Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

three should give ya one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭donkey balls

guil wrote: »
    three should give ya one

i asked them about one and they did not know what i was talking about:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

is there any better plans out with the iphone on other networks? as im still in my 2 week period after buying the contract and i dont think three's deals are that good, vodafone have a deal for 6 months od double minutes and texts for 60 euro pm plan onwards.. thats better then three.

Bonus minutes and texts for 6 months
    New to Vodafone? To celebrate the launch of the iPhone 4 with Vodafone - Ireland's fastest data network - we're offering all new customers bonus minutes and texts on the following plans for 6 months*
    PCA+ 300 will get 400 minutes and 400 texts extra free per month = 700 of each in total
    PCA+ 500 will get 600 minutes & 600 texts extra free per month = 1100 of each in total
    PCA+ 700 will get 600 minutes & 600 texts extra free per month = 1300 of each in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

I was with three for about a week ... biggest mistake of my life. However, due to the fact that a 14 day cancel notice was in my contract, I managed to get myself and the gf away from three and to vodafone.

I know the 200 euro advance was a pain, and also the phones are a bit more expensive with vodafone, but at least I had a 3G signal 99% of the time, as opposed to 10% of the time with three.

To be fair, the customer service with three was fine. Turns out that neither myself nor the gf have to pay anything for the week that we used the phones with three.

so do be forewarned ... don't stray from the devil you know!

yeah i get ya, im trying to think weather to stay with three or move to o2 or VF, i just find that the text part of the plan is killing me and its starting to eat the flexi unitis since most of the friends are on o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Log-on wrote: »
    yeah i get ya, im trying to think weather to stay with three or move to o2 or VF, i just find that the text part of the plan is killing me and its starting to eat the flexi unitis since most of the friends are on o2

use eirtext then ...allows you another 300 webtexts free...well worth the money..there's a free version as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Did you get your free add on? There's a few nice ones to choose from; 150 weekend and evening minutes, free landline calls etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    use eirtext then ...allows you another 300 webtexts free...well worth the money..there's a free version as well

333, in fact. That saves a bunch of flexi-units for voice.

naasrd wrote: »
    Did you get your free add on? There's a few nice ones to choose from; 150 weekend and evening minutes, free landline calls etc.

Yeah i got the text all but its only 150 texts. Considering id use that in around 5 days its not good like. i was on payg with o2 and besides calls 20 euro was lasting me alot longer. the prob is i need calls to use the phone for some business calls during the week but i primarily use texts for the friends etc.

Mr.S wrote: »
    how do you check if your add on has been applied? I selected the 150 free texts when signing up, but i can't see it anywhere in "my3"

i just log on to my3 on the iphone and go to usage and it says there

• Advertisement

how do you check if your add on has been applied? I selected the 150 free texts when signing up, but i can't see it anywhere in "my3"

My3/my account/accountdetails

Yeah i got the text all but its only 150 texts. Considering id use that in around 5 days its not good like. i was on payg with o2 and besides calls 20 euro was lasting me alot longer. the prob is i need calls to use the phone for some business calls during the week but i primarily use texts for the friends etc.

Then using the 333 webtexts will give you another ten days usage bringing you up to 15 days.

Hmm. "add ons empty"

So this means I don't have it right? I remember the girl telling me that the free add ons would only kick in at a certain date - has that happened yet, or should I give them a call?

yeah mine started last thurs when i got the phone instore

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

is there any better plans out with the iphone on other networks? as im still in my 2 week period after buying the contract and i dont think three's deals are that good, vodafone have a deal for 6 months od double minutes and texts for 60 euro pm plan onwards.. thats better then three.

Bonus minutes and texts for 6 months
    New to Vodafone? To celebrate the launch of the iPhone 4 with Vodafone - Ireland's fastest data network - we're offering all new customers bonus minutes and texts on the following plans for 6 months*
    PCA+ 300 will get 400 minutes and 400 texts extra free per month = 700 of each in total
    PCA+ 500 will get 600 minutes & 600 texts extra free per month = 1100 of each in total
    PCA+ 700 will get 600 minutes & 600 texts extra free per month = 1300 of each in total

3's deal isn't that good? VF only looks good because of the bonus for 6 months. Have you figured out how much each is going to cost over the full 18 months?

whiterebel wrote: »
    3's deal isn't that good? VF only looks good because of the bonus for 6 months. Have you figured out how much each is going to cost over the full 18 months?

Im taking purely over the texting angle. other wise the three deal is great i know that.

Hmm. "add ons empty"

So this means I don't have it right? I remember the girl telling me that the free add ons would only kick in at a certain date - has that happened yet, or should I give them a call?

No, you probably do: did you get the advice by SMS? I did but the add-on remained empty in My3. When I changed it the other day, it appeared straight away afterwards in My3.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Im taking purely over the texting angle. other wise the three deal is great i know that.

Certainly didn't come across that way on your original post. Do you have a link for the offer? I can't find it on their website.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Certainly didn't come across that way on your original post. Do you have a link for the offer? I can't find it on their website.

http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone/switch/

i know three does unlimited 3 to 3 calls but does that include texts?

http://www.vodafone.ie/iphone/switch/

i know three does unlimited 3 to 3 calls but does that include texts?

Maybe I'm being thick here, but doesn't that say it was up to 30/8/2010?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

You were tking about the voda 60e package, so I presume that's the one you would consider for three, too.
    650 flexi's = 1300 texts, plus 150 as add on = 1450, plus 333 webtexts =1788 texts a month. You said 150 would do you for 5 days, so 900 should do you in a 30 day month. Seems a no brainer to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

culabula wrote: »
    My3/my account/accountdetails

My3 - Check My Usage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm on the Flexmax €30 a month plan. Why does the My3 "check my usage" page show a "Current Spend" of €1.04? I haven't gone outside my allocated units...

Elessar wrote: »
    I'm on the Flexmax €30 a month plan. Why does the My3 "check my usage" page show a "Current Spend" of €1.04? I haven't gone outside my allocated units...

pretty much

Jimdagym wrote: »
    You were tking about the voda 60e package, so I presume that's the one you would consider for three, too.
    650 flexi's = 1300 texts, plus 150 as add on = 1450, plus 333 webtexts =1788 texts a month. You said 150 would do you for 5 days, so 900 should do you in a 30 day month. Seems a no brainer to me....

Yes but that fact i need to use units for calls also.

If you recently signed up this is a pro rats charge from the date you signed up until your monthly billing cycle kicked in. It won't clear off My 3 until your payment hits your 3 account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Walkman wrote: »
    If you recently signed up this is a pro rats charge from the date you signed up until your monthly billing cycle kicked in. It won't clear off My 3 until your payment hits your 3 account

Ah ok, will I be charged it though?

Walkman wrote: »
    My3 - Check My Usage

Under "check my usage" I have mobile data, 3-3 calls, Flexiunits remaining and current spend. No mention of add-ons. I have to go into account details for that as previously posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Yes but that fact i need to use units for calls also.
    But thats the beauty of 3!! You need 900 a month. If you use your add on and your web texts, that leaves about 450 flexiunits for calls, and that is loads. Its the only one you can do it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Ah ok, will I be charged it though?

Current spend is outside your bundle. This happened to me and it turned out to be Voicemail charges and a FaceTime activation text.

• Advertisement

culabula wrote: »
    Under "check my usage" I have mobile data, 3-3 calls, Flexiunits remaining and current spend. No mention of add-ons. I have to go into account details for that as previously posted.

Strange......my add on appears under check my usage as Evening and Weekend Calls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement