Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

culabula wrote: »
    Not only that, but this new Irish-tailored version, is even better than the US/UK version.

Cool thanks so seems if I check my voice mail for now I'll be going over my plan! Pain! Haha! When's the hulomail coming to Ireland and what does it do? Will it use data? Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just had a call from 3. They say they are still waiting a fix from VF for the 3G and GPRS problem. He did say something strange, however. I'm still on the original sim-only relax 350 plan, and he said that I will need to move to a flex plan before the GPRS switching will happen?? This is bull**it surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just had a call from 3. They say they are still waiting a fix from VF for the 3G and GPRS problem. He did say something strange, however. I'm still on the original sim-only relax 350 plan, and he said that I will need to move to a flex plan before the GPRS switching will happen?? This is bull**it surely?

Sure as hell smells of it. A fix should not discriminate on your plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

@Whiterebel: What's the 3G and Vodafone GPRS issue?

Anyone else in Maynooth or Celbridge area experiencing very slow connection speeds during the day (less than 0.5mb) and finding their phone keeps going in and out of coverage when indoors? I didn't have the coverage issue with my old Nokia so is it specific to the iphone?

I was on the technical support yesterday (a nightmare to deal with, if I've to give my name, address and date of birth one more time....) and he said the network is congested in this area. The only time I can get download speeds beyond 1mb is after midnight. Thank god I have a reliable DSL connection, I'd hate to think what Three mobile broadband is like.

I told them about this thread; they said they know and that in their experience only people having problems post on threads like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

deep1 wrote: »
    Great, Mine was something different.
    Rang them yesterday about the problem connecting to secure sites and tech guy added 2gb add-on to give me full access and that was gone this morning.
    On the other side i am able to browse any site from phone, they lifted the access for me.

do you have any examples of such a site that I can use?
    I see mine is blocked again.. and not a pron site :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

whiterebel wrote: »

Hi,

Sorry to be dim, but I'm trying to figure this out for my g/f who just got the iPhone. She is only able to get data/connect to the net when she has 3g. She doesn't ever get the circle symbol which apparently means 2g connection.

Is that the issue you're talking about?

I've been reading this thread on and off, but it's absolutely massive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Does anyone know of an add on for unlimited data on best of both?

jsut been onto tech for the last 30 mins or so and got it sorted out with access to that particulare ware site I wanted..
    Three weren't blocking it but for some reason switched airplane mode on and then off after 10 seconds lets me view that page...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

silvine wrote: »
    @Whiterebel: What's the 3G and Vodafone GPRS issue?

Anyone else in Maynooth or Celbridge area experiencing very slow connection speeds during the day (less than 0.5mb) and finding their phone keeps going in and out of coverage when indoors? I didn't have the coverage issue with my old Nokia so is it specific to the iphone?

I was on the technical support yesterday (a nightmare to deal with, if I've to give my name, address and date of birth one more time....) and he said the network is congested in this area. The only time I can get download speeds beyond 1mb is after midnight. Thank god I have a reliable DSL connection, I'd hate to think what Three mobile broadband is like.

I told them about this thread; they said they know and that in their experience only people having problems post on threads like this.

3G issue - "Drops" 3G signal, usually for me when I leave the house WiFi, but it can happen anywhere. It then seems to forget to go to 3G. Toggling Airplane mode on and off doesn't seem to work any more, I need to go into the carrier settings, change from automatic back to 3G and back to automatic again.
    GPRS issue - When in a blackspot for 3's 3G signla, they have an agreement with VF to provide GPRS service for data, shown on the phone as a blue circle beside the 3 symbol. Mine doesn't ever go to the blue symbol.

Just off the phone to 2nd Tier iPhone support (AT last!!!!!) to a really nice guy, who went through the steps again, just so he can escalate on to Network support. He'll call me back Saturday or Monday to update me, depending on the working hours for the network department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Page 100

WOOT \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Three rule, btw:D

• Advertisement

I have the 10gb data add on. If I have 2gb left at the end of the month, will I have 12gb next month or just 10? I am on best of both. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    I have the 10gb data add on. If I have 2gb left at the end of the month, will I have 12gb next month or just 10? I am on best of both. Thanks in advance!

10Gb with whom?

10Gb with whom?
    What do you mean? I am with three Ireland, if that's what you mean.

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    What do you mean? I am with three Ireland, if that's what you mean.

Yes, of course you are. Forgive me, I just had senior moment number 457.

No, I regret there will be no rollover -3 never do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Is the 10gb add-on a substitute for people instead of purchasing a separate dongle for their laptop?

Is the 10gb add-on a substitute for people instead of purchasing a separate dongle for their laptop?
    Well I'm getting the 10gb add on and using MyWi to connect myself and 3 of the lads in class to our laptops. You just need to be careful - Windows has a habit of downloading updates in the background without telling you. This is usually good but not so much when you have 4 people using one connection capped at 10gb for one month :)

Yeah that's what has me worried about using the tethering. I'd only ever be using it for a few hours, maybe 3 times a week, so I wouldn't get the 10gb, but I am tempted to use it for a few days toasted the end of my bill cycle and see just how heavy it is on my data allowance.

On another note, I wouldn't like the idea of 3 mates piggybacking my connection. If they were to do something illegal while on that connection, it would leave you liable would it not?
    Probably my paranoia going into overdrive, but I wont even let mates or family use my laptop and only the Mrs is allowed the key for the home wifi

On another note, I wouldn't like the idea of 3 mates piggybacking my connection. If they were to do something illegal while on that connection, it would leave you liable would it not?
    Probably my paranoia going into overdrive, but I wont even let mates or family use my laptop and only the Mrs is allowed the key for the home wifi
    Well they're paying me a fiver each for the privelage so it's grand by me. €5 each for 10gb (3.3 each) isn't too bad considering 3 want a fiver for 500mb.

As for the illegal activities - I'm not too sure about that but sure it'll be grand :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Guys can anyone give me Eircom email settings please. Been trying to set this up for ages but can't seem to get the correct ones anywhere on line or off 3 or Eircom........thanks!

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    Guys can anyone give me Eircom email settings please. Been trying to set this up for ages but can't seem to get the correct ones anywhere on line or off 3 or Eircom........thanks!
    You're still using Eircom email??

Your best bet is to set up a gmail and set it to retrieve your Eircom emails... otherwise try this http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=198&E=0000000000260592529&K=1821&SXI=2&E=0000000000260592529&St=198&K=1821&SXI=2&case=6736&branch=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Cheers Jakmeehan

Walkman wrote: »

Under the incoming mail server

Host name is... mail1.eircom.net
    Your username
    Your Password

Under outgoing mail server

SMTP is.... mail-relay.3ireland.ie

another quick question does facetime use my minutes or is it free because its over wifi?????

sophie1234 wrote: »
    another quick question does facetime use my minutes or is it free because its over wifi?????

Correct, it's free. Bypasses all national borders too. Call anyone, anywhere for nowt. As long as you have access to wifi.

Correct, it's free. Bypasses all national borders too. Call anyone, anywhere for nowt. As long as you have access to wifi.

but obvously they have to have an iphone 4 also#?

but obvously they have to have an iphone 4 also#?

correct..I don't think the 3gs has a front facing camera

but obvously they have to have an iphone 4 also?

Well, yep, that's the deal. At time of writing. Or one of the new iPod touch models.

But rumour persists that Apple will open up Facetime to other devices and software such as iChat or whatever Windows peeps use.

Well, yep, that's the deal. At time of writing. Or one of the new iPod touch models.

But rumour persists that Apple will open up Facetime to other devices and software such as iChat or whatever Windows peeps use.

oh i hope they open it to ichat i herd that it will soon run onto computers also so hoping it does would be dead handy!!!

• Advertisement

Doesn't the new itouch have facetime as well?

edit: yes it does..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement