Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast?

Options
  • 15-07-2010 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

So we have done the best take away (still up for debate), the best resturant (possiblly that as well), but heres the scene, its sunday morning, maybe midday/1 oclock, you have been out on the rip all night, and you need a fry, the works, where is there to go for one, barr the deli in your local centra/spar.

Any other morning i would say peper ally (rockwood prade), although not sure if their open sundays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Margaret's Cafe in Finisklin..

.. by a country mile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

magnumlady wrote: »

Can't reccommend it enough. Sausages,rashers,hash browns,eggs,beans,toast and tea/coffee for 6.50,it's fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

basquille wrote: »

.. by a country mile!

would agree with you there 110%, bit off the beaten track though, and are they open sunday mornings? the morning when you want a fry the most, apart from saturday :D

magnumlady wrote: »

that actually looks good, and served on real plates

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

and sometimes you get a free ice cream as well.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Anyone who can go into Imelda's (The Picnic Basket) in Ballymote, eat the breakfast and leave hungry has either hollow legs or worms!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

+1 for imeldas -ballymote
    you gotta try the mixed grill too , I have never seen anything like it worldwide ! used to get brekkie there in my drinking days its ledgendary !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

I know its a bit from Sligo town BUT if in strandhill check out Shells Cafe. Under new mgmt for last couple of months, everything is cooked from scratch and nom!! Just lovely cant say more................

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

The Irish breakfast in O'Heirs in Tesco is lovely too. €4.50 for a mini breakfast is more then enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

O Hehirs and Pepper Alley are utterly dire everything is precooked and then sweated in a ban marie for hours until you have a boil up rather than a fry up, they use sh1t ingredients too so does the 4 lights but at least it is cooked to order even if most is deep fried. I used to go to Lyons nice but very dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Best breakfast in Sligo? My house... sausages made by the local butcher, Kelly's award winning pudding, free range eggs from a local farmer, tomatoes from my back garden & fresh made bread made by me! Ye cannae beat it! ;)

Best breakfast in Sligo? My house... sausages made by the local butcher, Kelly's award winning pudding, free range eggs from a local farmer, tomatoes from my back garden & fresh made bread made by me! Ye cannae beat it! ;)

all off to your gaff sunday morning then

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

The stables now i would have to say, though for sheer value alone the 4 lights has to be up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Ironically the Polish cafe on Harmony Hill used to do the best tasting and best value Full Irish I ever had, ever. I miss that place so much. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 N4

basquille wrote: »

.. by a country mile!

I would agree with you there freshly cooked not like some places mentioned either precooked and kept warmed up or cooked up in a deep fryer.
    A Place i had a breakfast recently was out in grange in langs Restaurant and wasnt bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

irish-stew wrote: »
    all off to your gaff sunday morning then

;)

Only if you all buy me beers on the Saturday night!

Only if you all buy me beers on the Saturday night!

a pint from each person your cooking for, sounds like a good deal, might hold you to that

:cool:

Advertisement