Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheely bin cleaning in Blackrock / Deans Grange..?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi there,

Does anyone know of anyone cleaning wheely bins in Blackrock / Deans Grange area..? and how much do they charge?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I never even knew it was done in this country.

Ive seen it done regularly in the Northern Territory of Australia where it was necessary because of the problem of heat related stench and maggots hatching out in them.

I normally just fill it with a mug full of bleach and then hose it out with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

msq wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know of anyone cleaning wheely bins in Blackrock / Deans Grange area..? and how much do they charge?

Thanks.

I guess you could ask a cleaner if you employ one to do it for you.

or you could just clean it yourself with some milton.

OP whereabouts in deangrange are you? You could check the notices in deangrange library for a cleaner i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

just powerhose it with a bit of bleach.

Bring it to a service station with a steam hose. Theres a few around, one at Topaz Dalkey and another at Texaco Bakers Corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Bring it to a service station with a steam hose. Theres a few around, one at Topaz Dalkey and another at Texaco Bakers Corner.

Unless you live pretty close to a garage that would entail putting it in your vehicle! yuck. Are you off your bickie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Unless you live pretty close to a garage that would entail putting it in your vehicle! yuck. Are you off your bickie?

tie it to the towbar
    or cycle with it tied to bike

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Heard of it being done in Crumlin for €3 a bin, good value and fair play to the lads

Yourself wrote: »
    Heard of it being done in Crumlin for €3 a bin, good value and fair play to the lads
    Seriously, I would find a better way to spend €3, a 2Ltr bottle of bleach is just €2 in Lidl and a Garden hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Seriously, I would find a better way to spend €3, a 2Ltr bottle of bleach is just €2 in Lidl and a Garden hose.

I just admire their entrepreneurial skills. Id give them €5 just for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

a bucket of hot sudsy water and a yard brush and you're done in two minutes, then just tilt it slowly over into a drain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

WOW! you'd save a whole euro and get the pleasure of doing the job yourself:rolleyes:
    I think the vast majority of people would happily pay up to a fiver for someone to do that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Sorry to resurrect this thread :)

Does anyone have their wheelie bins cleaned and disinfected? I know there are several companies in Dublin who will come to your house and do it, but just wondering who serves D18 and if anyone has a recommendation.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 msq

I'm no longer in Deansgrange, but when I was there, I think it was http://www.wheelieclean.ie/ this company that I paid to get my bins washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

100gSoma wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect this thread :)

Does anyone have their wheelie bins cleaned and disinfected? I know there are several companies in Dublin who will come to your house and do it, but just wondering who serves D18 and if anyone has a recommendation.

thanks

If you're with Panda they offer this service

frash wrote: »
    If you're with Panda they offer this service

I was with Panda but never managed to get that service. Can't remember why - or it was too expensive or unavailable or t&c were nuts....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I was with Panda but never managed to get that service. Can't remember why - or it was too expensive or unavailable or t&c were nuts....

I think they only offer it when they're in the area doing it - you can't ring & book it iykwim
    €5 per bin from memory

I think they only offer it when they're in the area doing it - you can't ring & book it iykwim
    €5 per bin from memory

I'm no longer in Panda range any more. And got horrible experience while closing the account, so I can't recommend them to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€5 per bin from memory
    Yes, panda was €5, we got a text about it saying to leave bins out on a thursday, we have wednesday collections.

I did not trust them to do it, I think it would take more than a power hose to do it. I saw nobody on the street leaving theirs out either.

Tesco thick 2L bleach is 1.19. The tesco value thin bleach is 67cent however not only is it thin but it is much weaker bleach, only 1.5%, the other is 4.5%. So the thick regular one is a much better buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Panda were around Monkstown today - I saw their bin cleaning people this morning when I was out driving. I got it done once or twice last year, but have stopped as the net result wasn't a whole lot better than what I could do myself. If I didn't have Cavan roots, I would probably just pay the €5 and save myself the horrors every few months. As far as I remember they come around once every three months. Possibly once every 6 months.

It basically involves a process a bit like the normal bin lorries use - they hook the bins on to the back, push a button, they go up in the air and into the back of the lorry where various whooshing noises and steam releases are heard. Then the bin comes back, mostly clean. They wipe the top edges of the bin to get rid of anything unpleasant and they're done.

I do think it's a good service and at €5 isn't exactly expensive, but at the same time it's not much more than I do myself with a hose, some bleach and a nice hot shower (for me) afterwards.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I'm no longer in Deansgrange, but when I was there, I think it was http://www.wheelieclean.ie/ this company that I paid to get my bins washed.

booked this guy to come out today. expensive compared to Pamda (Im with greenstar) but badly needed/ 10er a bin. I'll see how it goes

• Advertisement
Advertisement