Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What football title will you be purchasing for the 10/11 season?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I've been a PESFan boy since I got into football games. However, lately Konami have dropped the ball and haven't made the elegant game they once had work on the next generation consoles. So FIFA has picked up the crown of the King of Football games. Hopefully, fingers crossed, we will have two competitive titles come October. But, FIFA seems to have taken a step backward with FIFA 10, perhaps due to lack of competition in the market, which leads me to the question: Which title will you be picking up come October?

Here's what we know so far about the two games:

PES 11

Release Date: October 2010

Info:
    Taken from PESFan.com

Gameplay

Improved 360 movement and dribbling
    Total freedom over passing and shooting
    Emphasis on total control
    Power gauges on all shots, passes and headers
    Speed stars - Not too much information, but they seem to separate the 'elite' players from the rest movement wise
    Dribbling harder
    Shot & Stamina Gauge - Low stamina affects strength and pass/shot accuracy
    No AI intervening during matches
    Improved defensive AI
    Re-worked all animation elements
    Much improved jostling
    Larger variety of tackles
    Speed gauge to determine pace of the game
    Reworked feint and trick system. Map tricks to right stick
    Harder difficulty level.
    6 levels of difficulty in total, with 1 secret
    Improved goalkeeper animations and intelligence
    Improved referees
    New penalty system
    Reworked throw in system

Visuals

Enhanced facial animations
    Motion blur on replays
    Skin tight shirts
    Nicer grass
    More natural lighting
    Overhauled interface and presentation
    New camera angles, more TV broadcast style which vary depending on stadium
    Scoreboard now says team names instead of badges

Audio

Jim Beglin new co-commentator
    Improved commentary script and implementation
    'Live' commentary
    Improved stadium atmosphere, crowd cheers and jeers

Master League

Master League available online

Tactics

New drag and drop tactical system
    Tactical timeline option to implement strategies at certain times or situations
    Hexagon graph now back

Edit

Stadium Editor
    More options

Become a Legend

Massively reworked
    "players are cast as an upcoming starlet and strive to earn major honours and become the world's greatest player".
    In the locker room, the manager gives you clear instructions on tactics to be used, your tasks, expected play area on the pitch, and player you have to mark, etc. Instructions change depending on situation of your team.
    Manager gives you feedback on your achievement of given tasks including play area and tactics for you after the match.
    Receive evaluation messages and rating from the manager.
    Users will be able to recognise how much trust your manager has in you and level of your contribution to the team. This will make users have a sense of accomplishment after the match.

Licenses

Licenses are always being acquired and may change. Only listed are newly confirmed licenses.

Copa Libertadores
    Argentina - Colon, Estudiantes, Lanus. Newell’s Old Boys, Velez Sarsfield
    Bolivia - Club Blooming, Club Bolivar, Real Potosi
    Brazil - Corinthians, Cruzeiro, Flamengo, Internacional
    Chile - Universidad de Chile
    Colombia - Independiente Medellin, Junior, Once Caldas
    Ecuador - Deportivo Quito, Emelec
    Mexico - Estudiantes Tecos, Monterrey, San Luis
    Peru - Allianza Lima, Juan Aurich
    Paraguay - Cerro Porteno, Club Libertad, Club Nacional
    Uruguay - Atletico Cerro
    Venezuela - Caracas, Deportivo Italia, Deportivo Tachira

Link's:
    IGN's review of the copy of the PES 11 Demo
    First Look Video - HD

FIFA 11

Release Date: 1/10/2010

Info:
    Customisation takes a step further in FIFA 11 with the announcement of a new feature dubbed the Creation Centre.

Developing on the series’ popular Be A Pro feature, the Creation Centre allows players to craft their own player and create a team via a new web based application at www.easports.com. layers can share their created players and teams to play online in Tournament and Kick Off matches, along with changing tactics and formations right from the web. the Creation Centre will be available following the game’s launch in Europe on October 1st.

In addition, a further new FIFA 11 feature is Custom Audio, which allows players to assign chants to different teams in the game, choosing to play during player introductions, the half-time break and after a goal has been scored. Music from the harddrive can also be played during the game, although we’re usually quite partial to FIFA’s typically eclectic sountrack.
    TVG.com

David Rutter is expected to release more info this week

Links:

IGN take a look at the new Creation Centre
    Creation Centre
    Pictures

What football title will you purchase? 25 votes

FIFA
    0%
    Pro Evo
    84%
    T-b0n3joe123alanc2003Mr Moonraheny redmailrewopLampostsPolar101[Deleted User]AxwellManchoJax TellerRedzer7Parawindneil_18_NTMKjackwigancolly54Flyin Irishmanv3ttel 21 votes
    Both
    16%
    s_carnageZico-PESGavRedKingtdv123 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

as much as i dearly used to love PES, i believe Fifa has less work to do this year and i will prob be only purchasing Fifa 11 unless PES shows major improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pro Evo
    I played PES to death on the PS2, and the first version of it for the 360. I really think they haven't made the jump to "Next-gen" consoles very well. It seems to be all down hill since their first attempt. Every year they have promised so much, but delivered very little. Every year we hear that "PES is back to its best", and when the game is released, a lot of us are left pretty disappointed.

Since 08, I have preferred FIFA (even though FIFA 10 was probably a step sideways rather than forward). I will definitely buy FIFA 11. Unless the demo has me completely hooked and the reviews are excellent, I won't be shelling out to be disappointed by PES for yet another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Pro Evo
    Both Ftw.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pro Evo
    Added a poll for you, might keep the thread on topic and not develop into another ranting thread.

Pro Evo
    Same story as everyone else, was all PES from 2003 and even for the 1st year on the next gen(although i got FIFA 08 before the summer and traded in PES).

Saw the PES trailer a few weeks ago and it looks so bad, the players move like robots, it just really takes away from the visuals, it's like they still haven't updated the engine from the PS2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Pro Evo
    Fifa for me but im not sure I like the sound of the new personality plus thing. Seems as if its going to be even harder to play as the weaker teams and its already bad enough having to face the Inters and Madrids in Fifa 10.

Pes has been rubbish since the ps3/360 and Fifa 10 was a bit **** compared to 09 but its still become a much better game imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Pro Evo
    FIFA Ill try pes demo though see what it's like

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Pro Evo
    I was a complete PES-head on ps2, still think pes 5 was one of the greatest football games (for its time). But when I got a 360 and bought pes 6 I was insulted that i had given my money for such a huge step backwards, and so the following year I decided to get fifa instead and I havnt looked back since.

Advertisement