Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humpback whale Howth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

from the reports it hasn't been feeding when sighted but the bird signs normally works when looking for dolphins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

WindSock wrote: »
    Wonder how the chap managed to get itself into the mingin Irish Sea?

What are you talking about? The Irish Sea is very clean, take it from someone who spends a lot of time in and on it. In the last couple of years I have seen pods of dolphins, porpoises, whales, sharks, seals and hundreds of sea birds, some rare ones.

Take a dip and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh right. I was always under the impression it was fairly polluted from Sellafield and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

John_Rambo wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The Irish Sea is very clean, take it from someone who spends a lot of time in and on it. In the last couple of years I have seen pods of dolphins, porpoises, whales, sharks, seals and hundreds of sea birds, some rare ones.

Take a dip and see!

Why does it smell so bad sometimes?

Not challenging: just interested to know from somebody who knows the score. Is it rotting seaweed or some other natural cayse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

stovelid wrote: »

Not challenging: just interested to know from somebody who knows the score. Is it rotting seaweed or some other natural cayse?

you might as well be asking why is the tide so high !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

stovelid wrote: »

I guess nature stinks sometimes! You should get the smell when a whale blows out through it's blow hole! It's disgusting. I suppose decaying seaweed in very warm weather will smell bad.

http://www.eyeonearth.eu/Home.aspx

Advertisement