Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

sharkman wrote: »
    Damn , It wont activate for me , Keeps sending txt's to apple and has so far racked up €26 of additional fees , I contacted 3 support they told me to reset all settings , Now I dont even have FT option available on call screen .mad.gif

If you're not jailbroken (which I am presuming you are) an update to the latest firmware can generally fix the trick.

Also, persist with three about the extra charges - I think culabula got refunded for them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep , JB for me so no update ! Three have stated that they will remove the charges when the bill comes around . The guy told me that FT wont work with 4.0.1 and I need to update , My arguement was that this is what the phone was released with and therefore should work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Considering getting iPhone 4 on Three in the Naas area. Good idea or bad idea? Anyone have any experience of their network in this area?

I was in Naas Hospital during the week in the middle of the day and I was able to get 3 Mbps. The signal in the town centre appears to be strong. That said once I left Naas it was awful. I either got 2G or 'No Coverage'.

I also got the train recently from Maynooth into Dublin city. It was 2G all the way until I got to the Phoenix Park. Then it switched to 3g. On the way home it was 3G until after I passed the Phoenix park. And 2G is just too slow for the radio apps.

Clearly 3 are providing a usable service in some area (e.g. Dublin City Centre) but in other their 3G coverage is just awful (i.e. where I live and work :mad:)

I'd be curious to hear where other posters happy/unhappy with their 3 service are using their devices?

I downloaded the Speedtest.net app to test my device in various locations. My average? 0.02 Mbps - .05 Mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Finally rang Three CS today about not getting 2g when the 3g coverage dropped. The reason I hadn't rang before was due to the stories of their woeful CS. Well F**k me, you weren't wrong. Inept doesn't even begin to cover it. And I felt bad about feeling angry at the service because the last thing I want is to be considered racist and yet it is always on my mind that it would be so much easier talking to somebody with from Ireland or britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm still waiting for the issue to be resolved, What's even worse is it's kinda of beginning to work, I managed to browse to google several times today but then it would go back to the "out of credit page?".

It hasn't happened before so they are trying. How hard, I don't know. But there is a slight improvement! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cobletts

i had never registered for boards.ie however when i saw the issues people were having three i had to get on board. i purchased an i phone 4 from a 3 store about a month ago. i have had 2 replacements since. i have sent 3 emails to the customer support team with no response. i called into the 3 store where i purchased the phone 5 times. anytime i talk to a 3 representative i am told that the issue will be dealt with. i have had so many problems with them that i actually don't think i could fit it in this page!! i am even getting furious writing this thread! so anyway in the end, i got in touch with the comm reg. and cancelled my contract! the funny thing is that after i cancelled the contract, the customer support rang me and asked if i had a problem with my handset!? in my opinion they r absolutely useless. and if anyone is considering which network to go with i strongly recommend do not go with 3!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naies02

Hello, Really need help.... Can somebody upload carrier bundle file from /system/Library/ carrier bundle.... was messing around with my iphone 4, accidentally deleted the file.... pleeeeaseeee help me......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

naies02 wrote: »
    Hello, Really need help.... Can somebody upload carrier bundle file from /system/Library/ carrier bundle.... was messing around with my iphone 4, accidentally deleted the file.... pleeeeaseeee help me......:(

Would connecting the iphone to itunes not offer you the carrier update.

Nope...connect already...even reboot...even tried reset network setting....I wont come back... just need that folder carrier bundle from /system/library/carrier bundles.... could somebody email me....pleaseee.......

Anybody? For those who have iFile, you can just browse the folder in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles.... I really need the folder.... pleaseee.... help.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

Anybody? For those who have iFile, you can just browse the folder in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles.... I really need the folder.... pleaseee.... help.....:(

Which folder do you need naise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

probably easier to replace the whole carrier bundle folder

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

silvine wrote: »
    I was in Naas Hospital during the week in the middle of the day and I was able to get 3 Mbps. The signal in the town centre appears to be strong. That said once I left Naas it was awful. I either got 2G or 'No Coverage'.

I also got the train recently from Maynooth into Dublin city. It was 2G all the way until I got to the Phoenix Park. Then it switched to 3g. On the way home it was 3G until after I passed the Phoenix park. And 2G is just too slow for the radio apps.

Clearly 3 are providing a usable service in some area (e.g. Dublin City Centre) but in other their 3G coverage is just awful (i.e. where I live and work :mad:)

I'd be curious to hear where other posters happy/unhappy with their 3 service are using their devices?

I downloaded the Speedtest.net app to test my device in various locations. My average? 0.02 Mbps - .05 Mbps.

Read the thread , 90% of peeps whos switched to three think they suck !! and the do , BIG TIME !!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Cobletts wrote: »
    i had never registered for boards.ie however when i saw the issues people were having three i had to get on board. i purchased an i phone 4 from a 3 store about a month ago. i have had 2 replacements since. i have sent 3 emails to the customer support team with no response. i called into the 3 store where i purchased the phone 5 times. anytime i talk to a 3 representative i am told that the issue will be dealt with. i have had so many problems with them that i actually don't think i could fit it in this page!! i am even getting furious writing this thread! so anyway in the end, i got in touch with the comm reg. and cancelled my contract! the funny thing is that after i cancelled the contract, the customer support rang me and asked if i had a problem with my handset!? in my opinion they r absolutely useless. and if anyone is considering which network to go with i strongly recommend do not go with 3!!!

Here here ! your dead right , Dealing with there "customer service" would make you want to jump under a bus.

guil wrote: »
    probably easier to replace the whole carrier bundle folder

Yeah, guil, you are absolutely right.
    Pah: I need the carrier bundle folder. Its in /System/Library..... You can just email me @ naies02@gmail.com (if putting my email add is prohibited, I apologize in advance....) anyways, need the folder....pleaseee anybody...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody having problem with three webtext last 24 hours. A few weren't received through jelly SMS and now eirtext pro . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

decies wrote: »
    Anybody having problem with three webtext last 24 hours. A few weren't received through jelly SMS and now eirtext pro . Thanks

No, in fact all mine are continuing to send via Jelly yet I have none left!

Sending but not receiving here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah, guil, you are absolutely right.
    Pah: I need the carrier bundle folder. Its in /System/Library..... You can just email me @ naies02@gmail.com (if putting my email add is prohibited, I apologize in advance....) anyways, need the folder....pleaseee anybody...?
    i've uploaded them but for some reason i dont think its right but its wortha try
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/RSL5pgmJ/Carrier_Bundles.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Finally rang Three CS today about not getting 2g when the 3g coverage dropped. The reason I hadn't rang before was due to the stories of their woeful CS. Well F**k me, you weren't wrong. Inept doesn't even begin to cover it. And I felt bad about feeling angry at the service because the last thing I want is to be considered racist and yet it is always on my mind that it would be so much easier talking to somebody with from Ireland or britain.
    +1!!!

• Advertisement

You're dead right. When you're outsourcing customer service to India, it usually works best when it's for emails only. No doubt the lads in India have a huge manual of information but problem is the manual is flawed and usually not up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I would think whatever savings they are making by outsourcing to India, they are losing by customers moving away

Thanks guil! will try em out! :)

Still not receiving texts send by three webtext, any body got that problem ?

Three web texts back to receiving on time this morn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

The Call Forwarding issue is back, and might actually be forwarding calls to another number when my phone is turned off. Sigh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Righto, 3 still not giving me my 25% discount, so I emailed them, and they rang me on Friday. I'm not due the discount, because I upgraded to iPhone. Fair enough, but I haven't actually changed plan to Flex yet, and I got the discount last month. Stumped my call centre friend. Then I threw the Holy hand grenade of Antioch.........Why did the upgrade Dept tell me on 2 separate occasions on the night of the launch, and the next morning, that they had been told by HQ that any agreements in place regarding special offers or discounts were to be kept in place. I know, I thought they were barmy as well. 3 are now going to check the telephone records, but I believe that will mysteriously "disappear" as I have the case number given to me by Upgrades in Waterford, and the name of the Agent I was speaking too. BTW, I have been told by 2 different sources that the Tech Support is coming to Ireland, initially Business support, then consumer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭brianhickey

Just topped up online for the first time with 3 and got €2 free. What's the deal with that, is it a new customer bonus or do you get it every time you top up online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

sanfranfan wrote: »
    Does anyone use Eirtext on their Three iPhone? Im tryimg to set it up but it keeps saying that my login has failed. I have registered with myThree. Also, where on myThree are the webtexts? I can't find them.

Haven't used eirtext, But webtext on three is a different log in then the mythee log in.

http://webtext.three.ie/login

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Waterford lass just rang me. €49 Credit (I was only due €10:p) and 15% discount, as they obviously heard me being told I was to get 25% discount.

When I mentioned I needed to go on the iPhone Classic Flex Max plan anyway, she gave me 20% discount for life which brings it to €32 per month.No €49 credit. Cushty.
    Now, if they'd only fix the bloody 3G/2G issues......:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement