Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence

Options
  • 15-07-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hi guys can anyone tell me when your buying a gun from a private source ie. not a gun dealer how is this done like which form do you fill in does the gun have to be handed into a gun shop while i wait for my application to be processed
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need and FCA1 as per all applications. You fill in all the details as normal (name, address, etc, etc and GP/Referees if a new application). In section 3.3(b) (source of firearm) you then input the current owners details, such as name, address, phone number and current license certificate number. Also have a copy of the current owners license to hand in as it helps. Make sure both of you sign a receipt style note/letter to agree on the terms of sale and the deposit being paid with the balance to be settled at the end of the sale. In other words a "contract" as such.

Once all this is done and you hand in your application to the local station/FO. The owner of the firearm can hold onto the firearm as his license will remain current and in play for 2 weeks AFTER you recieve your license for the firearm, at which point his/her license then becomes invalid and is automatically cancelled.

When going to collect the firearm you must bring a copy of your license plus the original (for them to inspect) and both of you should sign another receipt to say the deal is done and all parties are satisfied that licenses and monies are okay and above board.

The other way is to have the owner store the firearm in a dealers and buy the firearm through the dealer as per a normal purchase. The process is the same only in section 3.3(a) you input the dealers pule ID and name instead of the owners details. Its more secure for you and the seller.

I think that covers it all. If not feel free to ask about something i might have omitted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭chrisdolan11

thanks for clearing that up im buying off my friend so dont really need the contract thing but wasnt sure if the fa2 form came into play for cancelation / changing firearms. thanks for clearing it up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Your mate will need the FCA2 if he intends to cancel the firearms license and NOT transfer it to another firearm.

If he wants to tranfer/substitute his license then he needs to fill in an FCA1 and do the usual box ticking and section filling to transfer it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement