Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect e-mail account

Options
  • 15-07-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks just wondering if any of you know how long your UCD Connect e-mail account stays open once you have finished in UCD?

I completed my final exams in May and am considering using my UCD e-mail address on an updated CV.

Should I just set up a new hotmail account rather than relying on the UCD address?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

I can't imagine it staying active for too long. Best to use a GMail (or Hotmail) account that you know will last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Mine still works a year on

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

Grimes wrote: »
    Mine still works a year on

That may be the case but would you use it as an important contact address not knowing when it was going to expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I know people who have had theirs cancelled a few months later, and others who have theirs years later... kinda hit and miss! For safety just open another one with Gmail etc. It takes like 3 minutes to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

There are certain names that are pretty common around the place, there may be a handful or maybe even a dozen John Murphys entering UCD each September, and they simply place a digit after each successive John Murphy, so the notion of being john(dot)murphy20 only has limited appeal. As far as I know they don't use middle initials or anything that sophisticated for common names. They need to scrap and recycle those addresses pretty frequently, so I can imagine those ones being put beyond use within a month or two of graduation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,412 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mine worked for exactly one year after I graduated and then I was locked out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mine was working for about 3 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how someone would find a complete list of all the module titles they did, over a year after they've graduated?
    I tried to sign on using the email so I could go to the course list in the SIS, but it's not recognising my log-in details anymore.
    I've trawled through the course listings, and I've found modules that sound almost right, but I want to double check when I did them, and what grades I got. I can't just check the module requirements for a particular course, because I did general science.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I have to contact the college to request it, or is it still on the net somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how someone would find a complete list of all the module titles they did, over a year after they've graduated?
    I tried to sign on using the email so I could go to the course list in the SIS, but it's not recognising my log-in details anymore.
    I've trawled through the course listings, and I've found modules that sound almost right, but I want to double check when I did them, and what grades I got. I can't just check the module requirements for a particular course, because I did general science.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I have to contact the college to request it, or is it still on the net somewhere?

Best way is to check your SIS and see your past examination results. In case you don't know, you don't have to get to your SIS through Connect, either use the portal on the UCD homepage or directly with this URL https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/TWBKWBIS.p_WWWLOGIN?ret_code=twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage

Or you could get a full transcript sent out to you.
    An Academic Transcript lists your complete academic history: programmes attended, a breakdown of marks/grades achieved, the degree awarded, your overall grade and conferring date. There is a fee of €22 for two original copies which also includes the cost of postage. Academic Transcripts are signed by the registrar and each page is sealed with the university seal. Academic Transcripts are issued in hard-copy only and not electronically i.e. via email
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/index.html?show=transcripts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

FYI mine dosnt work anymore :(

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    FYI mine dosnt work anymore :(

Connect or SIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Archive all your mail in Gmail and an offline client. That way when you're 65 you can poke through all the soul crushing dribble that was sent to you!

Best way is to check your SIS and see your past examination results. In case you don't know, you don't have to get to your SIS through Connect, either use the portal on the UCD homepage or directly with this URL https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/TWBKWBIS.p_WWWLOGIN?ret_code=twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage]

Should also mention that if your SIS password has expired (which it should not have at this stage), call the student desk and get it reset. That is separate from your Connect pin. Connect and SIS are not related at all, just that many people think Connect is the only way to access SIS.

Advertisement