Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night life?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

wondering whats the night life like in limerick:)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

It's pretty decent. Depends what you're looking for too. I worked in the biggest pub in the city for two years, called Smyths bar. It's part of Icon night club. It's 7 nights a week. Angel Lane is a good spot too, they've a really really good student night. There's student clubs like Mollys that I personally wouldn't go to, but they get a big student crowd and it's always free in. There's a good music scene too! Baker Place is free in Most nights of the week with live bands, original music usually. Then Bakers underground underneath the pub is good for dj's. They get some really good talent in there in general. Dolans is a nice venue too! They have a warehouse for concerts and Irishy pub with live music, plus a pub/venue upstairs for live music and dj's. There's a lot of nice pubs around like Charlie Chaplins, Nancys, Flannerys etc. Oh and Trinity Rooms, it's not my local night club, it's a very student place and a lot of college nights are held there because they've deals with the student unions.

University of Limerick college bars are ok, java's is nice! LIT has no student bar but the Students union would have deals going with local pubs/nightclubs. Mary Immaculate has their local which is probably Scotts. It's really nice but doesn't get the crowd it should. But Mary I organise nights out there that are really good. The function room downstairs is cool.

There's lots of places to go out, usually pretty busy. I will say that the city is getting slightly more dangerous, but just the same as Dublin or anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

louloumc89 wrote: »
    Then Bakers underground underneath the pub is good for dj's. They get some really good talent in there in general.

There's lots of places to go out, usually pretty busy. I will say that the city is getting slightly more dangerous, but just the same as Dublin or anywhere.
    would any students get any/much work dj'ing:D?

would you need to watch yourself, ya?

thanks a million for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

Icon is a cattle market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

ROCE1977 wrote: »
    Icon is a cattle market.

Yeah plenty of beef in there I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Yeah plenty of beef in there I hear

haha true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mikesmt

depends on what kinda scene you're into really man. - limerick is grand during the week though. just students around. gets messier at the weekends! if you join dj socs you'll get a few gigs. it'd would be pretty hard to get nightclub/pub slots unless you're **** hot. limerick has an abundance of dj's, both good and bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What kinda stuff you dj?I know someone looking for djs

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

i like progressive or electro house. was thinking about bringing some small set up to limerick so i could do house partys or someting, wouldn't be good enough to do a nightclub yet, espically to people that know their genres:o! i play the chartsie sh!te aswell some weekends but i manage to slip in some good tunes aswell;)

Advertisement