Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Elessar wrote: »
    Ah ok, will I be charged it though?

Yes you will get charged. Say you on a €30 per month plan. You sign up today and your billing cycle starts Tuesday you'll see a €2 charge under 'Since your last bill you've spent' this gets added onto your bill for your usage for the two days until your billing cycle starts.
    Figures are not exact only an example. Your 1st bill is always a couple of euro over your tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

hi all i just ordered one with three does anyone know where i can get a micro sim adaptor.

I ordered this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.40832

$2.50 and free shipping.

Be warned though Dealextreme deliveries take ages, I wouldn't be relying on them if you need it urgently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Hi, quick question - a phone symbol with an arrow pointing right has appeared on the top - what does it mean???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question - a phone symbol with an arrow pointing right has appeared on the top - what does it mean???

Go into the phone app: dial ##21# and press call.

(It's the forward calls symbol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Vodafone just rang me, i told them i had gone over to the dark side 3 :D
    O and i was happy as well. He will ring me back in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I furking hate Three.ie support .:mad::mad::mad:

Is there anyway to get the 8.0 update without updating to 4.1 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just to let everyone know.

I'm getting a good few coupons from three. If anyone is getting an iphone 4 from three, Using this coupon will give you and me 1 month free.

So anyone interested just throw me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Got the IPhone4 from 3 because they were cheap and O2 would not upgrade me even though I was out of contract. No problems at all in D1/D2/D14 with 3g and I get it all day in the office whereas could never get 3g on o2 past 10.30 in the morning.

Only have it a week but very happy so far (touch wood).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Contemplating going ahead with 3, tried switching to Vodafone and it's been nothing but a pain in the ass so far, their customer 'care' has just sent me around in circles since I ordered and paid for my iphone4.

If I just want the basics, ie be able to make/receive calls & texts, use wifi & 3G. I'm in Dublin/Kildare/Meath 99% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone from Galway or Sligo on 3? I'm on meteor at the minute and considering switching over. Data bundles and the free txts is a very good offer and better than meteors rolling contract @ €30 a month. I'm just wondering about the network itself. I've heard concerns and people talking about bad customer care, but I rarely have a reason to get in contact with them, so just wondering about coverage and 3G in these ares. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i got mine yesterday the size of the box it comes in is unreal:eek: has to be the smallest box i ever got a phone in,anyway this is my first iphone can be people tell me does the iphone constantly have a connection to the internet at present i have a 2gb monthly allowance would the phone eat through that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

i got mine yesterday the size of the box it comes in is unreal:eek: has to be the smallest box i ever got a phone in,anyway this is my first iphone can be people tell me does the iphone constantly have a connection to the internet at present i have a 2gb monthly allowance would the phone eat through that?

No it won't eat through it. I have 2 gig a month also, and in the final week of the bill cycle I still have about 1.5gb left. And I use it a lot, though not much for YouTube which will use it up a lot faster, but still won't "eat" through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭donkey balls

thanks for that savage i still have it in the box with the plastic wrapping on it, was thinking of sending it back to three i only got it for the sake of the up grade price.
    does anyone know with the micro sim can it be used in a phone that takes the standard sim?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

thanks for that savage i still have it in the box with the plastic wrapping on it, was thinking of sending it back to three i only got it for the sake of the up grade price.
    does anyone know with the micro sim can it be used in a phone that takes the standard sim?.

not without an adapter...think they're about €5 to buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Hi all looking at moving to three but am unsure if they have roaming agreements in the likes of Abu Dhabi etc as have a brother over there. Rang three yesterday and they said I could send messages where ever I wanted but I don't know if that was just trying to make a sale.

alexmcred wrote: »
    Hi all looking at moving to three but am unsure if they have roaming agreements in the likes of Abu Dhabi etc as have a brother over there. Rang three yesterday and they said I could send messages where ever I wanted but I don't know if that was just trying to make a sale.

Did you try their website :rolleyes:
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/international/roaming-services.htm

You will be able to talk, text and send MMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Ah yes I did but said I'd still ask here anyways:rolleyes:

But thank you for your reply and the link

Your very welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

For anyone who is still experiencing a problem with not getting 2g...

My g/f bought the phone a few weeks ago and after I did a bit of checking it became apparent she had no 2g connection when 3g dropped, meaning she couldn't access the net. Having read this thread I knew that the correct thing to do was to firmly tell them that I knew of several people who had gotten this problem sorted by having their issue escalated to 'Tier 2 Technical Support' to solve a 'GPRS provisioning issue'.

They organised for a call back within 48 hours, but within 24 the issue had been solved without a call back (which we will do anyway, as they promised us some sort of refund on the weeks she hasn't had 2g and I guess they won't be contacting her to offer her something).

The next issue for me to check will be whether she's transitioning properly between 2g and 3g, but at least she now has access to 2g.

Cheers to everyone who offered good advice in this thread so far. It was a great help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

decies wrote: »
    Vodafone just rang me, i told them i had gone over to the dark side 3 :D
    O and i was happy as well. He will ring me back in a year.

in a year you'll still have 6 months left on your contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If you are in the Kildare area for the love of god don't go with Three. I can rarely, ie only realy late at night, get more than 2g which makes most apps unusable. I've filled an official complaint with them and am still waiting on a response . They might be good in other parts of the country but in maynooth, celbridge , leixlip and parts of N4 they are awful and I am even experiencing dropped calls. The horror. Avoid3 like the pox. Mates on 02 and vodafone aren't having these issues in my area. Better service is worth the cash. I'll post back if things improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Where abouts are you having the problems?

My girlfriend is in nui maynooth and thinking of changing to three. Any chance you know what it's like around there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Haven't been on campus but been all over other parts of the town and it's sloooooow. Tech support keeps telling me the network is congested which would explain why it's only usuable late at night. I'd recommend paying extra and going with a reliable provider.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

flymoll wrote: »
    I have been with three since iphone 4 launch nothing but praise for 3g coverage i have the experience of operating both O2 and Vodafone with an iphone over the last two years and in terms of price and coverage nearly always in 3g coverage. I have tethering no extra cost, lots more minutes, roaming and data in three countries etc etc won't be going anywhere and looking forward to getting my upgrade Jan 2011 (we can count months PAH lol):o

3 are going to upgrade after 5 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

flymoll wrote: »
    ... looking forward to getting my upgrade Jan 2011 (we can count months PAH lol):o

The what's that now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shanedelahunty

Considering getting iPhone 4 on Three in the Naas area. Good idea or bad idea? Anyone have any experience of their network in this area?

Has anyone got Facetime working with Three on 4.0.1 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

sharkman wrote: »
    Has anyone got Facetime working with Three on 4.0.1 ???

Yes, I'm currently on 4.0.1 and I've called my friend on FT.

• Advertisement

Kevin! wrote: »
    Yes, I'm currently on 4.0.1 and I've called my friend on FT.

Damn , It wont activate for me , Keeps sending txt's to apple and has so far racked up €26 of additional fees , I contacted 3 support they told me to reset all settings , Now I dont even have FT option available on call screen .:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement