Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BioShock 2 Question

• 15-07-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

I'm currently playing through BioShock 2, having completed the first one and read reviews for this one, I know making certain decisions in the game changes things. Before reading on it's most likely the case that the person who knows the answer to this question will have finished the game. So to avoid spoiling it for yourself don't read ahead unless you have finished it.

I'm asking here rather than googl'ing as I'm afraid I may end up reading something that spoils the story by mistake.

My question is:
    I'm heading for Fontaine (not sure if that's spelled right) futuristics, and on the chapter before this at the very end you get to decide whether you want to kill Stanley or not, now so far I'm choosing the goody two shoes path (or trying to anyway). So I didn't kill the old lady in the previous section.

Now Stanley has done some horrible things, so my instinct was to smash his face in. But I'm not sure if this will undo my good deeds thus far. I do want to kill him but if it will make my character bad or change my ending to a "bad" ending I'd rather avoid it.

So without saying what the consequences are, are there any to killing this particular person in the game?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

not killing anyone gives you the good ending, killing anyone gives you a progressively more evil ending. Thats about it. Its the same as the save/harvest choices that there was in the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Thanks for that, lucky escape for Stanley though. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmm from what I remember there wasn't a hugely varying end, you can you tube the others once you finish it anyway ;)

I spared them all for the sake of an achievement i think. Can't recall but don't think there was one for doing opposite.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Without giving too much away, not nescessarly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

not killing anyone gives you the good ending

you only have to not kill one of them to get the good ending, you can actually kill stanley but save the old woman and still get the good ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

the 3rd guy you get the choice of killing was the tough one for me as it seemed like story progression to kill him when in fact there was the hidden option of walking away. I killed him not really realising it and so that was the end of it.

I agree with ya on stanley and did away with him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I killed Stanley. Prick of a man. :)

Got the best ending still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

chrislad wrote: »
    I killed Stanley. Prick of a man. :)

Got the best ending still.

yep i smashed his face in too with a good ending. btw i saved all the little sisters.
    The story seems to suggest that if I hadn't, my daughter would not have been a helpful big sister at the end. Anyone harvest the little un's?
    Will probably do so on my next run through

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm just after reaching
    Lamb's Hideout
    so being careful what I read for now, think I'm near the end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

There's 6 possible endings; two bad, two neutral, two good :)

• Advertisement

Just finished it this morning, great game, as good as if not better than the first one in my opinion.

Advertisement