Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rockchip apad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

corkscott wrote: »
    thinking of getting one of these for my daughter for xmas

http://mp4nation.net/blog/2010/06/rockchip-rk2808-7-mid-apad-in-stock-now/

Has anyone out there had a look at one what do you think??

cheers

Avoid. They look great but from what I've read they can last anything between 2 months and 10 days. You could be lucky.

Secondly, they are nothing like an iPad. Many have the other type of touch screen i.e. React to pressure.

They look cool but I would splash €130 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

ironclaw wrote: »
    Avoid. They look great but from what I've read they can last anything between 2 months and 10 days. You could be lucky.

Bit of a bump here, but have you any linkage for that? I'm seriously considering one of these. I mostly only want it for video playback (though it looks grand as an internet browsing device too tbh). They're only 80 euro including delivery on ebay these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Khannie wrote: »
    Bit of a bump here, but have you any linkage for that? I'm seriously considering one of these. I mostly only want it for video playback (though it looks grand as an internet browsing device too tbh). They're only 80 euro including delivery on ebay these days.

I don't have a link but basically your up against a few problems

1) Software - While its based on Android it could be hobbled together to just work on a certain release. As a result your going to run into difficulties if you need to upgrade

2) Hardware - They use old hardware cobbed together to form an iPad clone. They generally are not of good quality.

3) Battery - It won't be good. I've heard 2 hours is exceptional on them. If Apple can squeeze 10 hours out of an iPad, you can be rest assured you won't get anywhere near that on a knock off device

4) Warranty - The machine could break in 2 days and you'd have no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmmmmm.

Ok, thanks. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement