Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 on Three Ireland Network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Exactly.

GPRS does not work with the 3internet APN (at least not on prepay).

You should install the carrier settings as it forces you to use the 3ireland.ie APN. GPRS should work then.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Exactly.

GPRS does not work with the 3internet APN (at least not on prepay).

You should install the carrier settings as it forces you to use the 3ireland.ie APN. GPRS should work then.

I reinstalled the carrier settings...Still doesn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Reset your network settings as well a couple of times.

Will do....I'll get back to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Do you also need to switch on the Data Roaming?

• Advertisement

unfortunately still no joy.
    Do you have the option to enable/disable the 3G toggle Finbarr because I don't. the carrier settings might be different??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Restored mine and didn't use the carrier update, phone still wouldn't go to GPRS on the 2G network.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

This thing is a total disaster.

Three have taken what used to be a hassle free product (the iPhone) and turned it into a frustrating mess.

It has now started to refuse to load pages in safari even when the 3G signal is restored. I need to reset the phone every time this happens.

Whats the cool off period? I really like the 3 at home idea, but it's not worth this. They utterly ruined the usability of the phone.

I'd rather there wasn't a fall back network, without data it's nearly pointless anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davidodtralee1

PickleHead wrote: »
    My bf did it successfully yday and is now back on o2 with his new toy (iphone 4 ) and after much hassle my dad cancelled his today , all and all beware of the backlash you will recieve from 3 because they will do everything they can quite possibly do!

Hey hey again,

So I managed to get out of contract with Three...(and yes, with much hassle!)

Just wondering how your bf managed to get a new iPhone 4? When I went into them they said that because I had left the network, I couldn't come back with my own number for 3 months, and couldn't get the iPhone 4 for even longer than that???

Thanks!

Surely it's just a simple problem for 3 to resolve. If you can use GPRS on PAYG then you should be able to use it on bill pay as well. Has anyone tried going to a 3 store ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Surely it's just a simple problem for 3 to resolve. If you can use GPRS on PAYG then you should be able to use it on bill pay as well. Has anyone tried going to a 3 store ?

Yeah, once (IF) GPRS is enabled for the iPhone on vodafones backup network - service will be restored to normal and there will be no complaints with three.

Everyone send them an e-mail about the issue, might get some sort of response regarding the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Since I did the network reset and switched data roaming on last night it's been picking up the 3g signal no problems.
    Can't get it where I live but it's a blackspot for 3g (I also have O2's broadband dongle which is the same) but was travelling through county limerick today and had a 3g signal at nearly all times...no having to switched back on and on the airplane mode..
    let's hope this continues :)

Guys, hOw do we know when the free add on with 3 has been added? I Applied for the down time calls add on but can't see it activated anywhere.

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

It's going to be activated in September, for some reason.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Since I did the network reset and switched data roaming on last night it's been picking up the 3g signal no problems.
    Can't get it where I live but it's a blackspot for 3g (I also have O2's broadband dongle which is the same) but was travelling through county limerick today and had a 3g signal at nearly all times...no having to switched back on and on the airplane mode..
    let's hope this continues :)
    Under carriers, do you have it set to automatic or 3 (3G) ??

slasher_65 wrote: »

Cool.

Came across a three customer service rep who says the add ons are no longer free and will cost 4.99 a month from now on???

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭stephenbrow

Maybe if everyone calls the head office we will get the truth, I Would just like to know will it be getting fixed...

I mailed that address below and never got a reply that was on July 4th so don't hold your breath if you mail it.

Company Information
    • Company Name
      Hutchison 3G Ireland Limited
    • Company Number
    • Place of Registration
      Ireland
    • Registered Address
      3rd Floor
      1 Clarendon Row
      Dublin 2
      Ireland
    • Contact
      Phone: +353-1-5426300
      Fax: +353-1-5426301
    • Email
      customer.services.ie@3mail.com

I didn't have time to argue as I just assumed he was wrong so hung up. Ddnt want my brain to start processing that right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Guys, hOw do we know when the free add on with 3 has been added? I Applied for the down time calls add on but can't see it activated anywhere.

??
    slasher_65 wrote: »

And the free add-ons are only valid 'til June 2011. I only noticed that in the terms and conditions today. Sneeky - sign an 18mth contract and only get the add-on for 9mths!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Glad to see this thread as I was just going to create one myself. I got my iPhone 4 delivered yesterday from 3. Love the phone. I installed the new carrier settings on setup and realised I couldn't get any data coverage on 2G at all.

I had a think about it overnight and decided that this wasn't really suitable. There's no point in having an iPhone that you can't use a lot of the time. I was with o2 and they were far more reliable.

3's customer service were terrible also and I spent a lot of time today on the phone to them. In the end I decided to cancel my account. Luckilly my number wasn't yet ported from o2 so that was a good thing. I"m going to hold out for an iPhone on o2 now instead.

3 are a heck of a lot more trouble than they're worth it seems to me. I wouldn't recommend them to any of my mates at this point. Now my shiny iPhone is going back in it's box and I'll hopefuly find another one again soon. I never thought it was possible but o2 have actually gone up in my estimation after this entire fiasco!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

I'm going to cancel my 3 contract as well.
    I've described all problems with my iPhone4 here. I never had so bad mobile Internet experience as with Three.
    Will switch to O2 defo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm feeling the same about o2, but they said I can only get a prepaid iPhone from them, as they can't take me back as a new customer for 90 days!!

I'm half thinking of asking 3 can I just buy the phone off them, and ask for an unlock code and away I go!

You can buy unlocked iPhone from the www.apple.ie website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Im on the phone to three now...good god if your going to send it back do it asap.

Im on 10 minutes with the same crap questions now being escalated to a higher technical team.

Yes I called them and found that "technical support" has usual "technical" background for call center. They can't help me at all.. Will go to the 3 shop tomorrow for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

OgreSwamp wrote: »
    I'm going to cancel my 3 contract as well.
    I've described all problems with my iPhone4 here. I never had so bad mobile Internet experience as with Three.
    Will switch to O2 defo.

Have you done the following with your settings at the same time? I did and my iPhone is now working perfectly on 3.

1: Reset Network Settings
    2: Turn carrier settings to Automatic
    3: Turn on Data Roaming
    4: Restart your phone

Done all of the above with support it hits 2 bars 3g and drops off the does not pick up again.
    Finished with support and on hold to return it,online purchases have to be posted back.

Shop purchases via the shop. They basically check coverage map and mine is three broadband indoors which it isnt.

O2 although more expensive again I wouldnt mind as long as I get a decent service. Three pricing wise are in a good place ....service is woeful.

Yes, I've tried that. It is written in my blogpost. I still have an issue, probably bit less often. Anyway it isn't a solution. I travel regularry a d if I'll forget to switch data roaming off they'll charge me hundrets or thousands eur.

Done and dusted got return details and case ref.

Guys if you in the 14 days and you want to return do it within 14 days seriously they will hide behind it no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

OgreSwamp wrote: »
    Yes, I've tried that. It is written in my blogpost. I still have an issue, probably bit less often. Anyway it isn't a solution. I travel regularry a d if I'll forget to switch data roaming off they'll charge me hundrets or thousands eur.

Ok checked just for you - I turned off Data Roaming, death gripped the phone and after just over 6 minutes 3G service automatically came back on - which I'm pretty sure was about the same time it took my old Sony Ericsson to reconnect to 3G after switching to the 2G backup.

I sound like i'm being paid by three here but I'm not. I'm just happy with the service, price and bundle amounts and want to bring a balance to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement