Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

jimbling wrote: »
    I really really getting pissed off now.

Rang again there. I manage to connect. I go through all there stupid voice interaction ****e, then at the end... after selecting the correct menu option, I get told to re-dial the freephone number. :mad: :mad:

Honestly, wtf. It's now probably cost me more than $10+ and I haven't even managed to talk to someone yet.

Email them. Very quick to respond. Point out though, that they cannot ring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rodgered

Sorry for being such a dope but will someone explain the roaming part on 3 when your buying phone! I understand the charges part but why is it an option? Would everyone not want it? Even if you dont travel that much, surely the option to have it is worthwhile?

I know its a stupid question to most of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

All I know is that it cost me an absolute bomb over in England last week. Fair enough id gone over my limit but it was charging me loads for received calls which I didnt know. Nice €180 bill this month instead of €40!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

culabula wrote: »
    Email them. Very quick to respond. Point out though, that they cannot ring you.

I emailed them immediately when I got to my hotel. I asked for urgent help. That's close to 24 hours ago.

I did however finally get through to them. (a different number than what was on the site.. got from a friend)

I wish I had the transcript of the conversation, but lets just say they wasted an exorbitant amount of time... during which I was getting charged an extortionate amount of money by the hotel.
    It's nothing new I know, but I had told them I was ringing from Philadelphia.

Thankfully they did eventually offer to ring me back (This I am surprised and impressed by to be honest) when I told them I could no longer afford to be put on hold.

Anyway, it turns out I have "Real Time" roaming enabled. This "should" work. However, since it does not :rolleyes:, it seems I need "Full Time" roaming, which requires me to pay €60 up front (I believe/hope this is a credit payment which I get back if I don't use).
    Of course, nothing being simple, by the time they figured out what was needed to do, the people that were required to do it had gone home. So, now I have to wait around tomorrow morning and hope that they call.

I'll probably be on my way home by the time this is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

Just a quick note.

I had the 3g dropping to 2g issue which then wouldn't reconnect to the 3g.
    Three told me to bring the phone to fonemenders where it was tested. They considered it faulty and I got a warranty replacement. Since then the 3g - 2g issue has resolved itself. there is no noticable deathgrip issues anymore. I suppose this points to a problem of the first batch of Iphones.

Anyway, Very happy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

freshfruit wrote: »
    Just a quick note.

I had the 3g dropping to 2g issue which then wouldn't reconnect to the 3g.
    Three told me to bring the phone to fonemenders where it was tested. They considered it faulty and I got a warranty replacement. Since then the 3g - 2g issue has resolved itself. there is no noticable deathgrip issues anymore. I suppose this points to a problem of the first batch of Iphones.

Anyway, Very happy indeed.

I had the first batch and no problems with the deathgrip issue. My 3G/2G problem was solved by 3 in the background, so I don't believe it was a hardware issue at all, TBH. And I wouldn't let Fonemenders near a brush, never mind a phone.:mad:

Glad to hear you got sorted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

what free add-ons are people using with three on the iphone 4?

i got the internet max - an extra 2gb but i switched to Text All today as i really dont need 4GB of data.

thing is,i just logged into my3 there and i must have been given 250 free texts instead of 150 and i still have just under 4GB of data to use on top of 164 flexi units and 2999 3 to 3 mins!

am i blind or does it not say on the 3 webtext page when your 333 texts will be renewed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

barryd09 wrote: »
    what free add-ons are people using with three on the iphone 4?

i got the internet max - an extra 2gb but i switched to Text All today as i really dont need 4GB of data.

thing is,i just logged into my3 there and i must have been given 250 free texts instead of 150 and i still have just under 4GB of data to use on top of 164 flexi units and 2999 3 to 3 mins!

am i blind or does it not say on the 3 webtext page when your 333 texts will be renewed?

Free calls to landlines. Saving me a fortune on units, I've barely gone under 300 for this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

whiterebel wrote: »
    Free calls to landlines. Saving me a fortune on units, I've barely gone under 300 for this month.

+1 free landline calls are the sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

not much of a caller myself,mostly texts,came from meteor with free unlimited any network texts and only now i realise how many i send!!

just noticed my data allowance has been reduced by 2gb as i opted out of that add on but i still have 200+ SMS plus 160 units

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

i called three there about my iphone 4 not being able to reconnect to 3g unless i go into carrier settings and select 3g then 3 then 3g. They told me to go to phone menders and the guy would call back and see how i was getting on. just did that there, the man at fonemenders who was nice said that i should get a replacement iphone within 2 days and they are brand new and not factory refurbished is this correct? i went down for them to test it. instead he just took it off me. its a pain going without a phone for a few days when its for work!

Log-on wrote: »
    i called three there about my iphone 4 not being able to reconnect to 3g unless i go into carrier settings and select 3g then 3 then 3g. They told me to go to phone menders and the guy would call back and see how i was getting on. just did that there, the man at fonemenders who was nice said that i should get a replacement iphone within 2 days and they are brand new and not factory refurbished is this correct? i went down for them to test it. instead he just took it off me. its a pain going without a phone for a few days when its for work!

3 must have more bloody money than sense!! I have proved its a network issue with my phone. I had the problems on a 3G, then went to an iP4 and still had the same problem. repeated calls to 3, eventually on to Tier 2 iPhone support and its fixed a week later.

whiterebel wrote: »
    3 must have more bloody money than sense!! I have proved its a network issue with my phone. I had the problems on a 3G, then went to an iP4 and still had the same problem. repeated calls to 3, eventually on to Tier 2 iPhone support and its fixed a week later.

Please tell me how???

Phoned Three yesterday looking specifically for tier 2 tech support for this problem and was told that tier 2 doesnot exist anymore and that this is a known problem with the handset, usual script reading ****e from the annoyingly pleasant three CS

pah wrote: »
    Please tell me how???

Phoned Three yesterday looking specifically for tier 2 tech support for this problem and was told that tier 2 doesnot exist anymore and that this is a known problem with the handset, usual script reading ****e from the annoyingly pleasant three CS

I threatened CS with leaving after 6/8 weeks of the contract, as they couldn't provide the service required. Gave them 1 week deadline for a call from Tier 2 which I got exactly one week later. Problem went away a week/10 days after that.

It can't be a known problem with the handset, if it was VF, O2 and Meteor would have it. AFAIK, they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I was declined for getting one of these online?! What the hell is that about, they said if I wanted to appeal I should wrtie to them? Can I just go in to the store and get one there and then, and act like I never applied for this in the first place?

I mean I get more than enough a month to pay for it (without sounding like a muppet there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

When I bought online during the week, it didn't seem to have any kind of credit check? How did it decline you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just taught i would let everyone know again, That three currently have an offer that if someone buys and iphone 4 on three they can get 1 month for free by quoting the number of a person who has an iphone 4 on three.

If anyone is is about to buy an iphone 4 then pm me for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

AdMMM wrote: »
    When I bought online during the week, it didn't seem to have any kind of credit check? How did it decline you?

Basically, I got the approval number and e-mail but then one was sent straight after saying I wasn't eligible and sometimes they have to decline applicants. I feel like I am applying for a mortgage not a bloody phone! Bunch of idiots..

Went in to Three, she took my details, she asked me what phone i wanted, what plan, what add on, whether i wanted roaming, whether i wanted insurance, and after all that she got a phone call to say that they wanted a 200euro deposit! Told them to keep it, more for the reason that i didnt have 200 on me! I asked why and she replied 'they dont need to give a reason why'. Load of balls!

i was asked for €150 deposit too, it's for 6 months and the you ask for it to be returned r used as credit towards your bills.

i did default on a student credit card about 10 years ago, which was cancelled so maybe that had something to do with it?

• Advertisement

I didnt see anything on the website which indicated there would be that situation, in fairness to them im porting over from meteor pay as you go so i could see where they were coming from.........kind of. Just wish they had found out at the start instead of going through everything else first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

AdMMM wrote: »

They run a credit check before processing your order. If you buy instore you have to wait around 5-10 mins for approval. Pretty sure the only reason they refuse you is if you're not working or you have a blip on your credit record.. No?

Resi12,

They will have record of your application being refused. I attempted to buy online a while ago, but left it too long to forward proof of ID etc. and that held me up when buying instore..

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

I signed up to three & the iphone 4 in mid-october (bill pay)...so far mostly good.

There is one really annoying problem....I use my phone for intenational texting a little to Canada & India. For some reason, I can't seem to receive texts from relations in Canada or India...yet I can send them texts. I was onto three support about this and they kept saying get the person in Canada to try x,y,z.....

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Also, the funny thing is if I use a three pay sim in an old nokia I have, I can send and receive messages no problem to Canada. I haven't tried India with it yet.

Tis a little frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If it works in another phone then its not a network or sim problem. Must be a setting on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Signed up to Three last week. So far, so good. Porting from O2 took about 24 hours. 3G signal drops a little, but nothing of great concern. I've called Australia at a quarter of the price I was charged with O2. By far the best deal out there!

Great lads working in the new Dun Laoghaire store too. Couldn't be more helpful.

Well done 3. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

Walkman wrote: »
    If it works in another phone then its not a network or sim problem. Must be a setting on the phone.

The sim card is different in the nokia phone...

Iphone = 3 Bill Pay (Classic Flex Max Plan)

Nokia phone = 3 Pre Pay sim card that I got for free

Any thoughts on how to fix this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

well i will be leaving this useless network for good this week
    for the last week every single bloody call drops/takes ages to connect all the usual suspects with this company
    i almost never have 3g it always that stupid "o".
    i am paying for a service that does not work simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 46 orangeparrot

Does anybody know how long it takes to ship the iPhone out to you? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone using 3 in Leixlip??? Good or bad???

I am going to be getting the iphone 4 soon and 3's network prices are excellent but just reading good and bad things on this thread about them, I don't know what to do.

• Advertisement

Davexirl wrote: »
    Anyone using 3 in Leixlip??? Good or bad???

I am going to be getting the iphone 4 soon and 3's network prices are excellent but just reading good and bad things on this thread about them, I don't know what to do.

Get a prepay sim, stick it in your phone and see how it performs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement