Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lourdes

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dades wrote: »
    Went to Medjugorje. Like the Las Vegas of desperation.
    Surely, however, Las Vegas is the Las Vegas of desperation?
    No way - that's like saying the "Rolls Royce of cars..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

kylith wrote: »

Really?! I must dig out the Our Lady of the Twist Top Crown next time I'm home.

I hear the ones that glow in the dark are more effective :)

Do ye remember those :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    You'd think so but you'd be wrong as anyone who has ever been to Atlantic City can testify.

Or Reno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I have been twice; my grandfather went looking for a cure long before I was born. Did it work? Well no he is buried in the Irish plot there as they could never afford to bring home his body & after his wife died the family seen little or no point.

The occasions I visited were to lay flowers at his grave on behalf of my dad and clean up the monuments to his father that mark his resting place. The town itself is like Bray but more plastic and tacky and even bleaker! Everyone appears to be trying to sell something or empty your wallet, I was accused of stealing some religious necklace or other by a shop owner I had never been in his shop!

Awful place that speaks volumes about all that is wrong about religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Fattes wrote: »

FYP for brevity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fattes

FYP for brevity!

I am sure it has done some good for people,does nothign for me mind but for others maybe.

Advertisement