Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

knealecat wrote: »
    Hello

I have a IPAD 32mb 3GS, does anyboby know the best roaming rates for using in the UK.

Three is best for the UK if you're going to be there a lot as there's no additional charge when using the Three UK network.

However, you need to pay a monthly minimum fee to Three for an ipad sim so if you don't use 3G data very often a pay as you use microsim on Vodafone billpay using their "live" apn might work out better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Does anyone use the Best of Both plan on 3 and how do you find it? And am I missing something in this link since it says I get free texts to every network and I can use the Units on phonecalls since I don't phone people much, it just seems too good to be true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Best of Both plan on 3 and how do you find it? And am I missing something in this link since it says I get free texts to every network and I can use the Units on phonecalls since I don't phone people much, it just seems too good to be true!

My daughter has it - she's on the best of both Sim-only plan for 15 euro and she sends about 2000 texts a month and no extra cost.

EDIT: OMG just saw her new bill and she sent 4299 texts! Still 15 euro :)

Phones been working fine the last 3 months I have it but all of a sudden the last 2 days I cant hold a call for over a minute - the signal initially had fullbars and 3G then during the call it might goto 2G mode the o (circle) then all the bars drop and I get cut off. Iphone tries a call back and that fails.
    Then the fullbars come back on and I might get a 2G signal again at best no 3G.

I have to goto the Carrier settings and pick between Automatic and 3(3G) which kicks in the 3G again for me.
    Once I have 3G I can use the apps and browse the web perfectly its just calls that effect this.

I tried a network reset and a hard reset but no joy.

I wondering if other people have had this in the last 2 days?
    I'm in Dun Laoghaire area mainly but it happens everywhere I go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Anon47

Same problem, just got a new iPhone from Three, reception is very patchy and was non-existant in Beaumont on Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ubique

I've been having the same issue with 3.ie since September and have contacted ComReg about it on a number of times, but they are toothless and 3.ie keep fobbing me off. They have given me a credit for €80 to date but I'd prefer if the issue was resolved as people who ring me keep having to ring me back after my iPhone has dropped the call.

I live in Dublin city center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm on BOB 15 too, It's costing me 20 a month inc 500mb mobile internet a month too.

It's excellent, Topped it up by €10 ages ago for the odd call/text to another country/UPC :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Is the best of both for iPhone only available in €25 and €45?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭iancairns

Hi Guys, I've been a 3 user since the iPhone 4 release and always thought i was quite lucky not having to visit this massive thread about all of iPhone's issues with 3. I've noticed since middle yesterday that I've had zero 3g AFAIK. I definitely have 3G selected in carrier and not just 3. I'm on wireless most times but whenever i go off it that blasted O comes up. I thought i'd pop on here and someone else would be experiencing something similar but doesn't seem to be. Anyone have ideas on why this might be, how to fix? Could it have been due to a tweak i did?

Thanks

Ian

iancairns wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I've been a 3 user since the iPhone 4 release and always thought i was quite lucky not having to visit this massive thread about all of iPhone's issues with 3. I've noticed since middle yesterday that I've had zero 3g AFAIK. I definitely have 3G selected in carrier and not just 3. I'm on wireless most times but whenever i go off it that blasted O comes up. I thought i'd pop on here and someone else would be experiencing something similar but doesn't seem to be. Anyone have ideas on why this might be, how to fix? Could it have been due to a tweak i did?

Thanks

Ian

I usually select Automatic as carrier selection but just checking.... did you enable Data Roaming on your phone? I think you might of if you have the O anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭iancairns

keith123 wrote: »
    I usually select Automatic as carrier selection but just checking.... did you enable Data Roaming on your phone? I think you might of if you have the O anyway.

Aw! you could be right, will do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭serious

I have iphone 4 just over a month and had terrible problems with 3G since day 1. Customer care told me to use 3G carrier settings but it never latched onto 3G. I now use automatic carrier settings and it works fine. If there is 3G in your area it will stay on 3G.
    Whatever you do if you have a problem with 3 do not ring customer care they are clueles beyond belief.I was in in second stage of cancellation because of them. Your better off going with the general public here or the official 3 thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

iancairns wrote: »

Thanks

Ian

I had a day a couple of months back where I had zero 3g at home, and I always have 5 bars of it. I rang CC and they were able to tell me that a mast was down, there were people on the scene, and it would be back up within 4-6 hours, which it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

is it possible to unlock an iphone 4 thats locked to 3? A friend of mine is selling one he won in a competition from 3, and the g/f is thinking of buying it.

she's with vodafone and obv won't change to 3 just for the iphone, so really just wanted to know i its easy/possible to unlock the phone from 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

she's with vodafone and obv won't change to 3 just for the iphone, so really just wanted to know i its easy/possible to unlock the phone from 3?

Unlocks change all the time, I'm not up to speed but I a full unlock is not available as of yet.

Points to note: iP4 is Micro Sim.
    You need an iPhone account for all the services to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

is it possible to unlock an iphone 4 thats locked to 3? A friend of mine is selling one he won in a competition from 3, and the g/f is thinking of buying it.

Instead of asking the same question in at least 3 different threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Jakmeehan wrote: »

that is a smart answer, but he wants to find out if he can unlock iphone locked to three network. which he can,t since they are all 4.2 atm. i think his question was more like if its possible to get three to unlock it.
    Not all people want to mess their phones with jailbreaks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I rang three about a month ago asking could they unlock the phone they said they could and of course i should of known it was too good to be true they wanted me to have had topped up by at least 180 euros credit and then on top of that they wanted to charge me an additional unlocking fee, when i asked how much it would cost the guy said it "depends" and when i pushed him on giving me a rough estimate he still wouldnt tell me, very unhelpful service and i think its disgraceful i should have to pay so much money to get out when im not even on a contract with them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

twinsen wrote: »
    that is a smart answer, but he wants to find out if he can unlock iphone locked to three network. which he can,t since they are all 4.2 atm. i think his question was more like if its possible to get three to unlock it.
    Not all people want to mess their phones with jailbreaks

Jakmeehan was pointing out that he had asked the same question on multiple threads. one of the mods had already pointed them to the unlocking thread and they just went ahead and started a new thread anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Servicepack69

The iPhone 4 is not recognising "3 Sweden" network when roaming in Sweden, even though the INQ Mini does. In order to avail of "3 like home", I need to be on "3 Sweden". Anyone with similar problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

Obaraten wrote: »
    anyone have the Iphone 4 on thee bill pay?how do ye find it?also is it possible to use skype to skype calls with it?thanks

i have ip4 on three billpay, it's an absolutely terrible phone on a terrible network. yes you can theoretically use skype to skype calls if you can hold a data conection for long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

pah wrote: »
    i have ip4 on three billpay, it's an absolutely terrible phone on a terrible network. yes you can theoretically use skype to skype calls if you can hold a data conection for long enough.

Not a service I recognise: I use Skype, Viber, Whistlephone, HeyTell, Tango and so on on this great phone on 3Ireland, day in, day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

culabula wrote: »
    Not a service I recognise: I use Skype, Viber, Whistlephone, HeyTell, Tango and so on on this great phone on 3Ireland, day in, day out.

^^What he said! I have not a single complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Jimdagym wrote: »
    ^^What he said! I have not a single complaint.

Same here, no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Yep, the actual phone service itself has been perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Anon47

While I love the iPhone 4 device the availability of 3G service in the Dublin area (compared with say Vodafone) is very patchy. Outside of Dublin however I think the service is good. All that investment in the National Broadband Scheme has paid off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Anon47 wrote: »
    While I love the iPhone 4 device the availability of 3G service in the Dublin area (compared with say Vodafone) is very patchy. Outside of Dublin however I think the service is good. All that investment in the National Broadband Scheme has paid off!!

Appalling out by Killiney and thereabouts: excellent, in say, Smithfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jenko1

I have just bought my first iphone ever and it is of course the iphone 4. I have been holding off for months as i was debating was it worth buying. Well my answer is absolutely flipping yes. I am based in Ireland and I wanted to make sure I was signing up with the right network. I did my homework and finally went with the 'Three network'. They offered the iphone 4 for €309 on an 18month contract. I will be paying €40 a month for 350 minutes talk time or 700 minutes text time, with a free add on of 150 minutes for evening and weekend calls which brings it up to 500 minutes. I also get 2gb of data allowance a month. I have also signed up for broadband with them as I got a €6 discount a month for the iphone contract. This plan suits me and I know it might not suit others. As far as is the iphone 4 worth buying now well my answer would be a 100% yes. If it suits your needs go for it, it is an amazing piece of technology. I can keep up to date on important emails, take photos of for work and family with out bringing my SLR camera, sending messages browsing the net even playing games. It is just an amazing all in one gizmo. I am sure the next phone will be better and I will have to wait until the following year to upgrade to the next iphone (probably 6 by then) but why wait? You might be waiting another 6 months before the next upgrade, if you need it now get it if not hang on it all depends on your own your own personal needs. I am happy with my new iphone 4 and wish I had purchased it earlier. It just works as for the whole antenna thing what a load of rubbish. I have not had any issues, in fact in areas where I live that are known to be mobile reception black spots my iphone 4 just works no problems. I use a protection cover on the phone and bumper as I want to protect it from damage. It works so just get it and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

jenko1 wrote: »
    I have just bought my first iphone ever and it is of course the iphone 4. I have been holding off for months as i was debating was it worth buying. Well my answer is absolutely flipping yes. I am based in Ireland and I wanted to make sure I was signing up with the right network. I did my homework and finally went with the 'Three network'. They offered the iphone 4 for €309 on an 18month contract. I will be paying €40 a month for 350 minutes talk time or 700 minutes text time, with a free add on of 150 minutes for evening and weekend calls which brings it up to 500 minutes. I also get 2gb of data allowance a month. I have also signed up for broadband with them as I got a €6 discount a month for the iphone contract. This plan suits me and I know it might not suit others. As far as is the iphone 4 worth buying now well my answer would be a 100% yes. If it suits your needs go for it, it is an amazing piece of technology. I can keep up to date on important emails, take photos of for work and family with out bringing my SLR camera, sending messages browsing the net even playing games. It is just an amazing all in one gizmo. I am sure the next phone will be better and I will have to wait until the following year to upgrade to the next iphone (probably 6 by then) but why wait? You might be waiting another 6 months before the next upgrade, if you need it now get it if not hang on it all depends on your own your own personal needs. I am happy with my new iphone 4 and wish I had purchased it earlier. It just works as for the whole antenna thing what a load of rubbish. I have not had any issues, in fact in areas where I live that are known to be mobile reception black spots my iphone 4 just works no problems. I use a protection cover on the phone and bumper as I want to protect it from damage. It works so just get it and enjoy.

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement