Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth or Athlone

Options
  • 15-07-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Got offered masters of Accountancy in both places anyone any advice which one to take? Both are close enough to travel to everyday and are priced around the same so its a bit of a toss-up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Athlone is an IT isn't it? Unless its known for having an amazing accountancy programme Maynooth will be slightly more prestigious on the CV since its a Uni. Its up to you to figure out which course is better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

It is an IT yeah. The busines college is on a par with university standard i am lead to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Do you know what modules are in each and if one suits your interests better, of if there are better lecturers on particular subjects in either college?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Go to Maynooth, it's a fairly nice spot and very student friendly plus it's a really nice college.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Fancy seeing you here jdooley28. NUIM would get my vote too but bet you'll make the right decision for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Think AIT was/is regarded as the best institute to study accountancy in Eire. Well, it provides you with the most exemptions wrt your professional exams, I believe!! (search through boards for this!)

You obviously want to become a number cruncher (no offence, ive family members acc's) so should you examine which course may provide most exemptions from prof exams??

Advertisement