Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Final update. Three cancelled my contract and set me up agian under a new contract on Friday. I didn't port my number over from O2 and I have had absolutely no problem with the phone since. Everything is working as it should be. I have excellent 3g coverage at home (far better than with O2) and the phone switches between 3G and 2G automatically without any problems. I must have just been one of the unlucky ones when it came to proting my number over. So after a week of hardship trying to get all my issues sorted I am now happy with Three. Their coverage is fine and the issue with switching from 2G to 3G seems to be resolved. Now as long as I never have to ring customer service again I will remain happy with Three:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I want to bring my one back to a Three store that's not the same place I bought it in, will they take it back do ye think? I bought it on Saturday morning in Dublin and am home in Mayo with receipts and everything, so they should, shouldn't they? Considering it's not because I've changed my mind but because of a serious flaw with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭eskimoparty

Does anyone find on three that their out of bundle prices seem to shoot up? its useless not being able to view your current spend on the site to try figure it out. My bill is up 12e this month and all i cant figure out where its coming from. All i know is that I was messing with the facetime the other eve, but other than that there is nothing I can think of. Does anyone else experience this or know what might be causing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Just back from a week in Hong Kong and have to say, having the 3 like home was incredible. Apart from being able to call home out of my minutes, the data was so handy for jumping on the net and getting directions, or anything like that. Made the holiday so much easier.
    Have to say thought, the coverage over there puts us to shame. A couple of hundred feet underground on a moving train, or halfway through a 6km cablecar ride through a mountain range, and still had 5 bar 3g:eek:. One thing I did notice though, when selecting a network there was 3, and 3 (2g). On the odd occurance og 3g being dropped, It switched network to 3(2g), which a quick aeroplane toggle brought back.

BTW, absolutely EVERYONE over there has an Iphone4. Literally around 60% of the people we saw. Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Just back from a week in Hong Kong and have to say, having the 3 like home was incredible. Apart from being able to call home out of my minutes, the data was so handy for jumping on the net and getting directions, or anything like that. Made the holiday so much easier.
    Have to say thought, the coverage over there puts us to shame. A couple of hundred feet underground on a moving train, or halfway through a 6km cablecar ride through a mountain range, and still had 5 bar 3g:eek:. One thing I did notice though, when selecting a network there was 3, and 3 (2g). On the odd occurance og 3g being dropped, It switched network to 3(2g), which a quick aeroplane toggle brought back.

BTW, absolutely EVERYONE over there has an Iphone4. Literally around 60% of the people we saw. Unreal.

just back from england and again,this 3 like home is a life/money saver.brilliant feature!!
    the coverage was unreal too,always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

brophs wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the latest carrier settings are please?

I have 8.0 but it seems a couple of people may have 8.1. Any reason why I wouldn't be offered this update when I connect to iTunes?

Thanks.

8.1 came with iOS 4.1. You'll get 9.0 with iOS 4.2. Guessing you're running an earlier version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

rivalius13 wrote: »
    8.1 came with iOS 4.1. You'll get 9.0 with iOS 4.2. Guessing you're running an earlier version.

4.1 carried 8.0, not 8.1, at least it did for the majority of people here (Inc. me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi,

I have a quick question on tethering with 3.

Is the data covered by the 2gb mobile data allowance?

Seorg.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    4.1 carried 8.0, not 8.1, at least it did for the majority of people here (Inc. me).

Apologies, I got confused, running 9.0 now, forgot what came before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

SEORG wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a quick question on tethering with 3.

Is the data covered by the 2gb mobile data allowance?

Seorg.

Yes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

i got my phone changed in the apple shop in covent garden on saturday due to wifi issues. anyone know if this phone would be an unlocked one ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 .stranger

i got my phone changed in the apple shop in covent garden on saturday due to wifi issues. anyone know if this phone would be an unlocked one ???

if they did phone swap based on IMEI (and I think they did), then you'll get the same phone lock as you did have. This will be done as a part of the phone activation process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Folks

Not sure if you've seen it but 3 are answering questions in their own Talk to Forum at http://www.boards.ie/three

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I've been regularly plugging my phone into iTunes and I haven't even been offered 8.1, let alone 9.0. Any ideas why it's different for some of us?

I've been regularly plugging my phone into iTunes and I haven't even been offered 8.1, let alone 9.0. Any ideas why it's different for some of us?

9.0 comes with iOS 4.2. I've no idea where 8.1 came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Any noticeable improvements with 9.0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mfxer

hey,

I got Iphone 4 today and I can't receive calls or texts, everything else is workin fine. I switched from meteor with my old O2 number and left the phone on because in shop guy told me that I will receive some kind a test call( didn't receive nothin he sad everything will be grand). The funniest part is that both phones are workin old one(on meteor) and Iphone(three) has same number on SIM, just Iphone can make calls/texts but old phone receive

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

Does anyone find on three that their out of bundle prices seem to shoot up? its useless not being able to view your current spend on the site to try figure it out. My bill is up 12e this month and all i cant figure out where its coming from. All i know is that I was messing with the facetime the other eve, but other than that there is nothing I can think of. Does anyone else experience this or know what might be causing it?

Voicemail??

It's not covered in your bundled minutes, neither are MMS messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I just bought an iPhone 4 from a 3 store yesterday and I'm on the Classic Flex-Max plan.

Not knowing that there was already a 2GB download limit with my plan I chose Internet Max as my add-on. Now I would like to change this add-on to Text All.

Does anybody know if I can change this add-on in My3 or do I have to call into a 3 store or call customer care?

Steak wrote: »
    I just bought an iPhone 4 from a 3 store yesterday and I'm on the Classic Flex-Max plan.

Not knowing that there was already a 2GB download limit with my plan I chose Internet Max as my add-on. Now I would like to change this add-on to Text All.

Does anybody know if I can change this add-on in My3 or do I have to call into a 3 store or call customer care?

Definitely call customer care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Probably a daft question but when I text a UK mobile on the Classic Flex Max plan how much does it cost? Or does it come out of my flexible units?

I had a look but I can't find the answer.

Ta.

Probably a daft question but when I text a UK mobile on the Classic Flex Max plan how much does it cost? Or does it come out of my flexible units?

Ta.

its double you pay for ROI calls/texts, think but not 100% sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

mfxer wrote: »
    Definitely call customer care

Just called Customer Care and explained the situation. They removed the Internet Max add-on and applied the Text All add-on to my account. Very happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ta.

You can use 50% of your flexi units to call UK mobiles and landlines. It's the same as calling here so it won't take double units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mfxer wrote: »
    its double you pay for ROI calls/texts, think but not 100% sure

It isn't: calls from your flexi-units, SMS is charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Ta.

No, you pay for foreign SMS out-of-bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Lads, can someone please help me.

I have the iphone 4 on the 3 network. I just arrived in USA and my phone isn't working. I have travelled with the iPhone 3G with Meteor and had no problems.

Anyone know what I need to do to get it working??

It can't actually be possible that three dont' cover me here??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya might have to call them to enable roaming

guil wrote: »
    ya might have to call them to enable roaming

I am almost 100% that I clicked a box that enabled roaming when I was first signing up. I did so because I read something here about it not being done automatically. Anyway, that's obviously what's happened..... so I tried to call there.... was told office hours are mon-friday. Is there another number I could ring to get on to someone? Surely they have call centre services everyday?

• Advertisement

I really really getting pissed off now.

Rang again there. I manage to connect. I go through all there stupid voice interaction ****e, then at the end... after selecting the correct menu option, I get told to re-dial the freephone number. :mad: :mad:

Honestly, wtf. It's now probably cost me more than $10+ and I haven't even managed to talk to someone yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement