Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

silvine wrote: »
    Wat kind of speeds shud I expect on three using the speedtest.net app?

I get on average 2.7Mbps download and 1.4 upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Walkman wrote: »
    I get on average 2.7Mbps download and 1.4 upload

I got similar results (about 2.5Mbps down and 1.5 up) on Three with a Nexus One. Repeating the same test on Vodafone I get 5Mbps download and 1.3 upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm getting an average of 0.6 Mbps download and 0.3 upload. Unless things improve I'll be sending it back. I'm downloading the latest update so hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

2.39 download, but only 0.29 upload,

That's not good is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

I just received an phone settings update on my iphone 4 on three. anyone know exactly what the update was?? Hopefully it gets rid of the annoying call forwarding symbol that appears occasionally in the top corner of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

mossyhayes wrote: »
    I just received an phone settings update on my iphone 4 on three. anyone know exactly what the update was?? Hopefully it gets rid of the annoying call forwarding symbol that appears occasionally in the top corner of the screen.

Yes, it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

mossyhayes wrote: »

Be helpful if u told what ur settings were and what they were updated too !!

I only got that symbol for the first time last night.did a reboot and got the warning about the face time calls !!

Not getting my free 3 to 3 calls either
    Yet another long phone call to cs due now !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

any update on the losing 3g / switch to airplane mode thing? Pain in the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

rymus wrote: »
    any update on the losing 3g / switch to airplane mode thing? Pain in the balls.

I had a flurry of it happening yesterday morning then it stopped and hasn't happened since. Very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

only reason I ask is that I can make it happen by getting into the lift at home and losing signal altogether. so it happens to me about three times a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Russell_James

I noticed there today that the trade in finishes on Friday. Thinking about going for it. I have a iPhone 3g, but a few problems which I may face and I am wondering if anyone here could answer wether or not it will affect my trade in

My iPhone is unlocked and jailbroken
    I bought the iPhone on O2UK in Newry
    The home button no longer works- instead i had to install an application from Cydia to have an alternative for it.

Anyone know if this will be problematic for me?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

How much do they give as trades in for 3g's normally? Id say they have a quick check first

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

I noticed there today that the trade in finishes on Friday. Thinking about going for it. I have a iPhone 3g, but a few problems which I may face and I am wondering if anyone here could answer wether or not it will affect my trade in

My iPhone is unlocked and jailbroken
    I bought the iPhone on O2UK in Newry
    The home button no longer works- instead i had to install an application from Cydia to have an alternative for it.

Anyone know if this will be problematic for me?
    Cheers

all they did with mine was make a phone call off it! didnt matter what network it was on? then they just make sure there is no cracks in the screen other then that they take it! just dont mention its jailbroken! they wont notice and give it to them with the screen open and on stay open (no time limit and you should be fine! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Crazy ol' 3 are getting, well, crazier by the day.

My account renews on the first of each month, which is handy and I had about 1,3Gb of my bundle left when I rang them today to switch from the free Europe add-on to the free 2GB add-on which only launches next month.

Imagine my surprise when they could not have been more helpful or obliging and told me there was no need to wait for 01/10 and that it would be live within 8 hours.

Well, there was no need to wait 8 hours either: it IS live now AND they have also renewed my 2Gb bundle - so as of right now, am back up to 4,1Gb, which presumably will renew again on the 1st.

Happy days -they're not so bad after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Woohoo. Only 1,461 posts to get a good comment on 3. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

culabula wrote: »

My account renews on the first of each month, which is handy and I had about 1,3Gb of my bundle left when I rang them today to switch from the free Europe add-on to the free 2GB add-on which only launches next month.

Imagine my surprise when they could not have been more helpful or obliging and told me there was no need to wait for 01/10 and that it would be live within 8 hours.

Well, there was no need to wait 8 hours either: it IS live now AND they have also renewed my 2Gb bundle - so as of right now, am back up to 4,1Gb, which presumably will renew again on the 1st.

Yes they are , that's the only way they can keep the customers they have left happy is to be a bit flexible with there ad on's ect , seeing as how they can't fix the many issues that the vast majority if the customers have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just did the same...all done over the phone and I now have 4.6gb a month :D
    sky sports mobile will take care of that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Sc@recrow wrote: »

I did that yesterday and was given extra 2gb but that was taken off today so be careful what you do for at least a day.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

will do...I think my account is normally reset around this time so I should be ok...will keep an eye on it just to make sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

That 30euro per month smartphone plan looks very tempting, although I'm on 3Pay and happily only spending €20 per month at present so I'll stick with it for a few more months and see how it goes. Nice to have the option...

• Advertisement

can someone tell me if voice mail is taken out of my felxiunits? or is it free?
    thanks

Sc@recrow wrote: »

4.6? How did you manage that? I only got 4.1.

sophie1234 wrote: »
    can someone tell me if voice mail is taken out of my felxiunits? or is it free?
    thanks

On smartphone tariffs it's anything but free. Other tariffs use flexi-units.

Get Hullomail app when it's released in Ireland.

deep1 wrote: »
    I did that yesterday and was given extra 2gb but that was taken off today so be careful what you do for at least a day.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.

Mine is still there: 4.1Gb.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Woohoo. Only 1,461 posts to get a good comment on 3. ;)

Ah no, I have often commented favourably on them. I have no real problems with them and they are the only all-Ireland network for me.

Mine is still there: 4.1Gb.

Great, Mine was something different.
    Rang them yesterday about the problem connecting to secure sites and tech guy added 2gb add-on to give me full access and that was gone this morning.
    On the other side i am able to browse any site from phone, they lifted the access for me.

On smartphone tariffs it's anything but free. Other tariffs use flexi-units.

Get Hullomail app when it's released in Ireland.

What do u mean I've an iPhone 4 on the 40euro a month option how much extra will it cost me to check voice mail? Have to say I'm having no problems with 3 but if I've to pay a silly amount for voice mail I will begin to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

sophie1234 wrote: »
    What do u mean I've an iPhone 4 on the 40euro a month option how much extra will it cost me to check voice mail? Have to say I'm having no problems with 3 but if I've to pay a silly amount for voice mail I will begin to!

15c a minute. But HulloMail, when it arrives, will put an end to that.

naasrd wrote: »
    15c a minute. But HulloMail, when it arrives, will put an end to that.

Not only that, but this new Irish-tailored version, is even better than the US/UK version.

• Advertisement

Or try other alternative method posted here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996158&highlight=voicemail

Comes out of flexi units.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement