Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu Queer Beers this weekend?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Howdy, I wrote a thread about being newly out, in the mid 20s, not knowing exactly what to do or where to go next. Got great advice from a number of users. it came to my attention that a lot of us are in the same boat and that a lot missed out on the Queer Beers meet last weekend. It was suggested that an impromptu be held, so what about this weekend? Suggestions, info, advice all welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Shotgun meetup. Could be good. Sadly I'm in Dublin tomorrow morning, working in Athlone tomorrow night and will be in Cavan all day Sunday. Otherwise, it could be one of those random nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lionchild

Barna77 wrote: »
    I'm up for it :D

that's 2 of us already, who else is up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sounds good but I already have plans for this weekend

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Im at a loose end this weekend so im defo up for it... when, where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If someone decides where & when.. it looks like you'll have at least 3 people.. I can't say I'll come.. but I also can't say I won't. ;)

I was in ther Bernard Shaw tonight. So much gayer there I thought ye had organised this already hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Damn this not living in Dublin and damn this not having money!
    Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Damn all this damning! =O
    Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Damn this not living in Dublin and damn this not having money!
    Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe try it for next weekend

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

if ya want a token straight guy i might go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

mrDerek wrote: »
    if ya want a token straight guy i might go

Sorry, as this will be a meeting of newly out and closeted guys I think not.

Some of the leaders of the gay community will be there to teach us the secrets of being gay, and we will be naturally discussing how to further the gay agenda :P

Sorry, Iv spent too long looking at Christians for Conscience etc!! :P Am only joking, as long as you dont mind being at "queer beers" I doubt there would be an issue!!!

If its on for next weekend ye Id be up for it although would kinda like to know by like Tues or Wed so can plan for it. In order to help further same do ye think Afternoon or Evening and in a Straight / Gay venue and should it be pub or cafe? If theres even 5 or 6 people up for it may as well run, I missed Queer Beers oweing to it clashing with Oxegen, but am dyin to put names to a few faces.... And can hopefully get one or two regular readers but non posters to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nean

I might come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I take it… it was a none starter then!?! :cool:

We did have a bit of an impromptu beers on Sat night, was myself, 'lionchild' and 'Barna77'
    was a bit of craic, nice to meet up an have a chat over a pint.

Doop wrote: »
    We did have a bit of an impromptu beers on Sat night, was myself, 'lionchild' and 'Barna77'
    was a bit of craic, nice to meet up an have a chat over a pint.
    Yeah, good craic

And don't forget the drunk woman... "Are you um gay?" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Barna77 wrote: »
    Yeah, good craic

And don't forget the drunk woman... "Are you um gay?" :D:D

dare I ask how did that come up!!!!

Ya cant fault a drunk womens gaydar!!

I think she was just trying to create a diversion while she started drinking the nearest pint to hand (not hers!)

Advertisement