Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My strength and muscle building log!

• 15-07-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Apologies in advance for my blunt and plain language :pac:

After reading threads in the fitness forum for the past week I've decided to sort my weak and unfit body out using home workouts. I am looking to gain strength, endurance and put on some lean muscle while becoming more flexible. I hope some of you will enjoy following my progress and I hope I make some! :o

Here's my stats:

Male
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 11st 1.25lbs / 70.4kg

I am slim enough but I think I am very unfit (high heart rate) and pretty weak.
    I have the following equipment: A barbell (but no locks for it . .), dumbells w 4x2.5kg 4x1.25kg and 4x0.5kg weights, skipping rope. I have ordered a 16kg KB an exercise mat, grid roller and some fish oil so I should have them in a week. So that's what I'll be working with for the next few weeks.

If you all have any recommendations to my diet, goals/plan or want to set out a weekly training schedule etc. please feel free!

I'll post Day 1 now cheers! :D

EDIT: Thought I should put in that my lower back always seemed weak and has poor endurance especially with press-ups

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jpmaxxy

Day 1

Breakfast:
    2x Weetabix w Low fat Supermilk and a spoonful of flaxseed/goji berries mix.

Lunch:
    2x Tesco Scottish Rough Oatcakes w chunky peanut butter
    Carton of ribena and a single strawberry

Dinner:
    Chicken Stirfry w lots of veg and uncle bens brown rice

After workout:
    1 slice of cheese 1 slice of ham and a mouthful of Supermilk

Supper:
    2 scrambled eggs on 2 slices of McCambridge brown bread w spreadable butter

I don't drink tea or coffee and had 2 or 3 pints of water throughout the day

For my workout I really wanted to try out these metcons I was reading about so I done a dynamic warm-up then done press-ups to fail (I am rubbish at them can barely do 5 used to be able to do 12) managed 5 then straight into dumbell bent over rows w 10kg which I can manage ok done 8 then into reverse ab curls mixed with crunches then squats and repeated for about 15mins. I was absolutely destroyed at the time but feel ok now. I am that unfit. That's about it apart from 30mins playing drums throughout the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

You haven't listed if you're male or female?:)

Oops male :p

I worked out on the Friday with the newly arrived 16kg KB and Grid roller it felt a lot better than Thursdays workout. Done a few minutes foam rolling then dynamic stretching into 4 rounds of :

Press-up x5
    One armed rows x5 16kg KB
    Squat x10 16kg KB
    Reverse ab curls x10
    16kg KB swings x10

1 minute break.

Couldn't do the KB swings managed about 7 or 8 most rounds (first time doing them and I never really work out my hamstrings or glutes) but today I done all 4 rounds successfully might have to try 5 rounds next time.
    Unfortunately I binged alcohol on Saturday night and ended up having a taco chip and I had a hungover fry on Sunday. Ah well back on track now.

Monday 19th July:

2x Weetabix w LF Supermilk and spoonful of flaxseeds and goji berries

Lunch: 2x slices of McCambridge brown bread, spreadable butter and smoked salmon.

Post workout: 3 Oatcakes and peanut butter

30mins Later had dinner:
    Roast dinner: 2 Potatoes small, chicken w gravy, stuffing and carrots and broccoli and milk

Tea - I will likely have 2 scrambled eggs on wholemeal bread

EDIT: How do you thank people's posts? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Lazyitis

There's a little thumbs up symbol at the bottom right hand corner of each post, but you may have to wait till you get up to a certain post count to use it/see it.
    Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

Thanks Lazyitis :)

Advertisement