Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of these???

• 16-07-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I've just started getting into this photography thing and took these while learning to use my new cannon 1000D. Any comments or pointers appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

They're very small, would prefer to see larger versions. Nice set I think, but that bridge has been shot to death and your crop seems a bit off, tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

All lovely photos, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

Exposure is spot on, composition is good. Good choice of time of day, nice dark blue is sky. You have the technicalities right. Well done!

Figure out what really interests you personally. What subject really appeals to you. Don't try to shoot what you think will look good in a photograph, or what you think others will appreciate. If you shoot the stuff that really matters to you, that will come through in your work.

Otherwise, take lots of photographs and look at lots of photographs and enjoy the trip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I like the second last one alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 26royston

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to learning more. Yeah I quite like the contrast between the old and new buildings (as well as the lights from the traffic) in the second last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I like the shot of the ferryman. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

davmigil wrote: »
    Exposure is spot on, composition is good. Good choice of time of day, nice dark blue is sky. You have the technicalities right. Well done!

Figure out what really interests you personally. What subject really appeals to you. Don't try to shoot what you think will look good in a photograph, or what you think others will appreciate. If you shoot the stuff that really matters to you, that will come through in your work.

Otherwise, take lots of photographs and look at lots of photographs and enjoy the trip :)

+1 for me. You're definately on the right track and it's the getting out there and actually doing a bit of clicking over the years that'll get you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

they look great...even professional looking.... well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I think the bridge image is fantastic looking. I was quite surprised when i opened how great it all looked. Nice and crisp with twinkling lights in the back ground :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

26royston wrote: »
    I've just started getting into this photography thing and took these while learning to use my new cannon 1000D. Any comments or pointers appricated.

You need a tripod or bump the ISO..... Some of those shots have a wee bit of camera shake, especially 2+3

Other then that, there quite good

• Advertisement
Advertisement