Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone needed!

Options
  • 15-07-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Right lads, i'm using a piece of sh1t atm and need a new phone.

Requirements being good internet and must be on Meteor, direct me! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Are you billpay or payg? Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Preferably payg but could go bill pay and budget is endless :D (within reason!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What type of phone do you want? Maybe fill in the below so people can recommend easier

• What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    • Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

Verance wrote: »
    Right lads, i'm using a piece of sh1t atm and need a new phone.

Requirements being good internet and must be on Meteor, direct me! :)

Verance: I'm thinking about switching to meteor (bill pay). They have a HTC Desire which is supposed to be the dogs-gonads. Their internet add-on looks very good value for money (15e for 10gb)

Is meteor's internet coverage any good? Is there a better mobile network for internet or are they all the same now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

HTC Desire out of stock at the moment. I'm looking at joining Meteor too - €20 for 200 mins/texts compared to €50 for the same thing with Vodafone: was I mad or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

gerryp2000 wrote: »
    Verance: I'm thinking about switching to meteor (bill pay). They have a HTC Desire which is supposed to be the dogs-gonads. Their internet add-on looks very good value for money (15e for 10gb)

Is meteor's internet coverage any good? Is there a better mobile network for internet or are they all the same now??
    Currently the official 3G coverage is pretty poor, Galway, Cork, Dublin, etc.

They're installing 3G towers in more places now, but we're not supposed to know about them till Christmas. Then next year 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

currently coverage of 3G in the country side is horrible...though saying that if u are in the main town area their broadband speeds are great...i get better speeds using my phone as a modem then i get with 3 broadband...

Advertisement