating risks.

The iphone is notorious for deposits on all networks, SGS would be a safer choice if you wanted to avoid a deposit but still wanted a smartphone.

Can one of the mods make this a sticky? Given the view count and responses I guess it fits the criteria?

Must be an apple thing, it 100% works over 3G.

Apple don't block sites.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Apple don't block sites.

What do you think it is then, it works on every phone besides the iphone 4.

3 aren't blocking it so somebody must be.

What do you think it is then, it works on every phone besides the iphone 4.

3 aren't blocking it so somebody must be.

Just went to it on wi-fi, worked, on 3G, no go, went to the three splashpage, Three are blocking it.

• Advertisement

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Just went to it on wi-fi, worked, on 3G, no go, went to the three splashpage, Three are blocking it.

What phone are you using?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement