Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

What phone are you using?

iPhone 4. But again, that doesn't matter, three are blocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

rivalius13 wrote: »

hard to say who's blocking it...I got through to the L2 guy today and he said three are only blokcing certain sites (exremely flash heavy sites) but he could confirm that the site I was trying to access was definitely not on the list.
    both myself and my mate are on three...he was able to open a page with the built in browser on a nokia e73 or something which I couldn't open with safari on the iphone4...but I could open it with opera..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

There's absolutely no chance that Apple are blocking sites through Safari.
    Almost every good or bad thing that Apple does gets blown out of proportion.
    Half the Internet (especially Gizmodo) would be up in arms if Apple were blocking websites on the iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Lads, it's not the iPhone 4 blocking it, any phone on an iPhone 4 contract will be blocked, but if I put my sim into an iPhone 4 it would work, And im pretty sure if I put a 3 iPhone 4 contract sim into my 3Gs they'll be blocked too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So it works on other 3 phones but not the iphone 4. Theres no way are blocking these sights for iphone 4 unless someone has asked them to, and what meglomaniac of a company woulf ld do such a thing?
    Do these sights work on a voda or 02 iphone 4 contract, did anyone get the iphone 4 as an upgrade from 3, have they the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

So it works on other 3 phones but not the iphone 4. Theres no way are blocking these sights for iphone 4 unless someone has asked them to, and what meglomaniac of a company woulf ld do such a thing?
    Do these sights work on a voda or 02 iphone 4 contract, did anyone get the iphone 4 as an upgrade from 3, have they the same problem?

I'm just saying from what I've read here it seems specific to anyone using the iPhone 4 contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

rivalius13 wrote: »

Three block a rake of sites, especially for PAYG accounts, as they can't automatically verify the age of the owner. Checked on my x10mini and it's blocked as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Three block a rake of sites, especially for PAYG accounts, as they can't automatically verify the age of the owner. Checked on my x10mini and it's blocked as well.
    3 don.t block sites for 3pay customers anymore. The need to age verify was lifted over a year ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Walkman wrote: »
    3 don.t block sites for 3pay customers anymore. The need to age verify was lifted over a year ago

Are you sure about that? Here is a thread to which you replied execatly a year ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678590&page=2

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    hard to say who's blocking it...I got through to the L2 guy today and he said three are only blokcing certain sites (exremely flash heavy sites) but he could confirm that the site I was trying to access was definitely not on the list.
    both myself and my mate are on three...he was able to open a page with the built in browser on a nokia e73 or something which I couldn't open with safari on the iphone4...but I could open it with opera..

It's not hard to say who's blocking it, it's three. There literally is no other group who could be (Without a REALLY outlandish explanation)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That's not what I'm finding right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

They do still block sites, If I remember correctly a rep from three posted in this thread saying that the internet restrictions will be eased over the coming months (which isn't good enough anyways)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

corklad32 wrote: »
    Can one of the mods make this a sticky? Given the view count and responses I guess it fits the criteria?

Hardly a need though, given the traffic it gets its never that far from the top. I suppose I should really start using the "follow thread" yoke for such threads that I check a lot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

It is 3 blocking it. One of their l2 engineers told me that a month ago they were looking to removed the filter completely. It was total bull**** every tenth site I went to was blocked. I was on the bill pay ip 4 on 3. I'm now on o2 ip 4 billpay 3 weeks - I have yet to encounter a blocked site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

corklad32 wrote: »
    Can one of the mods make this a sticky? Given the view count and responses I guess it fits the criteria?

We have enough stickies as-is.

vinnycoyne wrote: »

Grassy ass. I ****ing hate stickies, except in a few rare cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

vinnycoyne wrote: »

Too right and this thread is posted in all the time so its always on front page :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Silly maybe, but everyone has checked to ensure there are no restrictions setup using Safari?

Sorry guys I ment they don't block anymore sites for prepay over bill pay anymore (the need to age verify prepay was got rid of ages ago). I do believe they are blocking some sites though for all customers. Sorry for the confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can someone list the sites that are blocked. I have never found a blocked site on my phone all the time i've been with them. The UFC site is not blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Just about to take the plunge for the iPhone 4 with Three. Is the signal/reception problem only an issue on some of iPhones and either way, buying it from Three, will I be eligible to apply for a free "bumper" case under Apple's Bumber scheme, using the downloadable app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Compudaro wrote: »
    Just about to take the plunge for the iPhone 4 with Three. Is the signal/reception problem only an issue on some of iPhones and either way, buying it from Three, will I be eligible to apply for a free "bumper" case under Apple's Bumber scheme, using the downloadable app?

The signal/reception was a lot of hot air. You can still get the free bumper until Sept 30th so you'd want to hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    I just rang cc about the 3G connectivity issues. As far as the tech support guy was concerned the problem that most iPhone 4 users were reporting is their handsets not connecting to 3G at all - be it manually or automatically. I told him he had got it wrong and told him about this thread, supposedly he is a member of boards.ie and has commented on this thread?

He says that the issues I'm experiencing (dropping 3G connectivity and not automatically reconnecting - needing to toggle airplane mode etc) are unique to my handset. Rubbish. Looks like I will be switching back to meteor after all

Edit: forgot to mention, he also said to ask everyone with the same issue to call cc so they have it on file that more than one user is reporting the issue. Very poor customer care team if you ask me.
    I have the exact same issue. Do I just ring 1913 to add my complaint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

naasrd wrote: »
    The signal/reception was a lot of hot air. You can still get the free bumper until Sept 30th so you'd want to hurry.
    You can still get the bumpers after that if you contact Apple customer care directly, they're just stopping the automatic application app and removing the option to get anything other than the official bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

there not great

Can someone list the sites that are blocked. I have never found a blocked site on my phone all the time i've been with them. The UFC site is not blocked.

To echo Drunkmonkey I just went onto the UFC site through my iPhone 4 with no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Haven't tried recently, but this was blocked: www.binrev.com.

To echo Drunkmonkey I just went onto the UFC site through my iPhone 4 with no problem

The UFC site works fine, the site that doesn't is nodq.com, which the other guy was complaining about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Sikipedia is also blocked over 3G but not WiFi
    There's been quite a few I just can't think of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Urbandictionary was another and also xtube

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement